Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ok @Captain Dave Poulin hear me out...

We could do a "Wheel of Music"

I quickly created a wheel that can be embeded (which could be modified) with different slices on there. We take turns spinning the wheel and then share a song/video based on whatever category we get. We would first have to find out who wants to participate and create an order. Maybe we could even wait until January to start to work on the kinks. After you drop your song, you tag the next person on the list (similar to the Quackverse). The fun part is the Wheel forcing you to think about and share music that you might not normally have on the brain.

Is this incredibly stupid or am I on to something?

Edit: How the hell do I embed on this site? I have the code for the wheel

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I quickly created a wheel that can be embeded (which could be modified) with different slices on there. We take turns spinning the wheel and then share a song/video based on whatever category we get. We would first have to find out who wants to participate and create an order. Maybe we could even wait until January to start to work on the kinks. After you drop your song, you tag the next person on the list (similar to the Quackverse). The fun part is the Wheel forcing you to think about and share music that you might not normally have on the brain.

I can't really picture it, but it sounds cool - it's worth a try.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 4.31.47 PM.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Today would have been my sister's 35th birthday, but she passed away from an overdose in January 2019. It's not an easy day for me and my family, and this song represents (most AIC songs do) my relationship with her over the last ~10 years of her life before she passed away. I miss the hell out of her. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or looking for attention, I just need to get it off my chest.

This is close to a perfect album for such a subject.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I believe they're mostly JavaScript, which means no. Nor would it be a good idea to ever enable such a thing.

You are a murderer of dreams.

I was just thinking about the Best Songs by Women List again and realized that neither Selena nor Gloria Estefan made the list. Once again highlights the lack of diversity. Good thing there were 30 Joni f***ing Mitchell songs though.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Her last album was a bit of a mess, as close to a misfire as she's had. I haven't really gotten into the new one yet. I've given it a couple spins and I'm digging the overall mellowed vibe, but it sure does feel like she's never going to really unleash again. It makes sense, she's 54 after all and has always strived to not repeat herself. Now that I've said that, her next album will either be some noise punk affair or a bunch of jazz standards.

Similarly, per our earlier discussion, Sleater-Kinney's new single is a perfectly fine song. Catchy, some nice guitar work, Corin singing emotively, if restrained. I'm just not sure it's really Sleater-Kinney.

I mean, dueling synths? Fred Armisen randomly popping up halfway through to play tambourine? Carrie rocking what has to be an absurdly expensive dress? And that poor, poor drummer looking hella awkward behind the kit with the impossible task of filling Janet's shoes. It sure is a hell of a long way from this, for better and worse, I guess:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Her last album was a bit of a mess, as close to a misfire as she's had. I haven't really gotten into the new one yet. I've given it a couple spins and I'm digging the overall mellowed vibe, but it sure does feel like she's never going to really unleash again. It makes sense, she's 54 after all and has always strived to not repeat herself. Now that I've said that, her next album will either be some noise punk affair or a bunch of jazz standards.

Similarly, per our earlier discussion, Sleater-Kinney's new single is a perfectly fine song. Catchy, some nice guitar work, Corin singing emotively, if restrained. I'm just not sure it's really Sleater-Kinney.

I mean, dueling synths? Fred Armisen randomly popping up halfway through to play tambourine? Carrie rocking what has to be an absurdly expensive dress? And that poor, poor drummer looking hella awkward behind the kit with the impossible task of filling Janet's shoes. It sure is a hell of a long way from this, for better and worse, I guess:

Sort of reminds me of Nine Inch Nails later on, when people asked by it didn’t sound as dark and edgy, and Trent said he wasn’t miserable anymore so he had to do something else.

Reactions: mja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad