So final roster (with one spot open for most likely Frans Nielsen):

Goalies:
Patrick Galbraith (Ex-Frölunda Indians)
Simon Nielsen (Rauman Lukko )
Sebastian Dahm (Rødovre Mighty Bulls)

Defense:
Philip Larsen (Dallas Stars)
Oliver Lauridsen (Philadelphia Flyers)
Markus Lauridsen (Lake Erie Monsters/Colorado Avalanche)
Daniel Nielsen (Hamburg Freezers).
Jesper B. Jensen (Rögle BK).
Stefan Lassen (Ex-Malmö Redhawks)
Mads Bødker (Malmö Redhawks)
Rasmus Nielsen (Herning Blue Fox)

Forwards:
Mikkel Bødker (Phoenix Coyotes)
Nichlas Hardt (Jokerit)
Mads Christensen (Eisbären Berlin)
Morten Green (Hannover Scorpions; Team Captain),
Julian Jakobsen (Hamburg Freezers),
Morten Madsen (Hamburg Freezers),
Kirill Starkov (Ex-Oskarshamn IK)
Morten Poulsen (Oskarshamn IK)
Patrick Bjorkstrand (Ex-Mora IK)
Jesper Jensen (Karlskrona)
Frederik Storm (Malmö Redhawks)
Kim Staal (Herlev Eagles)
Thor Dresler (Herlev Eagles).

So what are your line thoughts?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I think you are right about Bjarke Møller and Morten Andreasen really being the only two right now that can take Dresler's place.

So Bäckman agreed with me and took Lassen out of the roster....damn maybe I'm turning swedish in my old days :laugh:
But feel really sorry about Emil Kristensen being left out. It was probably between him and Rasmus Nielsen. Both with two unproven Lauridsen brothers it perhaps got to be a rookie to many, so Rasmus Nielsen got it on experience....
Hersby apparently blew it in the Austria match.....

Well Rasmus Nielsen will also make his WC-debut and even though Rasmus Nielsen was at the OQ that's practically it. If experience was the main reason you'd have to think Kasper Jensen would have gotten the notch.

Not having seen the any of the warm-up matches it's hard for me to tell but perhaps something to do with size? Rasmus Nielsen might be a bit smaller but he still holds some pounds on young Emil Kristensen.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So final roster (with one spot open for most likely Frans Nielsen):

Goalies:
Patrick Galbraith (Ex-Frölunda Indians)
Simon Nielsen (Rauman Lukko )
Sebastian Dahm (Rødovre Mighty Bulls)

Defense:
Philip Larsen (Dallas Stars)
Oliver Lauridsen (Philadelphia Flyers)
Markus Lauridsen (Lake Erie Monsters/Colorado Avalanche)
Daniel Nielsen (Hamburg Freezers).
Jesper B. Jensen (Rögle BK).
Stefan Lassen (Ex-Malmö Redhawks)
Mads Bødker (Malmö Redhawks)
Rasmus Nielsen (Herning Blue Fox)

Forwards:
Mikkel Bødker (Phoenix Coyotes)
Nichlas Hardt (Jokerit)
Mads Christensen (Eisbären Berlin)
Morten Green (Hannover Scorpions; Team Captain),
Julian Jakobsen (Hamburg Freezers),
Morten Madsen (Hamburg Freezers),
Kirill Starkov (Ex-Oskarshamn IK)
Morten Poulsen (Oskarshamn IK)
Patrick Bjorkstrand (Ex-Mora IK)
Jesper Jensen (Karlskrona)
Frederik Storm (Malmö Redhawks)
Kim Staal (Herlev Eagles)
Thor Dresler (Herlev Eagles).

So what are your line thoughts?

Im having a really hard time Centering the lines w/out Frans.

Christensen -?- Boedker
Madsen -?- Hardt(?)

After that this year is very blurry for me.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well Rasmus Nielsen will also make his WC-debut and even though Rasmus Nielsen was at the OQ that's practically it. If experience was the main reason you'd have to think Kasper Jensen would have gotten the notch.

Not having seen the any of the warm-up matches it's hard for me to tell but perhaps something to do with size? Rasmus Nielsen might be a bit smaller but he still holds some pounds on young Emil Kristensen.
Oh yeah right. :laugh: played once already a veteran :sarcasm:

But if we go for small mobile + physical d-man pair:
Light: Jesper B Jensen + Daniel Nielsen + Mads Bødker
Medium: Philip Larsen + Rasmus Nielsen
Heavy: Markus Lauridsen + Stefan Lassen
Super-Heavy: Oliver Lauridsen

1st d-pair: Philip Larsen - Oliver Lauridsen (or dare we stack it)
2nd d-pair: Jesper B Jensen - Markus Lauridsen (or change between Markus and Oliver in 1-2 pair?)
3'rd d-pair: Mads Bødker/Daniel Nielsen + Stefan Lassen
4'th d-pair: Mads Bødker/Daniel Nielsen + Rasmus Nielsen

Damn it's a puzzle...suddenly so many d-men to choose from.
Actually Kasper Jensen would have been a heavy d-man (where Rasmus Nielsen is medium) to substitute the 4'th line.

Does this look anything remotely reasonable??

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Im having a really hard time Centering the lines w/out Frans.

Christensen -?- Boedker
Madsen -?- Hardt(?)

After that this year is very blurry for me.

Yes i wrote earlier:

Jakobsen
Green
Jesper Jensen
Dresler

or

Madsen moved to center (max a Christensen-Madsen-Bødker line until Frans comes and saves us :laugh:).
Jakobsen
Jesper Jensen
Dresler
(moved Green to wing)

We miss Nielsen, Eller, Regin - three centers at this WC.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Could go...

Mads C-Julian Jakobsen-Boedker(The first punch)
Hardt-Green-Madsen(The shutdown line)
Storm-Jesper Jensen-Poulsen(The "secret" second punch)
Staal/Starkov-Dresler-Bjørkstrand(Grit + a offensive motor)

or

Madsen/Hardt-Mads C-Boedker
Hardt/Madsen-Julian Jakobsen-Starkov
Storm-Jesper Jensen-Poulsen
Green-Dresler-Bjørkstand

Spread the offense and add a fourth line. Staal as the guy we go to when the offense hasn't produced in the first couple of games(You know it's gonna happen)

or

Hardt-Madsen - Shut-down wing-pair. Mostly D-zone starts
Boedker-Mads C. - Offensive/two way wing-pair.
Storm-Poulsen - Offensive wing-pair. Mostly O-zone starts
Staal-Green - Experienced-wing-pair. Mostly "CALM. THE. ****. DOWN."-zone starts

with Julian Jakobsen, Jesper Jensen and Dresler as the centers and roll with seven D's(If Bäckman is insecure about the Lauridsens playing big roles from the get go)

Or(And this is the wacky one):

Hardt-Mads C-Starkov/Staal - Sniper/Russian, playmaker, guy-to-put-in-front-of-net
Boedker-Julian Jakobsen-Boedker - Sniper, playmaker, brother
Madsen-Green-Storm - Playmaker w. good shot, dangler, guy-to-put-in-front-of-net
Poulsen/Jesper Jensen-Dresler-Bjørkstrand - mussel

D-pairs:

Daniel Nielsen-S. Lassen - Seems a sure thing. Two-way-pairing with both some mobility and some size. Goes well with every forwards combination.
Markus-Philip Larsen - Match the two mobile D's. Like the above.
Oliver-Jesper Jensen - Two guys who's best at their own end. One uses size, one uses skating.

or

Daniel Nielsen-S. Lassen - See above
Markus-Oliver - Squeeze chemistry out of the brothers for a great shut-down pairing.
Philip Larsen-Jesper Jensen/Boedker - Mobile pair that could produce some offense.

or

The 7 D-option. Would leave Bäckman with a chance so let different D-men focus on different special teams. So Daniel Nielsen, Stefan Lassen and Jesper Jensen could focus on PP, while Mads Boedker and the Lauridsen brothers on BP. Or if you don't trust the Lauridsen brothers with that kind of role yet... An extra pair so D. Nielsen-S. Lassen wouldn't have to get over used.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
... until Frans comes and saves us :laugh:)...

I know it was in jest but geez I hope Bäckman don't get caught in this line of thinking because

a) Islanders might not get swept. Game 4 is Tuesday. Pr. Islanders win you could add 2-3 days. Then you got to fly him in with jet-lag. There's no knowing when he'll be there.

b) By the time he could join we've already played three games. Two of them against Norway and Slovenia. You gotta find something to work from day one.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Bäckman has made his mind up forward-wise it seems:

Boedker-Julian Jakobsen-Mads Christensen
Hardt-Green-Madsen
Strom-Jesper Jensen-Poulsen

Link: http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/?newsid=28141

Btw: NAILED IT! :yo: :laugh:

WOW....we both nailed it so accurately it's kind of scary.

You had as first choice yesterday (1'st of May):

I had 30'th of April this:
Forward discussion:
Morten Green isn't good anymore to be 1'st line center, and not fast enough to team up with Bødker that needs speed-guys with him.
But neither of Hardt, Christensen & Bødker are really centers (Mads Christensen are really on the light side to play a center, right? - so maybe better on the left wing).
Jesper Jensen is a bit bigger not physical either. So Julian Jakobsen perhaps??

Could Christensen-Jacobsen-Bødker work to give some 1st line punch? (Christensen is in much better form than Hardt and could provide more speed for Bødker)
That leaves a Hardt-Green-Madsen "veteran" 2nd line?
Storm-Jensen-Poulsen has apparently played will together lately and could form a 3'rd line?
So that leaves perhaps a Staal-Dresler-Bjørkstrand 4'th line.

Maybe I am turning swedish or the 1/8 swedish part of me kicking in....:sarcasm: - thinking like Bäckman.
Either we know something about hockey or we are just lucky in our guesses :laugh:
OR maybe Bäckman reads our discussion (or not :laugh:).

PS: and Bäckman have not yet decided the d-pairs for the Canada game. No wonder as we also find that extremely tricky.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I know it was in jest but geez I hope Bäckman don't get caught in this line of thinking because

a) Islanders might not get swept. Game 4 is Tuesday. Pr. Islanders win you could add 2-3 days. Then you got to fly him in with jet-lag. There's no knowing when he'll be there.

b) By the time he could join we've already played three games. Two of them against Norway and Slovenia. You gotta find something to work from day one.

Yeah and jetlag really hits you going west to east. It can take a week to get normal again if you are really sensititve to it or at least 3 days for normal people.
I found out doing an allnighter speed it faster back to nomal. Don't sleep at all before it's bedtime European time. But then you easily go 30-40 hours without sleep.
At least he flies in from NY with only 6 hours difference and not westcoast NA.

So Frans Nielsen is only really possible for the last games and Slovenia is the all-out most important.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
WOW....we both nailed it so accurately it's kind of scary.

You had as first choice yesterday (1'st of May):

I had 30'th of April this:
Forward discussion:
Morten Green isn't good anymore to be 1'st line center, and not fast enough to team up with Bødker that needs speed-guys with him.
But neither of Hardt, Christensen & Bødker are really centers (Mads Christensen are really on the light side to play a center, right? - so maybe better on the left wing).
Jesper Jensen is a bit bigger not physical either. So Julian Jakobsen perhaps??

Could Christensen-Jacobsen-Bødker work to give some 1st line punch? (Christensen is in much better form than Hardt and could provide more speed for Bødker)
That leaves a Hardt-Green-Madsen "veteran" 2nd line?
Storm-Jensen-Poulsen has apparently played will together lately and could form a 3'rd line?
So that leaves perhaps a Staal-Dresler-Bjørkstrand 4'th line.

Maybe I am turning swedish or the 1/8 swedish part of me kicking in....:sarcasm: - thinking like Bäckman.
Either we know something about hockey or we are just lucky in our guesses :laugh:
OR maybe Bäckman reads our discussion (or not :laugh:).

PS: and Bäckman have not yet decided the d-pairs for the Canada game. No wonder as we also find that extremely tricky.

Well to be precise I "BANDWAGON'ED IT!!" since you actually convinced me :D :p:

I'm starting to think you are Bäckman! :laugh:

Now tell how many pair of socks Oliver Lauridsen's brought! :sarcasm:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well to be precise I "BANDWAGON'ED IT!!" since you actually convinced me :D :p:

I'm starting to think you are Bäckman! :laugh:

Now tell how many pair of socks Oliver Lauridsen's brought! :sarcasm:

I'm not even sure Bäckman knows that :laugh:
Oh well it would be a small miracle if I get the d-men right, since even Bäckman haven't figured it out yet.
Oliver Lauridsen is a big questionmark on big ice, no matter how many socks he has brought or have on for padding his feet. He could be anything from fantastic to a liability because of his lack of speed. He hasn't played on big ice since 2007-08.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Philip Larsen wound't be in the game against Canada. He's not yet arrived in the camp. Mikkel Boedker is to arrive tonight. Love the quote by Bäckman on Boedker and possible jet-lag:
All you have to do is put a couple of skates on him and wind him up. That's the kind of persons you're dealing with

LINK: http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/ishockey/article1967766.ece

Added the photo from facebook of the sticks. Above the picture the question: Guess which sticks belong to the newest Danish NHL'ers(Which is a crappy question since he's not but whatever)
935182_557925164229905_1777494711_n.jpg

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Philip Larsen won't be in the game against Canada. He's not yet arrived in the camp. Mikkel Boedker is to arrive tonight. Love the quote by Bäckman on Boedker and possible jet-lag:

LINK: http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/ishockey/article1967766.ece

Added the photo from facebook of the sticks. Above the picture the question: Guess which sticks belong to the newest Danish NHL'ers(Which is a crappy question since he's not but whatever)
935182_557925164229905_1777494711_n.jpg

Guess when it comes to sticks size does matter for Oliver Lauridsen :naughty:
Anyway I think it's a bit underestimating jetlag that Larsen and Bødker hasn't arrived yet! Well the game against Canada tomorrow has just to get over with, it's the next one against Norway the 5'th where it start to really count! But you are not over jetlag that fast.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Holy cheap shot batman... but I laughed :laugh:

Well now we've found the difference between you and Bäckman... The view on jetlag ;)

Jetlag is for *******....Like sleep, food, water and physics....

Im quite casual hockey fan(I basically follow the national team, and a little NHL from time to time, but thats it) but why the IIHF can't even push the tournament start back a week or two is beyond me......Players arriving the day before a game is just stupid and frankly a little unsafe.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jetlag is for *******....Like sleep, food, water and physics....

Im quite casual hockey fan(I basically follow the national team, and a little NHL from time to time, but thats it) but why the IIHF can't even push the tournament start back a week or two is beyond me......Players arriving the day before a game is just stupid and frankly a little unsafe.

Yeah players being "macho" might think Jetlag is nothing.
Sadly it is. When you are tired you (your brain) simply react slower. Lack of sleep works totally the same way as being drunk.
Many studies show that when you drive tiredness causes accidents since you react way more slowly, so that's why bus and trucks drivers are no forced to take more breaks on the European roads. Even though they might think themselves that it's ridiculous and they could drive more.
So turning up for a match with jetlag is the same outcome as turning up to a game with a hangover from last nights party.

I think NHL players are so used to fly between games all the time arriving just before they underestimate going west-to-east over 6 or more timezones. I totally mess with your inner clock.
The sense of time [the so called "Zeitgeber"] is controlled by the pineal gland (dansk: koglekirtel) that controls the production of the hormone Melatonin. Since Melatonin controls your awake-sleep patterns you mess that up you cant' perform at your best until it's restored to normality. That certainly takes more than 24 hours.

The pineal gland complex was once a third eye in the back of the head of our reptilian ancestors. The "Tuatara" of New Zealand actually still have a functioning third eye when they are hatchlings.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Per Bäckman
Yeah players being "macho" might think Jetlag is nothing.
Sadly it is. When you are tired you (your brain) simply react slower. Lack of sleep works totally the same way as being drunk.
Many studies show that when you drive tiredness causes accidents since you react way more slowly, so that's why bus and trucks drivers are no forced to take more breaks on the European roads. Even though they might think themselves that it's ridiculous and they could drive more.
So turning up for a match with jetlag is the same outcome as turning up to a game with a hangover from last nights party.

I think NHL players are so used to fly between games all the time arriving just before they underestimate going west-to-east over 6 or more timezones. I totally mess with your inner clock.
The sense of time [the so called "Zeitgeber"] is controlled by the pineal gland (dansk: koglekirtel) that controls the production of the hormone Melatonin. Since Melatonin controls your awake-sleep patterns you mess that up you cant' perform at your best until it's restored to normality. That certainly takes more than 24 hours.

The pineal gland complex was once a third eye in the back of the head of our reptilian ancestors. The "Tuatara" of New Zealand actually still have a functioning third eye when they are hatchlings.

I was joking...boedker does seem to have great speed at least. Doesnt look slowed down so far. But
I know how jetlag can influence you...as can simple lack of sleep ..we have had NA players who have clearly suffered more than others from jetlag....loved bäckmans bødker comment

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Per Bäckman

I was joking...boedker does seem to have great speed at least. Doesnt look slowed down so far. But
I know how jetlag can influence you...as can simple lack of sleep ..we have had NA players who have clearly suffered more than others from jetlag....loved bäckmans bødker comment

Bødker has been good. But the point is just why make an unnecessary disadvantage for yourself?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
What was the real line up for the game against Canada??
For instance Starkov showed very little though he should be on the 1'st line with Green and Hardt. Wasn't it Staal playing mostly there?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00