Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals name Spencer Carbery as new Head Coach

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I see the success of Brind’Amour and I thought it was a plus Carbery has veins all over his head, I mean when those guys yell you’ve got to pay attention

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Carberry wants to bring back Forsythe? WTF?

New Capitals Coach wants Forsythe Back

Didn't fall for it but I wholeheartedly approve of the effort.

/golf clap

As for the hire it's kind of the "duh" move, isn't it? This is what's "supposed" to happen. Whether or not it works out is TBD.

Regarding Kuzy, Carbery will come into this having heard things about Caps players from outside the organization. He'll know the negative and positive shit people are saying and what Kuzy's value is.

That will probably determine Kuzy's fate.

Reactions: Calicaps

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I think Carbery will put guys in the best position to succeed, in regards to their skillsets. Hopefully he let's Kuzy cook, can get Mantha inspired, and let the youngsters loose. I don't think he is going to come in here and try to make players someone they're not i.e. Hunter, Oates. Again, I know GMBM has had his errors, but he always seems to have his finger on the pulse of the needs of this team, and this is a no-brainer hire at this point. They got it done, and now the roster tweaking will begin soon.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Feels like good news! Things needed to change and I welcome whatever that is....with the luxury of having no expectations :)

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
It obviously wasn't planned this way (or was it?) but I think the best thing about Carberry's career path was going away to Toronto for a few seasons. The obvious next step after his time in Hershey would be up to the Caps most likely as an assistant at that time, then to head coach after a few years.

Thing is the Caps already tried that with Reirden with the assistant to head coach transition and it failed, like almost every time a team tries this.

Excited for the team!

Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20230601_150148167.jpg

PXL_20230601_150342074.jpg

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
He seems a little awkward talking to the media, but when he talks the game he feels pretty good.

I like his definition of pace, seems to be an organizational thing, but I'm curious how that plays with a guy like Ovechkin. How do they foresee him playing with "pace" now a days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad