Rumor: Vinny Lecavalier bought out... UPD: signed in Philadelphia

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Of course you'd want him if the price is right. The price that's right for him is second line level depending on what's important to him with his next contract. The question would be how to utilize him since he is a center, they'd have to move Couture off to wing to make it work.

crunchyblack*

I figure a California team may be ideal for him since he's used to the Florida climate and moving from the Eastern Conference to the West away from the Lightening is a bonus for him that I don't think I need to explain.

I'm not sold on if I would want Cooter to go to the wing for this guy though, I want Juicy to develop his game at center so be can take over the 1C role at some point. Also, I'm sure Vinny is going to want term over dough and I don't know if locking him up for 3+ years is good for the Sharks right now.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think he's probably pretty attached to the area so I would assume he's looking for a one year contract somewhere. Good chance he wants something on the east coast that's close to home or montreal. Anyways, we can't get him and we'd have no place to put him either. Would definitely be cool though no question about it.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
We were able to get Larry Robinson here over MTL.

So, I don't believe any particular team has an edge over anyone else.

What a wet dream this is tho. If we land him, we basically have 3 first lines. There is no otyer team aside from ours that is capable of this on the cap crunch year.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
It would be a dream come true personally. One year deal. Cheap like Gomez. Allow Pavs to get traded or play wing. Have the first overall picks from '97 amd '98 on the same team. Make it happen DW.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
While the NHL stomped on the work-around that was trade, buy-out, and re-sign with original team, they could still do buy-out, sign, and trade to team that originally bought him out.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I saw a tweet suggesting that Vinny might sign somewhere for one year, then re-sign with Tampa next year.

EDIT: Actually, I know they closed the loop-hole that would have allowed you to trade a player to another team, have them buy him out, and then re-sign him, but what about buying him out, having another team sign him, and then re-acquiring him via trade? :dunno:

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
The only reason I would want it because I've heard Phil Esposito (many times on SiriusXM) go on record that he duped then Sharks GM (Deano) into making that trade that would insure that the Lightning got Vinny.

This was after the Sharks brilliant moved Koslov (right?) for Florida's 1st, which technically did end being #1 overall. Vinny should have been ours.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
I saw a tweet suggesting that Vinny might sign somewhere for one year, then re-sign with Tampa next year.

EDIT: Actually, I know they closed the loop-hole that would have allowed you to trade a player to another team, have them buy him out, and then re-sign him, but what about buying him out, having another team sign him, and then re-acquiring him via trade? :dunno:

I could see the league giving both teams the Devils treatment.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The only reason I would want it because I've heard Phil Esposito (many times on SiriusXM) go on record that he duped then Sharks GM (Deano) into making that trade that would insure that the Lightning got Vinny.

This was after the Sharks brilliant moved Koslov (right?) for Florida's 1st, which technically did end being #1 overall. Vinny should have been ours.

The Brian Marchment trade. The Sharks gave Tampa Bay the option of swapping first round picks. You are correct that the Sharks had the 1st from the Kozlov trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00