WC: WC 2018 - Team Russia

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Russia presents its team quite early on compared to the other teams, why is that? Don´t we want to wait and see what happens in the NHL play offs before we conclude the team for the world championship?

What do you guys think the chances of Kovalchuk going for his 11th World championship?

Is there a change of generation for this particular tournament? I've seen it mentioned.. Makes it kind of boring not to expect a gold this year.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
roster for Eurotour

Shestyorkin
Koshechkin
Bocharov

Khafizullin
Belov
Gavrikov
Zub
Yakovlev
Bereglazov
Ogurtsov
Yelesin
Tryamkin
Mineev
Demidov

Gusev
Datsyuk
Barabanov
Tikhonov
Kablukov
Dadonov
Kagarlitskiy
Byvaltsev
Soshnikov
Slepyshev
Dergachyov
Buchnevich
Kruchinin
Semyonov
Mikheyev

Kovalchuk will not play in WC, because he is tired.
Barbashev, Plotnikov, Antipin will not play in WC, because they are injured.

Radulov and Namestnikov will arrive next week and undergo a medical examination, after which a decision will be made about their participation in the World Championship.

Состав национальной сборной на Чешские хоккейные игры

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
I have less faith in this years team the one the from 2013.. which puts it slightly above the pre-2006 rosters. Fast forward to 2019 please, I can´t stand to watch the tournaments where they decide to switch generation.

As usually, we will be delighted by their speed and skill during the group stage, but ultimately they will hit a brick wall (maybe vs. the Czechs) during a quarter/semi and not medal.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I have less faith in this years team the one the from 2013.. which puts it slightly above the pre-2006 rosters. Fast forward to 2019 please, I can´t stand to watch the tournaments where they decide to switch generation.

As usually, we will be delighted by their speed and skill during the group stage, but ultimately they will hit a brick wall (maybe vs. the Czechs) during a quarter/semi and not medal.

I look forward to a generation change, and I am happy about the coaching change. Bottom line, the older generation delivered nothing consistently - the only consistent performer, Datsyuk, will likely be on the roster. Znarok was ok, which means underachievement actually became acceptable. It was time to look at someone else, even if there is failure at the outset. No change there! The newer generation is hungrier, in my opinion.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
I look forward to a generation change, and I am happy about the coaching change. Bottom line, the older generation delivered nothing consistently - the only consistent performer, Datsyuk, will likely be on the roster. Znarok was ok, which means underachievement actually became acceptable. It was time to look at someone else, even if there is failure at the outset. No change there! The newer generation is hungrier, in my opinion.

I agree with you, the team has to younger, I just wanted to see a tournament where we were going for gold and not use it as a tournament to school new players (that's what you have EHT for), thus I'd like to fastforward until 2019 or something.
This tournament will be the same as 2006 - that was a very good and hungry team, but just not a gold medal candidate because of the unexperienced players. I also think that they took too much out of the backbone for this tournament.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I agree with you, the team has to younger, I just wanted to see a tournament where we were going for gold and not use it as a tournament to school new players (that's what you have EHT for), thus I'd like to fastforward until 2019 or something.
This tournament will be the same as 2006 - that was a very good and hungry team, but just not a gold medal candidate because of the unexperienced players. I also think that they took too much out of the backbone for this tournament.

Guys like Soshnikov won't be there by the time the final roster is set. Kaprizov and others from CSKA will add to the mix, and it now looks as though Washington Capitals players won't be busy by the time the tournament starts. It is hard to say who will be on the roster by the time the WC's start.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd like to see Ogurtsov - Tryamkin pair. I mean, it's rare to see a defenseman pair, where an average players' height is 6'7. Even in the NHL.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I'd like to see Ogurtsov - Tryamkin pair. I mean, it's rare to see a defenseman pair, where an average players' height is 6'7. Even in the NHL.

Without a doubt, Russia needs more big, tough defensemen to defend the front of the net. I also am impressed by Gavrikov, and Sergachev, Provorov and Zadorov are other young guys who could improve the D.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Guys like Soshnikov won't be there by the time the final roster is set. Kaprizov and others from CSKA will add to the mix, and it now looks as though Washington Capitals players won't be busy by the time the tournament starts. It is hard to say who will be on the roster by the time the WC's start.
I wouldn't be that certain about Washington. It looks more like a 7 games series. Either way, the set up of the 1st round will reinforce team Russia either way. Also the 2ns round will probably do it too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
roster for Eurotour

Shestyorkin
Koshechkin
Bocharov

Khafizullin
Belov
Gavrikov
Zub
Yakovlev
Bereglazov
Ogurtsov
Yelesin
Tryamkin
Mineev
Demidov

Gusev
Datsyuk
Barabanov
Tikhonov
Kablukov
Dadonov
Kagarlitskiy
Byvaltsev
Soshnikov
Slepyshev
Dergachyov
Buchnevich
Kruchinin
Semyonov
Mikheyev

Kovalchuk will not play in WC, because he is tired.
Barbashev, Plotnikov, Antipin will not play in WC, because they are injured.

Radulov and Namestnikov will arrive next week and undergo a medical examination, after which a decision will be made about their participation in the World Championship.

Состав национальной сборной на Чешские хоккейные игры
Hey, what about Khokhlachyov? Injured? As he hasm't played against Norway I assume that's the case.

Otherwise no surpeises here. That's the candidates for some spots left after the NHLers and KHL finalists arrive. Few spots it is actually.

The big question to me is after the caching change if Zaripov is invited by his former MMG coach.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Russia presents its team quite early on compared to the other teams, why is that? Don´t we want to wait and see what happens in the NHL play offs before we conclude the team for the world championship?

What do you guys think the chances of Kovalchuk going for his 11th World championship?

Is there a change of generation for this particular tournament? I've seen it mentioned.. Makes it kind of boring not to expect a gold this year.
There won't be a complete generation change, nor should it happen. Why not the vets if they still has it?

Also you misread it. The roster is farfrom set. There is the usual EHT tournament where the candidates dor spots will play. Otherwise there are still a lot od players unavailable.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Radulov = quarrels with coaches (Mikhalev, Bragin, Znarok etc etc) and teammates, stupid penalties, wrangling with officials, sabotage team play when not receiving bonuses (Salavat Yulaev's fans know), unsportsmanlike psychotic behaviour (including injuries to servicemen and penalty box referees) and performance, that depends on bad or good mood (which is totally unpredictable)

Such a great news :sarcasm:

RW: Kaprizov, Dadonov, and may be Zaripov (with Mozyakin) like in Vorobiev's MMG.

The part about Radulov is pure haterism. Come on, try to be objective at least. And stop lying(injuries to service men and coaches? Sabotage? That's low of you). You obviusly try to sell a very one sided and laughable POV on Radulov.

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
The part about Radulov is pure haterism. Come on, try to be objective at least. And stop lying(injuries to service men and coaches? Sabotage? That's low of you). You obviusly try to sell a very one sided and laughable POV on Radulov.
No haterism and no lie. Great hockey skills, hands, skating, goals, assists - yes. Uncontrollable and unsportsmanlike behaviour, bad penalties - yes.

What's wrong with him here:

Александр Радулов атакует судей
Осторожно, взрывоопасный Радулов!
ХК Салават Юлаев | Уфа «сплавила» Михалева

Maybe nothing wrong. Just usual Alexander Radulov's news.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No haterism and no lie. Great hockey skills, hands, skating, goals, assists - yes. Uncontrollable and unsportsmanlike behaviour, bad penalties - yes.

You do lie. That's not unsportsmanlike, that's not uncontrollable. That's what haters do repeat time after time not making it any more true. You are a hater here.

Was he doing stupid thinhs in the past? Yes. Was he talking and whining too much to the refs? Yes. Was he ever a dirty player who deliberately hurt somebody? No. Was there a single occurence of any such wrongdoing in this past season? No. Bad penalties? Are you sure you are talking about Radulov?

You want to drag a guy who used to shoot at birds as a teenager to a concentration camp? I am against it and will always be even if I personally don't like the guy.

And reiterating lies from some journalists who claim things they have no proof whatsoever for doesn't make your stance any prettier. There is always a bunch of this kind of crap a dime a dozen from certain very credible NOT sources. Especially during playoffs.

To make it clear. I want Radulov on the team. Not because he is a guy I would want to have a beer with, but because he is skilled and works hard on the ice, because he has true passion for the game that is contagious to teammates(btw I never heard a bad word abot him from former teammates). And because these qualities outweigh his sometimes too emotional behavior by quite a margin, especially after he turned 30. Haven't seen anything half bad from him for quite a while and I am not going to be stuck in time and treat him like he is the guy he was in the QMJHL.

Reactions: Blue prez

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Where do you see a lie? What sources are not credible? These videos? I found just random 3-4 videos on youtube. You have a right not to believe them, if it's a lie :) Haven't you seen his games for Salavat and CSKA? It was just 2 years ago. DAL or MTL will NOT tolerate such behavior, so everybody know what player can allow himself, and what can't be done. About conflicts with coaches, it's common knowledge: Mikhalev, Bragin, Znarok, Trotz (they are very good and respectable coaches). Who's next?

Penalties are OK with me. Even hooks and trips. Stupid "emotional" penalties far away from the puck or play are VERY annoying. Maybe there is one more Alex Radulov, and I've seen the wrong one.

You have your own opinion, I have mine. This "emotional behavior" is excessive. In most cases, it can ruin our own game. So I do not want him on the team. I don't hate him, I like him and his goals from highlights.

Both opinions, your and mine, mean nothing at all :) because FHR and Radulov have they own. BTW right now Radulov declined invitation.

You take it too seriously. Ease up :)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Where do you see a lie? What sources are not credible? These videos? I found just random 3-4 videos on youtube. You have a right not to believe them, if it's a lie :) Haven't you seen his games for Salavat and CSKA? It was just 2 years ago. DAL or MTL will NOT tolerate such behavior, so everybody know what player can allow himself, and what can't be done. About conflicts with coaches, it's common knowledge: Mikhalev, Bragin, Znarok, Trotz (they are very good and respectable coaches). Who's next?

Penalties are OK with me. Even hooks and trips. Stupid "emotional" penalties far away from the puck or play are VERY annoying. Maybe there is one more Alex Radulov, and I've seen the wrong one.

You have your own opinion, I have mine. This "emotional behavior" is excessive. In most cases, it can ruin our own game. So I do not want him on the team. I don't hate him, I like him and his goals from highlights.

Both opinions, your and mine, mean nothing at all :) because FHR and Radulov have they own. BTW right now Radulov declined invitation.
:)
You take it too seriously. Ease up
You see in those videos what is not there. But it is not uncommon, is it? every vid about a penalty gets 3 types of comments: 2 from biased fans of both teams and fromthe neutral or objective fans. they all see different things.

I have seen too many games of Radulov. I really know him welll as a player. So stop telling me I should have seen things.

And stop the stupod slave to the NHL crap. Yeah, NHL organizations are something TOTALLY different, they won't do this and that. Come on, MTL is the laughing stock of the league.

Good and respectable coaches? Seriously? Zrnarok is a punk and the nature of their conflict with Radulov makes me take Radulov's side even taking Znarok's personality out of the equation. I will take Radulov over Znarok onthe NT any day of the week. Trotz os a stubborn I don't know all the details. Only people withing the org and Radulov know, but how NSH handled the situation was outright stupid. O am not surprised it is not Trotz who leads the Preds as a contender now. Bragin's weakness is his inability to work with stars. He seems likethe logical candidate to tke over in a couple of years, but I am not at all convinced. That he could not handle Radulov was also his fault. Star players aren't always the nicest, easy to coach guys.

-- Возник слух, что «Салават Юлаев» может возглавить Раймо Сумманен.
-- Впервые слышу… Всегда хочется работать с людьми, которые помогают и требуют выполнять рисунок игры. Я считаю, что должна быть дисциплина. Придет Сумманен или кто-то еще – надо работать с любым тренером.
-- А если он в вас планшетку кинет, как в Ягра?
-- Я и не такое видел. Однажды наш «Квебек» выиграл 15 матчей подряд. Приехали домой, полный «Колизей». И мы влетаем 3:6 аутсайдеру. Тренер Патрик Руа врывается в раздевалку. Кричит что-то по-французски – я не разобрал. Но понял, что не самое нежное. А потом телевизионный пульт об стену – шарах! И говорит: «Ребята, не вздумайте раздеваться. Сейчас болельщики уйдут, и у нас снова тренировка».

-- Удивило, когда прежний тренер «Салавата» Сергей Михалев выписал штраф за то, что Радулов уехал в Москву. На благотворительный матч в помощь детям!
-- Там вот как было. Пришла бумага из Москвы по поводу матча «Ови-тим» -- «Кови-тим». Руководство клуба меня отпустило. А Михалева в известность не поставили. Накануне вылета я поговорил с тренером. Он сказал, что ничего не знает. Удивительно… Но я понимаю Михалева. Ему надо строить занятия, команду. А тут игрок уезжает. Если б его за неделю предупредили, все было бы иначе.
Я в итоге все равно улетел. Потому что обещал людям. Но мы быстро разрешили конфликт. Михалев вызвал в тренерскую. Я объяснил всю ситуацию. Он сказал, что не против этого. В общем, мы поняли друг друга. Историю в прессе раздули.
This "emotional behavior" is excessive. In most cases, it can ruin our own game.
Now if yu tell that to MTL or DAL fans they will think you are nuts. Period.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Just to play devil's advocate, and I'm just strolling through here looking at stuff for Buchnevich/Shestyorkin, the earliest date here was from four years ago. Not really the best supporting arguments...

:dunno:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Just to play devil's advocate, and I'm just strolling through here looking at stuff for Buchnevich/Shestyorkin, the earliest date here was from four years ago. Not really the best supporting arguments...

:dunno:
Shestyorkin will likely e the 3rd goaltenderfor the tournament. Early to tell for Buchnevich. NHL guys did look rusty in yeserday's game.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Panarin - Namestnikov - Radulov
Gusev - Shipachev - Dadonov
Buchnevich - Datsyuk - Kaprizov
No idea

Provorov - Zadorov
Zaitsev - Tryamkin
Gavrikov - Zub

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Panarin - Namestnikov - Radulov
Gusev - Shipachev - Dadonov
Buchnevich - Datsyuk - Kaprizov
No idea

Provorov - Zadorov
Zaitsev - Tryamkin
Gavrikov - Zub

Voynov easily over Zub. And Nesterov and Kiselevich will be in the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad