OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIII: All I Wanted was a Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Never really noticed this track when the album came out, but revisited it the other month and have became obsessed with it... always love an album that you listen to again and again over the years and get something new from.

Also, still can't figure out if it is actually Julian Casablancas on the track... he was the producer and it sounds exactly like him. But they say it was not, but maybe some f***ery going on.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Logged in to post the above. Saw them before I knew any of their songs, and was completely hooked after that show.

That said, he didn't sing my favorite of their's.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had heard this maybe once a long time ago and now that I found it again, I couldn’t love it more.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Capt'n: I did spend alot of time listening to BabyMetal and Lovebites. Both are metal bands for sure and BabyMetal does have the threesome dancing and singing in perfect sync. However for me no connection for either. Sure they can thrash and shred. But I have heard some of the same chord progressions and drum licks from death metal or grindcore bands in the past. Just the dancing is new and choreographed to the hilt. For Band-Maid, Kanami writes the main line via her highly interesting chord processions , Misa writes her own bass lines, Akane writes her own drum lines to sync with the bass and lead. [ her attack on the high hat is something to behold!], and Saiki and Miku write the interesting lyrics.

Below is Kanami and Saiki playing their songs on piano; one with one song playing 3 handed.......

Here is the rock version of Yolo, the first piano song......

I haven't figured out whether Band-Maid is Power Pop, Hard Rock, Metal, maybe all three. Maybe that is the fun part of this band.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Capt'n: I did spend alot of time listening to BabyMetal and Lovebites. Both are metal bands for sure and BabyMetal does have the threesome dancing and singing in perfect sync. However for me no connection for either. Sure they can thrash and shred. But I have heard some of the same chord progressions and drum licks from death metal or grindcore bands in the past. Just the dancing is new and choreographed to the hilt. For Band-Maid, Kanami writes the main line via her highly interesting chord processions , Misa writes her own bass lines, Akane writes her own drum lines to sync with the bass and lead. [ her attack on the high hat is something to behold!], and Saiki and Miku write the interesting lyrics.

Below is Kanami and Saiki playing their songs on piano; one with one song playing 3 handed.......

Here is the rock version of Yolo, the first piano song......

I haven't figured out whether Band-Maid is Power Pop, Hard Rock, Metal, maybe all three. Maybe that is the fun part of this band.

Mac, you don't have to convince me - they rule. They couldn't rule any more if they tried. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: macleish1974

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad