OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIII: All I Wanted was a Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I mean, dueling synths? Fred Armisen randomly popping up halfway through to play tambourine? Carrie rocking what has to be an absurdly expensive dress? And that poor, poor drummer looking hella awkward behind the kit with the impossible task of filling Janet's shoes. It sure is a hell of a long way from this, for better and worse, I guess:

I guarantee you that, somehow, Fred Armisen is the worst thing that ever happened to that band, more even than losing a legendary drummer.

Reactions: mja and wankstifier

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

The lip syncing could be better here and I don’t know why Björk and Rosalía are fighting each other like they’re in Virtua Fighter but if she’s really jumping around like that at age 58, that’s cool as hell.

Reactions: mja

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The lip syncing could be better here and I don’t know why Björk and Rosalía are fighting each other like they’re in Virtua Fighter but if she’s really jumping around like that at age 58, that’s cool as hell.

Its deep fake technology. Still a cool video though.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Saiki, solo with her playing piano. Kanami, the lead guitarist, who happens to be a world class classical pianist herself, taught Saiki to play piano. Kanami said, you gotta carry more weight in the band. Must be a Japanese thing. The concert was 3 1/2 hours long at the Yokahama Arena, ~17,000.
Around 1,000 from the States came over. Funny, the transition chords reminds me of Jethro Tull's Locomotive Breath......

And the rock version at the same concert.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Similarly, per our earlier discussion, Sleater-Kinney's new single is a perfectly fine song. Catchy, some nice guitar work, Corin singing emotively, if restrained. I'm just not sure it's really Sleater-Kinney.

I mean, dueling synths? Fred Armisen randomly popping up halfway through to play tambourine? Carrie rocking what has to be an absurdly expensive dress? And that poor, poor drummer looking hella awkward behind the kit with the impossible task of filling Janet's shoes. It sure is a hell of a long way from this, for better and worse, I guess:

No Cities To Love was their last official album as far as I'm concerned. Not just because the music degraded, but because they did Janet dirty.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Band Maid in Hong Kong, 3 days ago with Kanami .....man.....she goes off on the deep end.......and I always thought conformity was the Japanese way of life.

Listin' to some Eddie Cochran.1959

A new garage band song I found1968

Dream Syndicate, `1990

Why not a MTV fav Toni Basil, graduated head cheerleader from Las Vegas High in'61. In the video that is her original outfit from High School. She was 40 when she did the video. She just turned 80
She produced alot of the early TV videos.

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gertbfrobe16

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Band Maid in Hong Kong, 3 days ago with Kanami .....man.....she goes off on the deep end.......and I always thought conformity was the Japanese way of life.

Listin' to some Eddie Cochran.1959

A new garage band song I found1968

Dream Syndicate, `1990

Why not a MTV fav Toni Basil, graduated head cheerleader from Las Vegas High in'61. In the video that is her original outfit from High School. She was 40 when she did the video. She just turned 80
She produced alot of the early TV videos.

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!!!

Happy Holidays to all. Mickey in the spanish version is awesome.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vinyl Grail acquired! The wife did good.
20231225_103326.jpg
20231225_103339.jpg
20231225_103535.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad