Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals name Spencer Carbery as new Head Coach

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
He was definitely my first or second option. Hard to say whether it'll work out, but given the information we do have about him and the available retreads it's hard to make the case that anyone else would be a better option.

You have to figure this means McMichael and Protas will be getting every opportunity to solidify their spots on the roster next year along with Alexeyev. I also suspect they will be completely revamping their power play which has been in need of a makeover for a few years.

Good job by MacLellan getting his guy well in advance of the draft and free agency. Time to get working on reshaping the roster for next year. I'm excited!

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Welcome, that nice to see someone who knows the organisation to get a chance.
I hope he gets the the players behind him. Wont be easy but give him time.

Definantly more appreciated than some random Headcoach of the market.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Figured he was the only real option as soon as Lavi was let go. I will say I am a tempered excitement, as he's still an unknown, but will be nice to have someone young and an actual hot commodity at Coach.

Let's hope he can modernize the team. Also telling he's here for one year past Ovi's current deal.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I don’t really know much about his style or system. But I like this way more than hiring someone like Laviolette who just goes from team to team every couple of seasons.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
from the espn article
IMG_4142.jpeg

Sep 19, 2008
Figured he was the only real option as soon as Lavi was let go. I will say I am a tempered excitement, as he's still an unknown, but will be nice to have someone young and an actual hot commodity at Coach.

Let's hope he can modernize the team. Also telling he's here for one year past Ovi's current deal.

this. i like the potential but let's be honest he hasn't coached a NHL game before. The whole Reirden saga makes me wary of coaches with no Experience.

Then again I thought Lavi would do fine here based on his track record of getting teams to the finals early

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
this. i like the potential but let's be honest he hasn't coached a NHL game before. The whole Reirden saga makes me wary of coaches with no Experience.

Then again I thought Lavi would do fine here based on his track record of getting teams to the finals early
It’s just the nature of coaches in the NHL.

There’s one winner and 31 losers.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I want him to be good. And I want him to be successful with us. But first time NHL head coach has never worked with this group so we shall see.

Reactions: Firsov99

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I want him to be good. And I want him to be successful with us. But first time NHL head coach has never worked with this group so we shall see.

I mean Bruce Boudreau had a pretty good run. Dale Hunter didn't suck either. Sure, Oates and Reirden sucked and Cassidy was here too soon but he's a solid coach now. I don't think history in this case determines the future. Its about the guy himself.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
What our the expectations for him having a good 1st season?
Playoffs or bust?
Seeing a younger faster team with Hershey players taking a step?
Having the team look the same as this year?
Just getting Ovie goals?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad