WC QF: May 12 GDT - Czech Rep. vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
The winner of this game will beat Sweden in the Semis. USA owned us 5-1 last time and Czechs owned us 6-1. Both teams pretty much have the same playing style wich will work on Sweden. I am terrified :shakehead

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
I am afraid Americans will win :cry: Czech players will once again be shaken by the fact they are in QF and they won't last that pressure of fans.

I think it will be very balanced match, with USA ending as the winners (maybe 3:2 or 4:3) :(

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
dude, swedes are lethal this year, i won't be surprised if they win the gold. i'm actually anticipating it.

wassup77 said:
The winner of this game will beat Sweden in the Semis. USA owned us 5-1 last time and Czechs owned us 6-1. Both teams pretty much have the same playing style wich will work on Sweden. I am terrified :shakehead

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
wassup77 said:

Sweden only wins when everybody says they'll lose, right? I know that feeling. :)

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
So now I am sure we'll lose. I am going to see that game in a pub, where I watched also the last year's US-Czech Qfinals. That's bad, very bad... :cry:

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Team Czech Republic is a mystery to me. Against Slovaks, they played propably the best hockey seen since, well Czechs in World Cup. (I still think they should've won the QF...) Against Russia, I wasn't impressed. Then again, considering that this team is in fact made of Czech players, maybe I shouldn't be suprised they are streaky...

Still, they are my favourite to win it all at this point: 5 - 3 Czechs.

Bubba64

Aug 5, 2004
F-M
www.preds.wz.cz
CZE-USA 3:0 Zidla, Jagr, Kubina

USA woun´t be lucky like last year! I am sure about that. It´s impossible to lose again with players like Jagr and Kubina. :madfire:

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Winner said:
So now I am sure we'll lose. I am going to see that game in a pub, where I watched also the last year's US-Czech Qfinals. That's bad, very bad... :cry:

Wow. Your posts are very optimistic. I thank thee for them :) Are you such an optimist in life too? If so, you must have a SPLENDID life :biglaugh:

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Bubba64 said:
CZE-USA 3:0 Zidla, Jagr, Kubina

USA woun´t be lucky like last year! I am sure about that. It´s impossible to lose again with players like Jagr and Kubina. :madfire:

Exactly. We´ll send them home. End of discussion. Or as the great Michael Corleone would say: OVER!!! :)

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Ranger: Are you watching/listening to the game? Keep us updated frequently if you or anyone else can please.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Some good early pressure by the U.S. I hope the player that Jaromir Jagr says is the toughest player to play against steps it up (HAL GILL!!!).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Good decision to start DiPietro. His puckhandling skills should really help out the U.S. defense today. Perhaps he and Stastny can hook up again? Interesting too that the U.S. has a couple of of Vokoun's teammates (Legwand and Hall) on the team. Perhaps they have some insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad