Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
First place jinx ...
Florida lost 3 in arow to lose 1st place
Boston lost 2 in arow will lose 1st if Panthers tie or win tonight
Jets lost 2 in arow lose 1st place
Just kidding about the jinx I'm pointing out the Jets aren't the only team to lose 2 games in arow ... trying to still positive but its getting harder these days.
giphy.gif

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Real awful effort. Top line was beyond awful. They should be motivated tomorrow.

Was happy with the play of the fourth line. It was the only thing that was good about today's game. Happy Cole's goaless drought is over, thought he played well.
Yup. Especially when you take into account that the Isles 4th line is VERY good and certainly amongst the best in the League. Don`t really understand a coaching decision to "get Perfetti going" by starting him in such a situation - same as I never understood decisions to start Heinola against the most aggressive, physical forechecking teams and benching him against other less aggressive teams. Seems counter-intuitive to me -but maybe....?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Glad I had work to district me from this lost (the Jets made me content at work instead of watching? WTF?)

Last edited:
Reactions: SSCBLUEJET

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Man, I get so annoyed when people on the Jets Facebook page say nothing else about a game like this except "can't win them all".

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Meanwhile at the Moose game, shots are 35 to 8 for the Moose, score is 2-2.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yup. Especially when you take into account that the Isles 4th line is VERY good and certainly amongst the best in the League. Don`t really understand a coaching decision to "get Perfetti going" by starting him in such a situation - same as I never understood decisions to start Heinola against the most aggressive, physical forechecking teams and benching him against other less aggressive teams. Seems counter-intuitive to me -but maybe....?

Bones seems to do things a bit differently then some other coaches with young players. Maybe he thinks having to fight it out physically in the trenches gets one going. No idea, but he's played two really solid gamed his last three. I don't mind keeping him out of the top 6 today with how putridly awful they looked.

Reactions: robertocarlos

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Another good game to miss, but listened to parts of it with screaming Edmonds!

Sounds like Dionky was superb!:sarcasm:

Apples still minus the AHL prefix

Little Perfetan with a pity goal!:thumbu:

Once again, NO PUSHBACK!

Helly dressed:sarcasm:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
When I compared the Jets' schedule with my own today, I knew I'd have to skip the game if I was to get everything done and still have time to prep for tonight. I was sad because I wanted to enjoy their bounce back game and watch them take out all their frustrations against the Islets. Turns out I made the right choice after all, even for the wrong reasons.

On a more empathetic note, any update of the coach's condition? After getting Kate's news, you start to wonder at prolonged silence.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
First place jinx ...
Florida lost 3 in arow to lose 1st place
Boston lost 2 in arow will lose 1st if Panthers tie or win tonight
Jets lost 2 in arow lose 1st place
Just kidding about the jinx I'm pointing out the Jets aren't the only team to lose 2 games in arow ... trying to still be positive but its getting harder these days.
It more the fashion they have lost them in. Complete no shows vs Vancouver, Nashville, NJ and the Islanders. It’s not like these have been barnburners and were 1/2 goal games. They literally never bothered to show up. And thats the concerning part. I think most of us could handle a close, hard fought loss, but these have been far from that. Context matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad