Rumor: Vinny Lecavalier bought out... UPD: signed in Philadelphia

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Too bad Havlat isn't eligible for a buyout or these rumors would be more exciting and legit. If we were able to free up Havlat's 5 mill, DW would definitely have more capspace to play with. But the Sharks don't have much capspace to do anything without sending back significant salary.

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
DW said there won't be a rebuild, but that's because he refers to it as a shakeup...or shakedown :sarcasm:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Theoretically speaking, if Pavelski is being traded for something, we will need a replacement 3C IMO. I wouldn't hate the idea of a sheltered Torres-Lecavalier-Hertl line.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Theoretically speaking, if Pavelski is being traded for something, we will need a replacement 3C IMO. I wouldn't hate the idea of a sheltered Torres-Lecavalier-Hertl line.

True but at what cost? Even 5 million is a lot for a 33 year old who's body is constantly breaking down. He's awful defensively and I imo I always thought Vinny couldnt really create a lot of offense on his own.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I could be totally off, cause I don't see him very often, but VL reminds me of someone who could be this era's Damphousse. Not that I think there's a super lotto chance of us getting him.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
We were able to get Larry Robinson here over MTL.

So, I don't believe any particular team has an edge over anyone else.

What a wet dream this is tho. If we land him, we basically have 3 first lines. There is no otyer team aside from ours that is capable of this on the cap crunch year.

Larry wanted to be close to his grand kids so Montreal would have been as far as he could possibly be from them. They live in California. Not even close to same situation

MechaMarleau

Vertebraeker
Apr 13, 2007
Menlo Park
I could be totally off, cause I don't see him very often, but VL reminds me of someone who could be this era's Damphousse. Not that I think there's a super lotto chance of us getting him.

If we could pay him secondary prices (where he could produce but isn't assumed to be an integral part of the top-6), it'd be interesting. But someone is going to pay him 2C prices, and that's basically all of our remaining cap space.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I just don't see us landing Lecavalier. I wouldn't be against it, but some team is going to offer him $5M+ per year on a 4-5 year deal and DW (rightfully) won't go there. Plus, we're already set at center. I suppose Vinny could play on the wing for us, but still... I just don't see it happening.

It's fun to imagine though...

Galiardi - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Lecavalier
Torres - Pavelski - Hertl

Insane top nine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad