GDT: WCF #1 | "Mc Versus Mac" | Oilers @ Avalanche | May 31 2022, 6:00PM MT | SN, CBC, TNT/630CHED, KKSE-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
2ysl9XW.png

YxMykHU.png

DWbPVww.png

jdJLJzB.jpg

bu5S0OM.jpg

cXUwqqs.png

XtDcgWy.png

KNcu8Lf.png

HzwksFy.png

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I got to admit...after the series against Calgary, I feel like I've used up my emotional energy and that any wins after this are strictly bonus.

Really hope the Oilers don't feel like that.

Same here, to both.

I’ve said to friends and family that the BoA win (especially in 5), and associated emotions felt like a mini-Cup win. Since I was too young to remember the last Cup win, it’s the closest I’ve felt to it as a fan of this team

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I got to admit...after the series against Calgary, I feel like I've used up my emotional energy and that any wins after this are strictly bonus.

Really hope the Oilers don't feel like that.
Likewise. That BOA was so mentally draining and it's amazing to just be in the Conference Finals so I'm gonna try and enjoy every moment of this series.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Can’t wait to watch MacKinnon, Makar & McDavid fly and cut around the ice.

Btw off topic but Avs fans are the most reasonable, most likeable, and probably most humble group of people when it comes to hockey.

As someone that hopped on the Oilers wagon I would not mind losing to this team as much as others.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Can’t wait to watch MacKinnon, Makar & McDavid fly and cut around the ice.

Btw off topic but Avs fans are the most reasonable, most likeable, and probably most humble group of people when it comes to hockey.

As someone that hopped on the Oilers wagon I
would not mind losing to this team as much as others.
You’ve definitely taken up the mantle and fought strongly for the Oilers on the mains, lol.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Dear McJesus,

Our lord and saviour,

May you fuel us with unrivaled will, determination, and effort,

May all our pucks get in deep,

May all our checks be finished,

May we be blessed with many goals,

And above all else, lord, please let us win. Let us rejoice in the salvation of La Bamba and celebrate in your name, lord.

Amen.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Game 1 should be fun. Whether we win or lose this one I’m sure Woody is going to have a better game plan for game 2, so I’m not too wound up about this.

Hopefully Smitty is ready to go, could be a lot of pucks going his way, should be back and forth so Smitty just needs to stay focused and keep us in it

All that being said I hope we beat the snot out of them game 1. If we start strong I could see the avs get shook, they haven’t been here before either and they’ve had higher expectations for a few years.

illegalsmile

Nov 27, 2021
Behind you!
Unlike Calgary, Colorado is a team worth showing some concern over playing. There is no doubt, win or lose, this is going to be a fun series to watch. The Oilers have surprised a lot of people, including their own fans with this run. Remember how certain folks were shitting bricks over the thought of a BoA series?! (That passed quickly, didn't it?!) I believe we can do it again, it's going to be twice as difficult and it really depends on which version of the Oilers turns up for game one.

It's weird, the feeling that playing Colorado has had on me. I'm not worried and I'm not overly-confident either, I feel quite calm about this. I'll see if I'm still feeling as chill, tomorrow morning... Good luck, boys.

Let's do it.

(Do you think quoting Gary Gilmore's final words is ominous, or just modesty-driven sardonic humour, at this point??)

Oil in seven(?)

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think we're all ecstatic with what the team has done up to this point.

Colorado is one of the most stacked teams in the salary cap era.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I think we're all ecstatic with what the team has done up to this point.

Colorado is one of the most stacked teams in the salary cap era.

On paper, sure. But when you compare them with analytics and how both have played in the Playoffs thus far, Oilers have a great shot at beating them.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad