Denmark: WC Roster 2013

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
If I were a top athlete I'd want to go up against(And perhaps become) the best in the world given the chance. The best in the world aren't at the WC. Just sayin' ;)

And what about OG`s? would you miss up on those if you were a hockey player and your NHL team would tell that you cant represent your beloved Denmark?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
And what about OG`s? would you miss up on those if you were a hockey player and your NHL team would tell that you cant represent your beloved Denmark?

Just wanna point out how hypothetical this is... So many factors to consider in such a case but my gut feeling would be the Olympics - but I hope you appreciate the difference between the two tournaments? :)

WC in hockey isn't like in soccer e.g. where it's every four years. It's every year. With a cast clearly inferior to the other tournament. If national glory was all that counted I would have stayed at home competing for the Danish League trophy every year in the first place ;)

To take the soccer reference all the way: I'd would be like a WC(Every year) without the players that qualified for the CL 1/16-finals. I'd still cheer with all my heart for Team Denmark but I'd want a Danes hands on the CL-trophy.

Hope that "beloved" wasn't sarcastic? Not trying to be pushy, just not sure :)

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Just wanna point out how hypothetical this is... So many factors to consider in such a case but my gut feeling would be the Olympics - but I hope you appreciate the difference between the two tournaments? :)

WC in hockey isn't like in soccer e.g. where it's every four years. It's every year. With a cast clearly inferior to the other tournament. If national glory was all that counted I would have stayed at home competing for the Danish League trophy every year in the first place ;)

To take the soccer reference all the way: I'd would be like a WC(Every year) without the players that qualified for the CL 1/16-finals. I'd still cheer with all my heart for Team Denmark but I'd want a Danes hands on the CL-trophy.

Hope that "beloved" wasn't sarcastic? Not trying to be pushy, just not sure :)

Not sarcastic,i`ll just have to accept,you are NHL-first kind of guy,but for me its just unimaginable, representing my country for me would be the first and foremost no matter what tournament. Don`t want to turn this into a heated discussion,just sharing an opinion :laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Not sarcastic,i`ll just have to accept,you are NHL-first kind of guy,but for me its just unimaginable, representing my country for me would be the first and foremost no matter what tournament. Don`t want to turn this into a heated discussion,just sharing an opinion :laugh:

No hard feelings at all. Different people, different opinions :) ;) Luckily :handclap:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I don`t want to kill your hope,but las year we also won russia in an exhibition game and eveyone thought that QF`s were a guarentee now and well it ended not the way everyone hoped.. and russia won the WC :laugh:
Just don`t let your expectations get too high :laugh:

Oh no danger of that. We just got hope that we might not be relegated. I don't think anyone thinks about a QF right now, based on what has happened in 2013 so far.

Haha ofcourse we don't think Denmark will going to any QF this year :D I don't think any danish fan thinks that.

Just as Justinov says.

The win, just gave a little more confidence in terms of not relegating. It was also nice to see a team without NA players play good games after the travesty the OGQ was.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
If anybody ever doubted... Markus Lauridsen has been released by his team to go play the WC.

Link: http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/markus-debuterer-paa-vm-holdet

Same article claims Nicklas Jensen could come home but I'm not following the logic behind it... By Fredbergs logic it doesn't make sense for Vancouver to call him since he can only play 5 games due to his contract(I'm guessing he's referring to the contract slide). That rule usually only counts for junior? Right? And even though he could have started the season in the OHL(Like his team and draft mate Lucas Lessio) but he's is now playing pro and pro contracts can't slide. Right? If there's a contract thing that could get Nicklas Jensen home I'd be thrilled but I'm not seeing how it applies to Nicklas Jensen...

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
If anybody ever doubted... Markus Lauridsen has been released by his team to go play the WC.

Link: http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/markus-debuterer-paa-vm-holdet

Same article claims Nicklas Jensen could come home but I'm not following the logic behind it... By Fredbergs logic it doesn't make sense for Vancouver to call him since he can only play 5 games due to his contract(I'm guessing he's referring to the contract slide). That rule usually only counts for junior? Right? And even though he could have started the season in the OHL(Like his team and draft mate Lucas Lessio) but he's is now playing pro and pro contracts can't slide. Right? If there's a contract thing that could get Nicklas Jensen home I'd be thrilled but I'm seeing how it applies to Nicklas Jensen...

That rule doesn't count anymore since Jensen is no Jr.
He can be called up during playoffs, for as many games as Vancouver like.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

He

Well as I understand it he could either way. The problem would be eligibility for contract slide. Which doesn't apply as he's pro.

EDIT: Wooops... Seeing I missed a "not" in the original post... Kinda important :D

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well as I understand it he could either way. The problem would be eligibility for contract slide. Which doesn't apply as he's pro.

EDIT: Wooops... Seeing I missed a "not" in the original post... Kinda important :D

Well, not sure he'll get a call up, he has been piss poor imo for the wolves.

17gp. 2g 2a and -6. Many on the canucks board are defending him, but what I saw in the OGQ coupled with his latest AHL time, has made me very uncertain about him.

It should be said, that he's mostly on the 3rd and 4th line with Hockey imbiciles, and get's very little pp. But so was the case in AIK at the end of the season, and he still managed to produce.

Not taking him down, just sayin', unless Vancouver really screw up in the PO's he's not getting a call up, and might aswell get some quality time for Denmark in the WC.

Maybe try him on the the 2nd line and give him some pp. doubt it though :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well, not sure he'll get a call up, he has been piss poor imo for the wolves.

17gp. 2g 2a and -6. Many on the canucks board are defending him, but what I saw in the OGQ coupled with his latest AHL time, has made me very uncertain about him.

Nicklas Jensen seem to have big slumps in his game where he is very unproductive. Hopefully he can reach a higher and more steady level in the near future. This year has been with extreme ups and downs.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010

The rule still counts. If he plays more than 5 regular season games his contract won't slide this year. But playoff games doesn't count against the 5 games, so he can play as many of those as the Canucks wants him to. The writer simply doesn't understand the rule. But I see very little chance that the Canucks lets him go if the Wolves doesn't make the playoffs, the chance is so low it's practically zero.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The rule still counts. If he plays more than 5 regular season games his contract won't slide this year. But playoff games doesn't count against the 5 games, so he can play as many of those as the Canucks wants him to. The writer simply doesn't understand the rule. But I see very little chance that the Canucks lets him go if the Wolves doesn't make the playoffs, the chance is so low it's practically zero.

That is what I meant:) Just did not write it clear enough :)

But I agree, very slim chance:)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Hope his big brother also come. Lauridsen - Lauridsen as a shutdown pair could do some damage.

For every quality defender Denmark can get, our chances in the WC improves a lot since we don't have a lot of depth in that position.
It would be very cool to see both Lauridsen-brothers debuting in the WC.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In a training match against France, Denmark won 5-2.
Danish goalscorers were Jesper Jensen, Nichlas Hardt, Kirill Starkov, Jesper B. Jensen og Morten Poulsen.
So definitely an upward trend towards WC.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark also won the other training match against France, but was in a lot more trouble trailing 0-2. Goals by Patrick Bjørkstrand and Frederik Storm secured a shooutout.
Morten Madsen scored one of two attempts and old hero of WC 2003 Kim Staal scored twice securing a SO win.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

You seem like you got the contract thingy under control... What determines if a contract can slide? Is it ELC's? Is it loans?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
In a training match against France, Denmark won 5-2.
Danish goalscorers were Jesper Jensen, Nichlas Hardt, Kirill Starkov, Jesper B. Jensen og Morten Poulsen.
So definitely an upward trend towards WC.

Where did you read this? I've read the same thing but now I can't find it - and the French are saying it was twice Starkov efter Jesper Jensens.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
You seem like you got the contract thingy under control... What determines if a contract can slide? Is it ELC's? Is it loans?

It depends on what age the player signs the contract. If the players signs an ELC the year where he is 18 on sept. 15th i.e. the year he was drafted, his contract can slide for two years if he doesn't play more than 9 NHL games in a season. If the player is 19 on sept 15th the year he signed the contract his contract can slide for one year.

Jensen signed his contract at camp the year he was drafted, so his contract can slide for two years no matter where he plays as long as it isn't in the NHL.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
It depends on what age the player signs the contract. If the players signs an ELC the year where he is 18 on sept. 15th i.e. the year he was drafted, his contract can slide for two years if he doesn't play more than 9 NHL games in a season. If the player is 19 on sept 15th the year he signed the contract his contract can slide for one year.

Jensen signed his contract at camp the year he was drafted, so his contract can slide for two years no matter where he plays as long as it isn't in the NHL.

Very helpful - Thanks! :handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
After having a "normal" not-so-impressive regular DEL season and not so good NT performance Mads Christensen seemed to have found his form in the DEL playoffs: 7G 2A in 13 matches.
He won the DEL the third year in a row for Eisbären Berlin and will be joining the danish NT with Markus Lauridsen from AHL to the training match against Austria the 30'th.
Mads Christensen has now 5 Danish-league titles, 3 DEL titles and 1 European Trophy as 26 years old!

member 498sixnine

After having a "normal" not-so-impressive regular DEL season and not so good NT performance Mads Christensen seemed to have found his form in the DEL playoffs: 7G 2A in 13 matches.
He won the DEL the third year in a row for Eisbären Berlin and will be joining the danish NT with Markus Lauridsen from AHL to the training match against Austria the 30'th.
Mads Christensen has now 5 Danish-league titles, 3 DEL titles and 1 European Trophy as 26 years old!
In this regard, it is worth noting that Mads had a tough year privately with some serious disease in the family. I'm sure this had an impact on his play this seaon, and even caused some missed games for both Berlin and the NT. Hopefully things are okay now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad