WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Roughneck said:
We can't help it if we're so damn popular.

Anyways, about the game, that is the kind of game that just makes me miss hockey so much more. In one word, it was AWESOME.
...really miss hockey... i'm with you awesome - marty a couple of flubbs - but unreal in the third - ps - slovaks - extremely gifted offensively

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
rival said:
Jovanovski got cut by a highstick as well that went for no call.
Exactly. That was missed as well as the blatant 5 minute penalty. Keep trying to argue it though Pepper, it's really cute.

Captain Leaf

wassup77 said:
Your country should be renamed to Cheatada! shame on you! it's obvious that Cheatada has an advantage on all the other teams. Referees are all Canadians/wannabe Canadians! IIHF are wannabe Canadians! shame on IIHF for helping Cheatada to cheat! :rant:

hmmm

Captain Leaf

Pepper said:
I most certainly wouldn't whine about bad reffing when the most blatant missed call was that highstick on Zednik's face by Heatley, under IIHF rules it was either 2+2 or 5+game but Heatley got nothing.

Stop whining.

nice avatar

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
I think refereeing was poor on both sides. Highsticking on Zednik, just 10 misconduct for Vydareny and disallowed goal for Canada. We have lost because of too many individual mistakes. Vydareny's bad pass. Fourth goal when all players watched Nash behind the goal and let Gagne shoot from between the circles.
It was a great game. :clap: :clap:

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I definately respect the way the SLovaks play the game. If only they could figure out how to get themselves a good goalie and more defenseman. Their forward core, if supported by even Canada's defense at this tournament would dominate I think.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
MykeAbner said:
Exactly. That was missed as well as the blatant 5 minute penalty. Keep trying to argue it though Pepper, it's really cute.

Jovanovski didnt get cut by a highstick. He fell on the ice, the puck was under him and Visnovsky tried to get it from under him, but hit him in the face. Maybe a foul but not a high stick.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
My view on the game:

WHY did Andersson ref the game? We had him in 3 games this tourney (against AUS, KAZ and CAN) and he sucks. Period. Both ways. He made bad calss both ways (like Nash goal dissalowed, Vydareny, Heatley, Marleau holding stick).

The 4th goal we got was brutal. Our D-men are just standing there looking at Nash fr like 30 secs and dont do nothing. Then Nash pases and Gagne scores.

Chara was on the ice for our 5 goals we conceded, but Visnovsky and Strbak were n the ice when we scored our 4 goals.

Chara had a bad tournament to be fair.

Palffy messed up the penalty shot quite badly.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Ego said:
I think refereeing was poor on both sides. Highsticking on Zednik, just 10 misconduct for Vydareny and disallowed goal for Canada. We have lost because of too many individual mistakes. Vydareny's bad pass. Fourth goal when all players watched Nash behind the goal and let Gagne shoot from between the circles.
i watched the game again and gagne stood out front for like 30 seconds smacking his stick on the ice - bullit shot by thornton - keeper i guess should have had it but it was rising and knuckling pretty fast

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
mr gib said:
i watched the game again and gagne stood out front for like 30 seconds smacking his stick on the ice - bullit shot by thornton - keeper i guess should have had it but it was rising and knuckling pretty fast
Chara on that 4th goal was brutal. He blocked the view of Lasak AND defelcted the shot into the top corner. He should have hit Nash on the boards behind the net on that play, not just stand there for 30 secs.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Egil said:
I definately respect the way the SLovaks play the game. If only they could figure out how to get themselves a good goalie and more defenseman. Their forward core, if supported by even Canada's defense at this tournament would dominate I think.

I agree, I love the Slovaks style. They play a beautiful game. After Canada they are my favourite international team to watch.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
12# Peter Bondra said:
Chara on that 4th goal was brutal. He blocked the view of Lasak AND defelcted the shot into the top corner. He should have hit Nash on the boards behind the net on that play, not just stand there for 30 secs.
i turned to my buddy though and we both agreed it was fantastic to see the game again - win or lose - demetra is lethal -

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Ego said:

Wasn't it though? My brother and I were both really disappointed when Thornton scored that fluke goal, both of us thought the Slovaks deserved better than that.

Chara can't be expected to turn in a good performace while playing 30 minutes on the big ice every game in such a high intensity tournament with little rest. Slovakia needs to give him help on defence.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
But Visnovsky played 35 min against CAN and didnt make one big mistake and was on the ice for 4 of our goals and we didnt concede when he was on the ice.

Another mistake was, we rolled 3 offensive lines and played regularly 6 D-men. They were very tired in the 3rd period. Marcel Hossa-Pucher-Stefanka line didnt play a second, as didnt Richard Lintner.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
12# Peter Bondra said:
Blame Chara if you like, but it's tough to be the only decent defensive player on your entire team. While Chara was trying to keep Nash from walking right out from behind the net, three Slovak forwards left the shooter standing alone in the best shooting position on the rink. Where were THEY?

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Roughneck said:
Anyways, about the game, that is the kind of game that just makes me miss hockey so much more. In one word, it was AWESOME.
And now that this has been said so many times that i have to think it’s true, let me COMPLAIN!
I have 5 pay TV channels that show crap or even replay stuff and didn’t broadcast a single game of the icehockey worldchampionship.
I pray one of my friends to tape some games shown on a Swiss TV he gets, and they show Czech R.-Usa instead of Finland-Russia and inevitably Switzerland-Sweden (boring game!) instead of Canada-Slovakia (btw, why scheduling contemporary quarter finals?!?).. :madfire:
MAYBE today my friend was able to tape HALF of the game Canada-Russia :banghead:.. (I don’t want to know the result before watching so please don’t post It here!)
..and of course I have 56K connection that prevents me from watching anything online on mediazone… :banghead:

How much sucks the life of a hockey fan?
Waiting for a year for some top level hockey to be played and then missing it when it’s on… :cry:

Now, would someone be so kind to post some video of the game?? :help:
(Gaborik goal please!)

There will ever be a day in my life when I will be able to watch as much top level hockey as i want/need?!?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Jorge Garcia said:
Blame Chara if you like, but it's tough to be the only decent defensive player on your entire team. While Chara was trying to keep Nash from walking right out from behind the net, three Slovak forwards left the shooter standing alone in the best shooting position on the rink. Where were THEY?
Im not saying that its only Chara's fault, its also Satans, but when Nash pased in front, Chara went and TOTALLY screned Lasaks view (and even deflected the shot). Thats worse than the thing before the goal.

And Visnovsky played better defensively this tourney than Chara. Strbak and Suchy also.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
WHY didnt no one mention the crosscheck which Scott Walker made on Lasak during our PP? He just went beside Lasak and crosschecked him. A clear foul.

To helice: Here: http://www.czech-tv.cz/mshokej/#48

Click on the Kanada-Slovensko link and you should see it.

Edit: They show only 6 goals but not the Gabi now. But you can see lots of other games goals.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
12# Peter Bondra said:
To helice: Here: http://www.czech-tv.cz/mshokej/#48

Click on the Kanada-Slovensko link and you should see it.

Edit: They show only 6 goals but not the Gabi now. But you can see lots of other games goals.
Thanks!..but i have to say on my computer i can't watch much..only bad glimpses of four goals (the buffering process keeps on re-starting and never gets to 100%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->