GDT: WCF #1 | "Mc Versus Mac" | Oilers @ Avalanche | May 31 2022, 6:00PM MT | SN, CBC, TNT/630CHED, KKSE-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
FB_IMG_1651025244056.jpg
Excellent!!!!!!!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
The 9-6 game 1 scoreline in the BoA may not be far off from what some games this series will be... average goaltending + 5 minute lapses in concentration = FREE GOALZ

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Game 1 should be fun. Whether we win or lose this one I’m sure Woody is going to have a better game plan for game 2, so I’m not too wound up about this.

Hopefully Smitty is ready to go, could be a lot of pucks going his way, should be back and forth so Smitty just needs to stay focused and keep us in it

All that being said I hope we beat the snot out of them game 1. If we start strong I could see the avs get shook, they haven’t been here before either and they’ve had higher expectations for a few years.

Agree with this.

It's ironic that after all of the shade thrown at the Oilers for underachieving, and how Colorado was so much more "on track" with their rebuild... In the end we both finally reach the semi finals at the same time.

There is a lot more pressure on Colorado IMO, they've been knocking at the door for longer and it would be a shock to the system if they are deemed "not ready yet"... and that definitely would be the message if they lose (or are losing) to the lowly Oilers.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Odds 1.5/1 of a goal in the first ten minutes. Darn near a guarantee isn't it?

Also, all we need from bottom six is to not get caved in. We don't need a ton of goals, just don't get scored on.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I got to admit...after the series against Calgary, I feel like I've used up my emotional energy and that any wins after this are strictly bonus.

Really hope the Oilers don't feel like that.

Same here, to both.

I’ve said to friends and family that the BoA win (especially in 5), and associated emotions felt like a mini-Cup win. Since I was too young to remember the last Cup win, it’s the closest I’ve felt to it as a fan of this team

Likewise. That BOA was so mentally draining and it's amazing to just be in the Conference Finals so I'm gonna try and enjoy every moment of this series.

Not criticizing posters for commenting how emotionally draining the BoA was cause I’m in the same boat but dang, we won in five games! Could you imagine if Calgary managed to pull us to game seven???

😂😂😂

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Not criticizing posters for commenting how emotionally draining the BoA was cause I’m in the same boat but dang, we won in five games! Could you imagine if Calgary managed to pull us to game seven???

😂😂😂

I think a lot of us feel the same way. Just enjoy the ride and see where it goes. Expectations IMO for this year have been met, and anything on top is gravy.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I got to admit...after the series against Calgary, I feel like I've used up my emotional energy and that any wins after this are strictly bonus.

Really hope the Oilers don't feel like that.
I've thought this too but I'm also not ruling out being right back up to level 11 after about 5 minutes of game 1.

1 Kadri facewash and my blood will be boiling

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Game 1s are our arch-nemesis for some reason
I don't think they win tonight, but at least show up against the Avs unlike the Flames in Game 1

it's tough making it this far in the playoffs as we all know, Oilers need to make the most of it...especially being so close now
Game 1 of the last two series was pretty much a feeling out process for the Oilers. I won’t get down if we lose but oddly I’d be a tad nervous if we win…crazy I know.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Game 1s are our arch-nemesis for some reason
I don't think they win tonight, but at least show up against the Avs unlike the Flames in Game 1

it's tough making it this far in the playoffs as we all know, Oilers need to make the most of it...especially being so close now
bang on buddy!
It's so difficult just getting to this point in the playoffs, who knows when it will come again, gotta make the most of it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad