But (%^&&#@&*@!)*&%

Yep. That was the anti-coelacanth.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Jets don’t seem to have much interest in finishing first. Performances like this are why I’m not gonna cut the team much slack if they lose in the first round because “oh we got matched up against Dallas or Colorado and that’s too hard for the first round.”

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
When I compared the Jets' schedule with my own today, I knew I'd have to skip the game if I was to get everything done and still have time to prep for tonight. I was sad because I wanted to enjoy their bounce back game and watch them take out all their frustrations against the Islets. Turns out I made the right choice after all, even for the wrong reasons.

On a more empathetic note, any update of the coach's condition? After getting Kate's news, you start to wonder at prolonged silence.
I am guessing he had some roto-rooter work done.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah the season is too damn long now. Cut it back to 70 games and pro-rate the salaries back and the fans would love it. Players would probably go for it to since the shorter season would lengthen their careers.
Only a small percentage of players would have longer careers. Shorter seasons doesn’t stop Father Time nor does it keep new younger players from entering the league. There would still only be X number of jobs except now they would pay less.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Jets don’t seem to have much interest in finishing first. Performances like this are why I’m not gonna cut the team much slack if they lose in the first round because “oh we got matched up against Dallas or Colorado and that’s too hard for the first round.”

Yup, they control their own destiny. Efforts like today seem to indicate they have no issue giving away home ice advantage or any other advantage.

Reactions: GNP and snowkiddin

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was wondering if some of the reason we're not seeing much urgency form them is because they're kinda just locked into a top 3 spot in the division and they realize the playoffs are going to be a battle from start to finish

That's not a great attitude when coming up against teams like the preds and isles who aren playing for their playoff lives

The bright spot is it looked like they flipped the switch thr other night vs the NYR when they had a game to get up for

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Jets have put it in cruise control, and maybe that's not such a bad idea. Why burn yourself out, going all out, when you have a playoff spot wrapped up ? They will be fine, and they won't be worn out come playoff time, and whoever they face will be tough. I wouldn't worry to much about today's loss, and if they win their next game, they'll be over 500 on this roadtrip, and have beaten the Rangers while doing it. They just can't form a habit playing like this tho, or it will carry forward into the playoffs.

Reactions: Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Jets have put it in cruise control, and maybe that's not such a bad idea. Why burn yourself out, going all out, when you have a playoff spot wrapped up ? They will be fine, and they won't be worn out come playoff time, and whoever they face will be tough. I wouldn't worry to much about today's loss, and if they win their next game, they'll be over 500 on this roadtrip, and have beaten the Rangers while doing it. They just can't form a habit playing like this tho, or it will carry forward into the playoffs.

It's not always easy to flip the switch back on though. Every time we've stumbled into the playoffs we've done poorly.

I'd much rather they enter firing on full cylinders. But still 12 games left to ratchet back up.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
There are very few Jets games that I didn’t finish after I had started watching…. This was one of them.

I switched from the Jets game to watch Bos and Phil… nice to see a decent effort by two teams.

It's not always easy to flip the switch back on though. Every time we've stumbled into the playoffs we've done poorly.

I'd much rather they enter firing on full cylinders. But still 12 games left to ratchet back up.
That’s because there is no switch and never will be a switch at least for this franchise. If they stumble into the playoffs , they will quickly stumble out of the playoffs.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If they are gonna be NO SHOWS might as well sit the 1st and 2 nd line guys and Dilly and Morrissey!

Preds and Blues can still catch the Jets if that's what they're trying for...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Preds getting closer
just gotta win a couple to get the separation back they are bound to lose eventually, we currently have the tie breaker so win tomorrow we would basically be 8 up with 11 games remaining each

Last edited:
Reactions: bustamente

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Sean Reynolds was talking about this a month+ ago and these late season "malaises". Said the same thing, but specifically that this team has had huge issues flipping that switch when they needed to. Even Bowness spoke earlier about how you can't play as hard as he wanted them to all year.

There better be one big flip lined up because they're losing all consistency and their bad games are resembling some of the Vegas games last year, absolute no shows.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Likely gonna make some enemies here:

- My favourite...27 was God awful
- #4 was awful...again
- 17 was awful...fight (or something) if you can't make a difference playing the game
- Sorry, but going nowhere with 37 playing the way he is, regardless of him not being the reason we lost.
- 23 and 73 likely don't want to be here next year... I am not sad about that.
- 44 seemed to be favouring his shoulder, if he is out, we are gone 4 straight, regardless
of who we play.

On the bright side:
- 91 scored a goal
- Bruce is back! aka The Boss F YEH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad