WC: WC 2018 - Team Russia

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Ogurtsov, Yelesin, Mineyev, Demidov, Kagarlitskiy, Dergachyov, Slepyshev are cut

Move Dergachyov to defense. He has some skill and talent, and he is really big and strong. They could use some muscle in front of the goal. Try something - anything!!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
According to Panarin, he got a knee injury in the 5th game vs Capitals and could play only on painkillers. Still, he wasn't 100%. So if it's true, then no Panarin as well.
Read carefully. He also said that it was minor and that he felt good in game 6.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Panarin will not play at the World Championship because of a knee injury.

Looks like a train wreck building for Russia. Guys like Panarin are the property of their NHL team, and they are expected to play with a bad knee by their owners. I would like to see a national team built on guys from the KHL, much like the Olympic team, that practices together throughout the year on league breaks. Give them extra financial incentive to make it worth their commitment. All kinds of things that could be done. Ironically, Canadians like McDavid are suddenly flocking to the Worlds while Russians are politely saying no thanks. A reversal of roles, eh?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Looks like a train wreck building for Russia. Guys like Panarin are the property of their NHL team, and they are expected to play with a bad knee by their owners. I would like to see a national team built on guys from the KHL, much like the Olympic team, that practices together throughout the year on league breaks. Give them extra financial incentive to make it worth their commitment. All kinds of things that could be done. Ironically, Canadians like McDavid are suddenly flocking to the Worlds while Russians are politely saying no thanks. A reversal of roles, eh?
What reversal of roles? Injuries are injuries. It just so happens that we won't have a team this year due to injuries.

As for the big picture. That is why we don't need one Russian in the NHL. They are getting injured in a totally meani gless tournament from the russian POV.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
What reversal of roles? Injuries are injuries. It just so happens that we won't have a team this year due to injuries.

As for the big picture. That is why we don't need one Russian in the NHL. They are getting injured in a totally meani gless tournament from the russian POV.

My point is that if they have to choose between their native country and those who own their body, they will play with pain for their NHL team and sit out the World Championships. Panarin would have at least 10 days of rest before the WC starts, and that could make a lot of the soreness go away. If he in fact needs surgery, then why do his owners push him to play when it could damage his long-term career?

It is time to consider forming a national team around the KHL, and building a domestic hockey program to win championships. Russia is the only country in Europe which has a domestic league that could be used to feed an ongoing national team. Of course it won't happen, but I would love to see it. Because of the absence of top-level NHL players, it looks like it will largely be a KHL team as things stand.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Official FHR Twitter reported that the goalkeeper of "Columbus" Sergei Bobrovsky and the defender of "Colorado" Nikita Zadorov will not help the Russian team at the World Championships in Denmark. Both players will miss the tournament because of injuries.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nothing to see here. See you in 2019. Bad luck for Vorobiyov.

I am genuinely not interested in the tournament now. All I wanted to see was our young defencemen playing for the NT.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Official FHR Twitter reported that the goalkeeper of "Columbus" Sergei Bobrovsky and the defender of "Colorado" Nikita Zadorov will not help the Russian team at the World Championships in Denmark. Both players will miss the tournament because of injuries.

The loss of Bobrovsky will hurt, but Zadorov, not so much. He is very much unproven. Potential, maybe, but no accomplishments. The bright side? Not that bright, but this will provide an opportunity to evaluate how well Vorobyov performs in the absence of real talent. With Znarok, this lineup would have merited a 5th or 6th place finish.

Reactions: jaro

Blue prez

May 9, 2017
My point is that if they have to choose between their native country and those who own their body, they will play with pain for their NHL team and sit out the World Championships. Panarin would have at least 10 days of rest before the WC starts, and that could make a lot of the soreness go away. If he in fact needs surgery, then why do his owners push him to play when it could damage his long-term career?

It is time to consider forming a national team around the KHL, and building a domestic hockey program to win championships. Russia is the only country in Europe which has a domestic league that could be used to feed an ongoing national team. Of course it won't happen, but I would love to see it. Because of the absence of top-level NHL players, it looks like it will largely be a KHL team as things stand.
Gazprom and other are doing this. That's why we won Olympics this year, because corporations had invested money in top players contracts, so they stayed in KHL, so we had the best roster among all contenders.
Yes, they could invest some more, if oil prices get higher.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
today lines

Vasily Koshechkin (Igor Shesterkin);
1 line: Dinar Khafizullin, Anton Belov - Alexey Kruchinin, Alexey Byvaltsev, Evgeny Dadonov;
2 line: Alexei Bereglazov, Yegor Yakovlev - Stanislav Galiev, Vladimir Tkachyov, Pavel Buchnevich;
3 line: Nikita Nesterov, Alexey Marchenko - Mikhail Grigorenko, Maxim Shalunov, Nikita Soshnikov;
4 line: Vladislav Gavrikov, Albert Yarullin - Alexander Barabanov, Ilya Kablukov, Maxim Mamin.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
today lines

Vasily Koshechkin (Igor Shesterkin);
1 line: Dinar Khafizullin, Anton Belov - Alexey Kruchinin, Alexey Byvaltsev, Evgeny Dadonov;
2 line: Alexei Bereglazov, Yegor Yakovlev - Stanislav Galiev, Vladimir Tkachyov, Pavel Buchnevich;
3 line: Nikita Nesterov, Alexey Marchenko - Mikhail Grigorenko, Maxim Shalunov, Nikita Soshnikov;
4 line: Vladislav Gavrikov, Albert Yarullin - Alexander Barabanov, Ilya Kablukov, Maxim Mamin.

Is Belov going to play most of the PP minutes in Worlds? Or who is going to be the QB? Nesterov?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I like Soshnikov’s blue collar approach, but he just doesn’t fit at NT.

The only reason he is there is because he has NHL experience.

While I agree that NHL is the best league in the world, that doesn’t mean that every NHLer is ultra skilled.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The loss of Bobrovsky will hurt, but Zadorov, not so much. He is very much unproven. Potential, maybe, but no accomplishments. The bright side? Not that bright, but this will provide an opportunity to evaluate how well Vorobyov performs in the absence of real talent. With Znarok, this lineup would have merited a 5th or 6th place finish.
Well, another honesty coming your way. Your view of Zadorov is downright ridiculous. He is among the best shutdown d-men already in the NHL. Potential? Unproven? Guy was basically playing 1D during Johnsson's injury and they pulled off a miracle run for a playoff spot. He lead the league in hits. What does he need to do to appeal to you?

Reactions: cgf

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Nikita Zaitsev just said in the exit interviews that he's going to WC to play for the motherland. He had a big smirk on his face and said "someone has to do it, they have nobody", or something along those lines. Very funny stuff.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nikita Zaitsev just said in the exit interviews that he's going to WC to play for the motherland. He had a big smirk on his face and said "someone has to do it, they have nobody", or something along those lines. Very funny stuff.
He is right. This year we have nearly nodody left due to injuries. It will be a complete underdog team.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Judging by the horrible performance of Team Russia in the last 5 games (including today's probable loss to Sweden), i.e. 5 losses in 5 games, I think the quarterfinals are unfortunately the cap for the Russian Team in the WC 2018. With Znarok having left, his replacement, Vorobyov, is so far showing himself to be incompetent. The Russian hockey officials in the RIHF have managed to bring down Russian hockey pretty badly in the last few years. How can we expect changes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad