WC: WC 2018 - Team Russia

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Sprained ligaments in the knee, played with a bandage, said he was totally uncomfortable with it. Good thing this team stays with that roster.

Not surpriced you could see he was not 100 %. But he still managed to set up his team mates but the were bad. Malkin could be the different in the series had he been not hurt thats for sure

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Don't underestimate what they made with the team. Many people including myself aren't that interested in the C-SKA sbornaya performance. I haven't watched a game so far. Just read the results and watched some goals.

Also I've noticed declinig interest for the boards in general fron rusdian fans in Russia. For obvious reasons.

If i understand you correct you are saying that many russian fans dont like that the main core of players on the team comes from only a hanful of KHL teams?
I know several KHL players are hurt wich players from the KHL who is not on the team are you missing ?

My questions are not mean to be negative i am curios and love to hear from Russian about anything regarding my favorite team :)

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
I think may be some Kazan players should be on roster. Tkachev,Galiev for righthander into power play, may be some of defenders. Their defence look very good whole play off so Tokranov, Yarulin or Lyamkin. I like Kagarlitsky from Severestal and I would try Kravtsov as he was one of most dangerous forwards for Traktor in the play off. Suppose there are more players.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I have and will continue to push Golyshev’s candidacy.

He is small but very talented and far more gritty then people give him credit for.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If i understand you correct you are saying that many russian fans dont like that the main core of players on the team comes from only a hanful of KHL teams?
I know several KHL players are hurt wich players from the KHL who is not on the team are you missing ?

My questions are not mean to be negative i am curios and love to hear from Russian about anything regarding my favorite team :)
Point is people from the outside won't even realize it's not actually a handful it's 2 teams. The players they posted as being from other teams are only on that team because they actually with SKA already as offseason signings. KHL FA deadline is 1st May. Byvaltsev and Mikheev who are listed by their now former teams are actually SKA players now. And that is the only reason they are on this roster obviously taking spots away from more deserving players. Same goes for the players who remain with SKA like Kablukov and Khafizullin who are not on the NT by a long shot if they are not with SKA. On the other hand players who left SKA after this season are automatically non-invites like Belov, Kovalchuk, Voynov. It adds to the travesty that exactly those players would deserve an invitation. Very obvious pattern behind this. And I haven't even started to get worked up about my homerism grudges. Not one AkBars player on that team. Noone deserves an invitation from the Cup winning team according to coaching staff and Mr.Rotenberg.

Only real exceptions from the 2 teams rule are Koshechkin and Bereglazov, both from new headcoache's former team, Tryamkin and the very few NHLers this time while Mamin is actually no exception as he will obviously be a CSKA player next season, Buchnevich's and Dadonov's rights are owned by SKA in the KHL and Soshnikov is rumored to become a SKA player next season too. That's so many "coincidences" it's really cringeworthy.

So there are amazing 3 players on the roster whose rights don't belong to SKA or CSKA in the KHL. As mentioned no Kovalchuk, Voynov, no Tkachyov and Zaripov from AkBars, no Mozyakin who owns tons of scoring records in Russia. As for the bottom 6 and D of this team there are bunches of candidates in the KHL who would be at least debatable, but they all seem to have the same problem i.e. not being C-SKA property. And they can't cover it up by claiming they would give the youth opportunities. The 40y.o. Datsyuk is centering the top line.

I would be perfectly okay with sending a U25 team with guys like Svechnikov and Kravtsov on it, but I am not watching this weird show with SKA bottom sixers whose only achievement is being SKA players. Probably a lot of people feeling the same way. In fact many fans I know did not want more NHLers to come and bail out this C-SKA show. I was really glad WSH and TBL did make it to the next round, not that much because of their Stanley Cup goals. And even relieved Malkin won't be able to come over.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

KendoYanar

May 6, 2011
Any other news about Gusev than this?
Alexei Zhamnov: "We have analysed the Czech Republic"
-Nikita Gusev feels fine, his condition is improving. Today, this was our first training session with all of the players participating. Before this, Nikita had been training with the others who aren't competing at the World Championship. Tomorrow, we will make a decision whether to include him in the roster.
Might play tomorrow according to this.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think may be some Kazan players should be on roster. Tkachev,Galiev for righthander into power play, may be some of defenders. Their defence look very good whole play off so Tokranov, Yarulin or Lyamkin. I like Kagarlitsky from Severestal and I would try Kravtsov as he was one of most dangerous forwards for Traktor in the play off. Suppose there are more players.

Both Tkachev's could've been on the team.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Thanks for interesting info guys.

So the big question is why? Are they going back to the old CCCP system where CSKA almost were the CCCP ?
Or what is the reason ?

I cant understand if that is the case letting better players stay out if it hurts the team ? After all its about putting together the best possible team they can and win is it not ?
The WC has always been importent for Russia/ Soviet

A big test coming up tonight (hope Gusev is ready ) but as i said earlier i like this team so far even if they only played against weaker teams
Here is what i like :

- Not letting in 1 goal in 3 games says something i think our D has played very calm
- They have played the whole game not the typhical russian team who suddenly stops playing/looks not interested
- Pavel still have it even if he is slower and soon will be 40 he is still one the best in the world
- Kaprizov my favorite almost score every game and is only 21 ( A new Ovi ??)
- If Gusev starts playing they will get better i really like him and Kaprizov
- Even it there are (for me) new players on this team and many would called it almost a Russian C team i like some of the the litle Barabanov (forgive me if i spell his name wrong) looks very good and is very good to protect the puck

Regarding russian NHL players i have picked up earlier and also mentioned here that is seems to me that some russian fans dont want them on the team

This i dont understand after all almost all of Russias best player plays in the NHL
A healthy Malkin or a Kucherov and Orlov and Provorov would lift this team just to name a few (Or Panarin og Tarsenkov)

Anyway speaking about the future i think that Russias D starting to looks very very good with Orlov getting better and better, Sergachev, Zhadorov, and Provrov (in 2 years i bet many would have him as the best deffense in the world)
And with Vasi in goal and Russia alway have strong highly gifted forward i wonder if the Russian bear is starting to rise again when we talk about the best vs the best. I like what i see

Looking forward to the game tonight it will tell us more about this team

Take care

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Point is people from the outside won't even realize it's not actually a handful it's 2 teams. The players they posted as being from other teams are only on that team because they actually with SKA already as offseason signings. KHL FA deadline is 1st May. Byvaltsev and Mikheev who are listed by their now former teams are actually SKA players now. And that is the only reason they are on this roster obviously taking spots away from more deserving players. Same goes for the players who remain with SKA like Kablukov and Khafizullin who are not on the NT by a long shot if they are not with SKA. On the other hand players who left SKA after this season are automatically non-invites like Belov, Kovalchuk, Voynov. It adds to the travesty that exactly those players would deserve an invitation. Very obvious pattern behind this. And I haven't even started to get worked up about my homerism grudges. Not one AkBars player on that team. Noone deserves an invitation from the Cup winning team according to coaching staff and Mr.Rotenberg.

Only real exceptions from the 2 teams rule are Koshechkin and Bereglazov, both from new headcoache's former team, Tryamkin and the very few NHLers this time while Mamin is actually no exception as he will obviously be a CSKA player next season, Buchnevich's and Dadonov's rights are owned by SKA in the KHL and Soshnikov is rumored to become a SKA player next season too. That's so many "coincidences" it's really cringeworthy.

So there are amazing 3 players on the roster whose rights don't belong to SKA or CSKA in the KHL. As mentioned no Kovalchuk, Voynov, no Tkachyov and Zaripov from AkBars, no Mozyakin who owns tons of scoring records in Russia. As for the bottom 6 and D of this team there are bunches of candidates in the KHL who would be at least debatable, but they all seem to have the same problem i.e. not being C-SKA property. And they can't cover it up by claiming they would give the youth opportunities. The 40y.o. Datsyuk is centering the top line.

I would be perfectly okay with sending a U25 team with guys like Svechnikov and Kravtsov on it, but I am not watching this weird show with SKA bottom sixers whose only achievement is being SKA players. Probably a lot of people feeling the same way. In fact many fans I know did not want more NHLers to come and bail out this C-SKA show. I was really glad WSH and TBL did make it to the next round, not that much because of their Stanley Cup goals. And even relieved Malkin won't be able to come over.

As I said earlier, its "Oligarch Soup!"

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I have and will continue to push Golyshev’s candidacy.

He is small but very talented and far more gritty then people give him credit for.

If you're talking about if Golyshev should've been invited this year, then he was going to undergo two surgeries after the end of the season, doubt he recovered in time.

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Thanks for interesting info guys.

So the big question is why? Are they going back to the old CCCP system where CSKA almost were the CCCP ?
Or what is the reason ?

I cant understand if that is the case letting better players stay out if it hurts the team ? After all its about putting together the best possible team they can and win is it not ?
The WC has always been importent for Russia/ Soviet

A big test coming up tonight (hope Gusev is ready ) but as i said earlier i like this team so far even if they only played against weaker teams
Here is what i like :

- Not letting in 1 goal in 3 games says something i think our D has played very calm
- They have played the whole game not the typhical russian team who suddenly stops playing/looks not interested
- Pavel still have it even if he is slower and soon will be 40 he is still one the best in the world
- If Gusev starts playing they will get better i really like him and Kaprizov
- Even it there are (for me) new players on this team and many would called it almost a Russian C team i like some of the the litle Barabanov (forgive me if i spell his name wrong) looks very good and is very good to protect the puck

Regarding russian NHL players i have picked up earlier and also mentioned here that is seems to me that some russian fans dont want them on the team

This i dont understand after all almost all of Russias best player plays in the NHL
A healthy Malkin or a Kucherov and Orlov and Provorov would lift this team just to name a few (Or Panarin og Tarsenkov)

Anyway speaking about the future i think that Russias D starting to looks very very good with Orlov getting better and better, Sergachev, Zhadorov, and Provrov (in 2 years i bet many would have him as the best deffense in the world)
And with Vasi in goal and Russia alway have strong highly gifted forward i wonder if the Russian bear is starting to rise again when we talk about the best vs the best. I like what i see

Looking forward to the game tonight it will tell us more about this team

Take care

The D and goaltending situation looks very promising for the future. Russia always has good wingers as well. Centres are a real weakness tho, there is a dramatic drop off after Kuzy and Malkin (who's not getting any younger).

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013

Hopefully not, but a russian superstar.

Or what is the reason ?

I think the latter answers the first.
Most would probably be ok with the idea of having a core team playing together. So far with the won olympics and the three first games this system works, but we will see later on during this tournament if this works. It all comes down to picking the best vs. picking the best chemistry. Over the years Russia has clearly been able to pick the best and it has given some results, but mostly it can´t be seen more than a soft success. From the olympics and onwards Russia has chosen to try and go with chemistry.
As I just said, we will have to see how this turns out during the tournament, so far no one can argue against the results.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hopefully not, but a russian superstar.

I think the latter answers the first.
Most would probably be ok with the idea of having a core team playing together. So far with the won olympics and the three first games this system works, but we will see later on during this tournament if this works. It all comes down to picking the best vs. picking the best chemistry. Over the years Russia has clearly been able to pick the best and it has given some results, but mostly it can´t be seen more than a soft success. From the olympics and onwards Russia has chosen to try and go with chemistry.
As I just said, we will have to see how this turns out during the tournament, so far no one can argue against the results.
Let's not mistake bias for chemistry here.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Aren't you the one who is always complaining about Rotenberg?
But how is Rotenberg "oligarch soup"? Should we blame the same on the NHL because of it's billionaire owners? You dig up some beaten to death narrative that doesn't match the reality here and now. Rotenberg is a problem, because he is a bad manager for russian hockey obviously. But there are people who you'd call "oligarchs" probably, while that'd be misleading who are doing quite well as managers in sports. What about them? If we could somehow convince Usmanov to get interested in hockey that would probably be a blessing, but he is already carrying a load. There is no more oligarchy in Russia in the sense in which you use the word. The same oligarchy as everywhere is there. Do you suggest we change that?

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
NHL can have rich owners, but also have some rules like salary cap. While in KHL team like SKA can overpay anyone, so instead of more competitive league, with more preasure on more players on more teams.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
NHL can have rich owners, but also have some rules like salary cap. While in KHL team like SKA can overpay anyone, so instead of more competitive league, with more preasure on more players on more teams.

Also, a KHL owner like Rotenberg can, as has been alleged, prevent a player like Voynov from representing his native land in the World Championships because he is not under contract to SKA. No NHL owner could do that, regardless of their personal fortune.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Also, a KHL owner like Rotenberg can, as has been alleged, prevent a player like Voynov from representing his native land in the World Championships because he is not under contract to SKA. No NHL owner could do that, regardless of their personal fortune.
You mix things up. Rotenberg is FHR vice-president(and we all know Tretiak always was a "wedding general"). He is de facto running the FHR. His involvement in russian hockey obviously different from that of a team owner in any league.

Nonetheless we have seen the NHL owners disrupting international hockey by forbidding players to go to the Olympics. That's a group of oligarchs for you who based on their personal profit goals intervene with the evolvement of hockey as a game worldwide.

If you want a direct comparison to Rotenberg just go over the threads about Team Canada rosters on all levels. Personal decisions are often being made by people in charge that are not exactly considered optimal. That is my point. There is always a guy in charge. He is always biased to some extent and his level of professinalism and awareness might differ from fantastic to complete moron and narcissist. The problem for Russia now is that the guy in charge is severly incompetent as a hockey manager. I have no idea what his prowes as a businessman are and I don't care. His concepts are wrong and are hurting russian hockey in general. But it's not like some greater oligarch conspiracy is behind it. Like I said. Take Usmanov. He seems to know how to make it work in sports. He is your typical oligarch. If they gave his the reigns in hockey I would be all for it. It's not the problem of personal fortune.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Good news.
Sweden's OT-win against Slovakia means that if Russia doesn´t lose any more points before their game on Tuesday against Sweden, it´s just about who wins that particular game if you want to win the group - no one would be able to just go for a point split.

Reactions: Pouchkine

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
KHLers can't beat NHLers... There was nothing like this happened before, and now it's again...
KHLers could beat NHLers a few years ago, especially in 2009 it was proven. The thing this year is that not even the best KHLers are there, not to mention the few NHLers on the roster. You could definetly say this is a C-roster, I mean, the first line consists of a 40-year old guy and a guy who just played in the juniors-WC last year.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
A litle late post after the game but here is my toughts:

- Russia played very bad against Canada the team from the game against Sweden (a game they should have won) was nowere to be seen
- The first line was a disaster Gusev could not have been 100 % and Pavel did not play very well for some reason
- Canada was bad also ( actually i was pretty sure the Russian would beat them )
- It was a strange game (and boring even if that sounds strange thinking of Russia coming back all the time) were i felt that no one of this team deserved to be in the semifinal (based on this game ) Lots of bad passing from both teams and so on
- Even if this Russian team because of injuries etc was on paper maybe the weakest team i have seen for the last 10 to 12 years i toght they actually played very good when they were good and gave them a chance to win it all
- Ofcourse the penalties cost them hard 3 of 5 goals beein one man down ( on the positive side Russian one the game 5 on 5 or the KHL beat the NHL 5 on 5 for those who wants to look at that way )
- Kaprizovs penalty in overtime was ..bad..bad of him and also bad to call it normally the refs lets that go in overtime. As soon as they called him i know this was over 4 on 3 = goal.

I will end this with a question to Russian fans who follow this board :

Why on earth to not russian deffender shoot more???
Do they not know how modern hockey are beeing played?
The goal that deflected the Russian player and went in ( i think Zaitsev shoot the puck) was a typichal goal i am talking about.

I watch some KHL games from time to time but there has to be something wrong this element is missing in their game (watch Orlov goal from last night with the Caps)

Throw more random bullshit shots at the net. It's really that simple.

Have a nice summer hopeful Russia will have more players from NHL ( Panarin, Provorov and so on next cup the was missing some key players here )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->