WC QF: May 12 GDT - Czech Rep. vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsgal09

May 1, 2005
Le Golie said:
Here's a chance for all those guys calling out Lavi for letting Parise take that penalty shot.

Weight, Modano... you guys better back it up.

Modano didn't call out the coach. He said nothing about the decision.
It was Weight.
Get your story straight. And MOdano sucks at penalty shots.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
starsgal09 said:
Modano didn't call out the coach. He said nothing about the decision.
It was Weight.
Get your story straight. And MOdano sucks at penalty shots.

Relax. I know it was Weight who called him out but he said Modano would have been a better choice than Parise. I should have rephrased it to say, Modano better back up Weights words.

Sorry.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
GAME OVER, USA LOOSES IN THE SHOOTOUT, it was nice that the server crapped up so I couldnt post updates. sorry bout that guys.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
A well deserved victory for the Czechs. They ridiculously outplayed team USA and it would have been a travesty had the US win this game after a complete Czech dominance.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
"If you are asking me who I would have picked, we have a guy [Modano] in there with 458 [National Hockey League] goals and a pretty good damn shot and pretty good skating," Weight said. "I'm pretty good on breakaways, too."

Doug Weight

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Damn. Sounds like a heroic performance by Dipietro, terrible way to lose. Weight comes out of this looking pretty stupid.

Who took the shots for the US?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
MrRuin said:
Knuble, Weight, Modano, Parrish, Roach for the US

Rucinsky, Hlavac, Jagr, Hemsky for the Czechs

I forgot about Roach, he was on the team for this exact reason. Too bad he didn't bury it but I guess the scouting report is out on him now.

I guess Parise couldn't have done any worse.

Roger's Pancreas*

I think i'm going to be sick. I wanted a bronze or silver so bad and thought this team was perfectly capable of it.

starsgal09

May 1, 2005
Told you they shouldn't pick Modano. He's never been good at penalty shots.

Congrats to DiPietro. A heroic effort to say the least. Wonder if he really did mess up his knee there at the end. And I wonder how bad Cole is. Too bad we didn't have Park for this one.

chicpea*

Jason MacIsaac said:
"If you are asking me who I would have picked, we have a guy [Modano] in there with 458 [National Hockey League] goals and a pretty good damn shot and pretty good skating," Weight said. "I'm pretty good on breakaways, too."

Doug Weight

Beautiful. All class is Dougie. :biglaugh:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Yes on a very very easy goal scored by Ruchinksy..i dont know what happened to DP on that goal.

ugh I hate seeing them lose on a weak goal.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
CREW99AW said:
ugh I hate seeing them lose on a weak goal.

I just saw the replay, it wasn't bad. It was a good deke, DP went for the poke check and guessed wrong on the deke. Rucinsky pulled it over to his backhand, avoided the poke check and scored.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Le Golie said:
I just saw the replay, it wasn't bad. It was a good deke, DP went for the poke check and guessed wrong on the deke. Rucinsky pulled it over to his backhand, avoided the poke check and scored.

How'd Parrish play?

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Oh god, we did it!! :eek:

We defeated US in exactly same way as they defeated us last year :) My voice failed after our second goal, in OT I probably suffered a few heart-attacks, but it was worth it :biglaugh:

Sammy*

Le Golie said:
Damn. Sounds like a heroic performance by Dipietro, terrible way to lose. Weight comes out of this looking pretty stupid.

Who took the shots for the US?
How does Weight look stupid? He was accurate in what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad