Rumor: Vinny Lecavalier bought out... UPD: signed in Philadelphia

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Can we get Philly in our division somehow? I want all the free points.

Holmgrem and Feaster should be restricted to trading with each other.

With all the NTC they would be forced to trade draft picks at each other.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
With all the NTC they would be forced to trade draft picks at each other.

In a 3-way deal, Sharks acquire a NTC in exchange for a 2nd, 3rd and conditional 5th in 2014.

GM Doug Wilson stated, "We really like this clause. We've had our eyes on it for a while now. You have to give to get in this league."

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Such a weird signing for Philly. I like Lecavalier as a player and I think a $4.5M cap hit is actually quite reasonable, but they don't need another forward, especially not another center. This could mean they're moving Couturier for a defenseman, I suppose.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Such a weird signing for Philly. I like Lecavalier as a player and I think a $4.5M cap hit is actually quite reasonable, but they don't need another forward, especially not another center. This could mean they're moving Couturier for a defenseman, I suppose.

Giroux for Schneider :sarcasm:

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Read would work/probability high from Philly, getting Voracek is a whole other beast..

Still think DW offersheets somebody:laugh:

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
I believe the flyers still have a buyout they can use on him next offseason lol

My take is that they couldn't see a good market for dmen this off season. It may be that they are stockpiling forwards to have some to trade for skilled dmen (and it probably won't work to their benefit). Philly's strategy of buying d and developing forwards is backfiring in a big way right now.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
My take is that they couldn't see a good market for dmen this off season. It may be that they are stockpiling forwards to have some to trade for skilled dmen (and it probably won't work to their benefit). Philly's strategy of buying d and developing forwards is backfiring in a big way right now.
Well they're shopping Cobourn so I dunno what they're doing ...

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Well they're shopping Cobourn so I dunno what they're doing ...

They don't know how to assess dmen unless they are first pairing (which means everyone's consensus). Same issue they have with drafting them. The last two dmen that they drafted that were more than last pairing or reserve were Seidenberg and Pitkanen.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

If my math is right, since '07 the Flyers signed contracts totaling 61 years and $374.5M with six players who won’t play for them this year.
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad