Injury Report: Vlasic

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I'm more than happy to hear that Vlasic will be back for game 1. Unfortunately its been kinda obvious that he is absent, Jones suffering the most from his absence though. Our like our defense but I'm a bit concerned.

Also, this thread I created:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2060187&page=2

Yeah, that just ain't right.

If you think Vlasic is a superior player to OEL, you haven't been following players long enough.

The problem is that OEL's flaws generally correlate with goals on the scoreboard. Vlasic's flaws have generally correlated with goals not on the scoreboard.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Did we ever find out what exactly was wrong with Pickles? I know he was wearing a leg brace a while back but what was the exact nature of his injury?

Sprained knee (pretty sure it was his MCL) and I'm not so sure he isn't still in a knee brace.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Did we ever find out what exactly was wrong with Pickles? I know he was wearing a leg brace a while back but what was the exact nature of his injury?

Sounded like an MCL sprain. Said it was the same injury as the one that kept him out of the World Championship last year.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So is 4+ weeks enough to recover from this? I really hope we are not rushing him back.

Depends on the severity of the sprain but it could definitely be enough time to get it strong enough for him to play.

I'm not saying he is but even if Vlasic is at like 80% there was no chance he wouldn't be in the lineup.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
I would say 4 weeks is optimal time with some expedited recovery treatments with the staff and rest. I'm sure he'll be feeling good during the games, but once the season is over I'm sure the pain will be felt a little bit more so.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think 4 weeks is considered the "full recovery" time for a grade 1 sprain and fairly expedited for a grade 2 sprain.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think 4 weeks is considered the "full recovery" time for a grade 1 sprain and fairly expedited for a grade 2 sprain.

I would say that would be fairly expedited for a grade 2, especially since this isn't the first injury to that ligament but ya, 4 weeks is generally a good full recovery time for a grade 1.

They didn't release how bad it was but if I had to guess I'd go with a grade 2.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I, for one, can't wait for the annual Dustin Brown questionable hit. Will it be a slewfoot on Vlasic? Will it be another knee-on-knee with Hertl? Perhaps a headbutt on Burns? So exciting.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I, for one, can't wait for the annual Dustin Brown questionable hit. Will it be a slewfoot on Vlasic? Will it be another knee-on-knee with Hertl? Perhaps a headbutt on Burns? So exciting.

He's upping his game, going headhunting Stoll style.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I love Vlasic, but he picks the worst ****ing time to get injured.

I don't really buy that he's near 100%...but we need him now more than ever.

Yeah, he chose to get injured. All that matters is whether or not he's capable of playing at a reasonably high level. As long as he's better than DeMelo, which would be difficult for him not to be, he should play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad