GDT: WCF #1 | "Mc Versus Mac" | Oilers @ Avalanche | May 31 2022, 6:00PM MT | SN, CBC, TNT/630CHED, KKSE-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Half way there.... keep going boys.

So much attention on this series. Eyes of the hockey world all on this match up. No doubt its going to be entertaining. Hoping the Oilers can finally win a Game 1. After the stressful BOA, I'm heading into this one less nervous and stressed. I think all of this Mc vs Mac talk will motivate 97 to elevate his game even higher. I can't wait.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not announced yet, but Chris Lee didn't make it to round 3.

Scratch there here they are

Kelly Sutherland #11 - Gord Dwyer #19
I think Sutherland is considered to be the second best ref in the league, so that’s good.

Speedy recovery my friend
Thanks buddy. The sore throat is annoying AF.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I think a lot of us feel the same way. Just enjoy the ride and see where it goes. Expectations IMO for this year have been met, and anything on top is gravy.

If you told me at the start of the year that the oilers would not only make the playoffs, but win two rounds AND dummy the Flames in the process, I'd have been ecstatic.

That being said:

566LHPs.gif

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Happy too be here....All gravey from this point...blah blah blah

Crush these guys, move on and win it all! I want this city burnt to the ground.

Reactions: ujju2

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Tkackuk was pretty darn quiet in the Calgary series. I wonder how much Kane had to do with that.

I hope Kadri is quiet in this series.
Kane has never had a fight as an Oiler so I don’t know what kind of deterrent he is in that regard. He has been finishing his checks though so that will be huge this series. Im not sure how physical the Avs have been this year in the playoffs but the Oilers have shown the ability to turn it on. I think a huge factor in the second round is the Oilers never got baited into playing the flames hack hockey. We kept it clean and played hard and capitalized on all the flames slew footing and dirty shit. If Kadri wants to play like a hack I hope they pay on the scoreboard.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Can’t wait to watch MacKinnon, Makar & McDavid fly and cut around the ice.

Btw off topic but Avs fans are the most reasonable, most likeable, and probably most humble group of people when it comes to hockey.

As someone that hopped on the Oilers wagon I would not mind losing to this team as much as others.

The Avs are a bunch of losers and we'll blow them out. f*** that team.
I love that these posts were back to back.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Happy for the guys I'm sure there enjoying being in the final 4 and all the media hype that goes with it. Teams should match up well might come down to goaltending, as both teams have the fire power to do damage at will. Avs haven't had those physical battles like the oil have had so hopefully the boys hit the body lots and send a good opening message. Exciting times to be an oiler fan ! Hopefully Edmonton is rocking this week with playoff excitement...good times !! Go oil !!!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I've thought this too but I'm also not ruling out being right back up to level 11 after about 5 minutes of game 1.

1 Kadri facewash and my blood will be boiling
There won't be a difference in that we'll get really hyped up and stressed throughout these games. That's just fandom.

The difference at this point will be that if we lose, we won't be mad at our own team as as we were in the Chicago or Winnipeg losses.

Thinking back most weren't mad at the team for the Anaheim loss as it felt like a return for Edmonton and was setting expectations for success. There was only anger at the league because there were at least two controversial officiating calls that directly impacted two of the games we felt robbed.

I suspect if this goes the wrong way, we'll feel similar about the team especially if they at least win a couple along the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad