WC: WC 2018 - Team Russia

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not really concerned about Radulov's refusal to play. Russia has wingers coming out their ears.

Provorov would be a nice addition here.
Provorov with Zadorov to have a shutdown guy at his side for once.

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
There's a rumor that Oleg Znarok won't be the coach of team Russia at the WC. Ilya Vorobiev may be new coach.
Don't know what to expect of Vorobiev.
What I like in Znarok's coaching:
- team roster creation: players always invited according to their current form, role in the team. Guys like Telegin, S.Kalinin, Andronov are not mega stars, but without such players it's hard to win anything these days.
- energetic hockey style
- sometimes beautiful goals after great combinations
- results (declining though) 14-gold, 15-silver, 16-bronze, 17 -bronze
What I don't like in Znarok's coaching:
- weak powerplay
- not very good penalty killing
- low efficiency in goal scoring (may be it's not Znarok's problem, but players capability)
- stupidest tactics "all 5 players in defence waiting for something" after easy lead or in 3rd period. Almost always we allow goals and lose games. WC17 semifinal Rus-Can 2-4 (after 2-0), WC17 bronze game Rus-Fin hard 5-3 (after easy 4-0 went to 4-3), QF of WC15 Rus-Swe hard 5-3 (after easy 3-0 went to 3-3), WCupOfH16 Rus-NA Stars hard 4-3 (after easy 4-1 went to abysmal 3rd when we easily could lose)

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
my roster, assuming Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Kulemin, A.Markov, Radulov won't play - end of career/injuries/personal reasons, etc and everybody else are free to go

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kucherov
Gusev - Malkin - Kaprizov
Panarin - Anisimov - Tarasenko
Telegin - Andronov - S.Kalinin
Dadonov, Namestnikov, V.Tkachyov, M.Grigorenko

Orlov-Zaytsev
Gavrikov-Voinov
Zadorov-Provorov
Emelin-Sergachev
Nesterov, A.Mironov, Tryamkin

Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky,Varlamov

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
my roster, assuming Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Kulemin, A.Markov, Radulov won't play - end of career/injuries/personal reasons, etc and everybody else are free to go

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kucherov
Gusev - Malkin - Kaprizov
Panarin - Anisimov - Tarasenko
Telegin - Andronov - S.Kalinin
Dadonov, Namestnikov, V.Tkachyov, M.Grigorenko

Orlov-Zaytsev
Gavrikov-Voinov
Zadorov-Provorov
Emelin-Sergachev
Nesterov, A.Mironov, Tryamkin

Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky,Varlamov
The great assumption on your part is obviously that it is about the Olympics or something.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
The great assumption on your part is obviously that it is about the Olympics or something.

An even bigger assumption is that Washington, Pittsburg and Tampa Bay will all be eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round. That is what I call optimism!

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Tarasenko needs surgery it sounds like.

So often, this just means that the player wants to sit this one out and take a rest. Unless he has a broken bone, theoretically a week or two of rest might restore nearly 100% effectiveness.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So often, this just means that the player wants to sit this one out and take a rest. Unless he has a broken bone, theoretically a week or two of rest might restore nearly 100% effectiveness.
He's had a surgery already. Make yourself a cool drink. Relax. Sometimes it is just a serious injury that'd better be treated.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Now that Ilya Vorobiev is the coach, maybe Radulov will actually change his mind?

Yes, yes, and yes... this is what I'm also hoping for! :thumbu: He's such a great competitor. I hope people in the knowing approach him again, with still plenty of time left until the first match.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Soshnikov, Barbashev, Slepyshev, Dadonov, Buchnevich - in the list of players of the national team to the training camp for the World Championship.
Called and Datsyuk, Gusev, Kablukov, Barabanov, Plotnikov, Tikhonov, Belov, Gavrikov, Khafizulin, Zub.
While there is no Kovalchuk.
Radulov and Namestnikov are called, but they will be decided on after the medical examination.

Штаб национальной команды вызвал на сбор 17 игроков

Last edited:
Reactions: Retroglyphs

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
great news for russia, great news fot hole tournament !
Radulov = quarrels with coaches (Mikhalev, Bragin, Znarok etc etc) and teammates, stupid penalties, wrangling with officials, sabotage team play when not receiving bonuses (Salavat Yulaev's fans know), unsportsmanlike psychotic behaviour (including injuries to servicemen and penalty box referees) and performance, that depends on bad or good mood (which is totally unpredictable)

Such a great news :sarcasm:

RW: Kaprizov, Dadonov, and may be Zaripov (with Mozyakin) like in Vorobiev's MMG.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Radulov = quarrels with coaches (Mikhalev, Bragin, Znarok etc etc) and teammates, stupid penalties, wrangling with officials, sabotage team play when not receiving bonuses (Salavat Yulaev's fans know), unsportsmanlike psychotic behaviour (including injuries to servicemen and penalty box referees) and performance, that depends on bad or good mood (which is totally unpredictable)

RW: Kaprizov, Dadonov, and may be Zaripov (with Mozyakin) like in Vorobiev's MMG.
i have seen a lot of dallas games this season and yes, he is impulsive, but also great player who can score, can pass , can everithing .. i like his play, he is type of player who makes games interesting.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Nah, Buchnevich will play on the right, Zaripov and Mozyakin, I doubt, they will be invited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad