WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Pepper just got owned. Anyone watching the game knows there was no 2 minute penalty.

Thanks for your insight though.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Oilman01 said:
Brodie. is friggin unreal! :handclap: : You gotta' be lucky to be good! Draper cost us the lead w/ the bad elbowing Penalty. It was only a matter of time w/ 5 on 3 P.P. :shakehead . Lots of lumber w/ the 2 line pass in effect.
That call was pathetic...Draper was being obstructed...should have been off setting minors...if anything.
I anticipated an "anti-Canadian" call or 2!

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Everest said:
Pepper: :dunce: Amazing you would slather the board with your mindboggling tripe when you don't even know the actual call that was made. "Otherwise some solid reffing"..(???) Maybe let the people who actually have funtioning televisions decide on the calls/reffing.

I'm watching the game myself from my TV thank you, I suggest you go take a look at IIHF rules before posing as an expert here.

IIHF rules say that checking from behind is either 2+10 or 5+game, up to referee. If the player is injured, it's always 5+game.

Ihwc.net boxscore says it was 2+10, I can't say why it wasn't a PP.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Le Golie said:
Whatever, you've obviously never received a cross check from behind with your arms raised that caused you to face plant into the dasher board.

Someone had compared the hit to turgeons from hunter. I said it wasnt comparable. Then you said The rest of the world saw turgeon separated his shoulder. I then said I was referring to the hit on gange, not turgeon.

To answer your question though, no i havent. But that hit probably wouldnt have knocked most players down though either. I have been cross checked enought though. Once in the throught. That kept me on the ice awhile.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
What the hell? There wasn't a whistle! That was a goal!

Very typical ref behaviour.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
That Nash chance should have stood but I can see how the ref lost sight of it and blew it down. Not a terrible call, just unfortunate for Canada.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Pepper said:
24.21 2 min Slovakia 8. VYDARENY, Rene Checking from behind
24.21 10 min Slovakia 8. VYDARENY, Rene Misconduct
I checked the Hockey Canada site and that's what it's showing.Incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad