OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIII: All I Wanted was a Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
27th. All time. Someone should lose a hand over voting for that f***ing thing.

A tunelesss poison pen letter to DAVID FREAKING COULIER broke the top 30 songs by a female artist. At least You're So Vain was about Warren Beatty. DAVID FREAKING COULIER!

Everyone who voted for that damned thing or has ever intentionally listened to it should feel ashamed of themselves.

So, my summation:

It does indeed appear that we paved paradise and put up a big stupid parking lot full of inexplicably adored Joni Mitchell songs.

I'm floored PJ Harvey didn't chart much much higher on this list. If they ever do this shit again, I'm spamming the same 10 PJ songs on as many ballots as I can fill out. Here, I'm going to conclude this with the last track from Rid of Me, one of the seminal albums of my youth. It's a deep cut that receives absolutely no radio play whatsoever despite kicking massive amounts of ass. Enjoy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The two fiercest battles on Twitter were all the Joni songs and Tay getting in the top 40.

The Joni talk was far less polarizing

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I wasn't following along super closely, but I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of Florence + The Machine songs. She's done some great stuff....Lungs is one of my favorite albums.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wow I put on XPN and guess what song immediately comes on?

Guess what comes on next

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
IMG_6872.jpeg

I guess we’re in countdown withdrawal

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Today would have been my sister's 35th birthday, but she passed away from an overdose in January 2019. It's not an easy day for me and my family, and this song represents (most AIC songs do) my relationship with her over the last ~10 years of her life before she passed away. I miss the hell out of her. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or looking for attention, I just need to get it off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad