Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals name Spencer Carbery as new Head Coach

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I haven't been this excited about a new coach since they announced Adam Oates!
BfRSlruCUAAlvyW

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Oates did pretty much fix the PP and we havent changed it much in the 10 or so years since him. Him being super focused on changing posistions from their stick handness was his down fall.

Jun 15, 2007
Adam Oates invented the pp that every team uses right now right?

And his obsession with handedness is pretty common now too.

He was a smart guy with lots of ideas but that doesn't make him a good head coach. He could be the best assistant coach in the world probably though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ok....I've never seen a single Adam Sandler movie in my life (which I've prided myself on) but the actors perfect deadpan delivery might, and I emphasize might, make me break that rule? 😆
Adam Sandler has some absolutely atrocious films but he’s got many gems too. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Anger Management, The Wedding Singer, and The Waterboy are classics and required viewing, in my opinion. Airheads, Click, and 8 Crazy Nights are great too. And the Hotel Transylvania movies are a lot of fun with the kids as well.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I didn't know Carbery was so bald.

We have good success with completely bald coaches like Boudreau and Trotz. It's the balding ones like Reirden and Lavi that suck. Very good call.
Being that I personally fall into the "..so bald" category this is a type of analysis here that keeps me coming back.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Bro wasted zero time
1 day later
Good riddance. His mouth guard chewing game just hasn’t progressed to Tkachuck levels. What a tragic disappointment.

If nothing else, that cap space could be used to bring back Orlov. Though they probably will want to allocate that money to a forward.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
COVID time. Not a normal 3 years
And he was injured for a good chunk of one of those years. And invisible most of last year. So basically we’ve only really seen about 1 year of hockey from him in a Caps jersey, all told, and much of it was rather forgettable…

Reactions: Calicaps

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
this. i like the potential but let's be honest he hasn't coached a NHL game before. The whole Reirden saga makes me wary of coaches with no Experience.

Then again I thought Lavi would do fine here based on his track record of getting teams to the finals early

One big difference would seem to be that unlike Reirden the bulk of his experience has been as a head coach in minor league hockey - where a coach had a lot more responsibility.

This is the route taken by coaches like Trotz, Tortorella, and Cassidy and has proven successful.

Although you never can tell how things will work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00