Vince McMahon retires at 77

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bobby Kotick isn't Vince though is he. You are being naive. Absolutely nothing about this points to Vince leaving. It is probably better you just accept that now.
From a pure business point of view, I see no reason e.g. Comcast or any other buyer would agree to a purchase if Vince were to remain as CEO. Any new owner coming wants to install their person in charge. The least likely option is that someone with the negative media attention like Vince would remain. A huge buyout or retirement payoff or something seems more likely.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
From a pure business point of view, I see no reason e.g. Comcast or any other buyer would agree to a purchase if Vince were to remain as CEO.
Then he wouldn't sell to them? He is able to dictate those kind of terms lol and is supposedly willing to actively tank the company if people fight back on what he is doing. Again does literally anything about he is doing right now lead you to believe this is a person ready to step away? It doesn't have to be logical. It is Vince we are talking about.

Reactions: Voight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I would love to see Vince come in and just ruin everything that's been happening on a whim. Buries Zayn, gets rid of everyone's first name again, buries Gunther, etc. Just shits all over the product the way he was for two decades pre-"retirement" it would be hilarious.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I think after sitting on the sidelines he decided (or someone got in his ear) that WWE is his baby and he wants to see it through to the end by selling it. His kids weren't going to buy it from him, they were just waiting for him to die then maybe his shares are split between them, so this way his ego can say well done Vince you turned a $500,000 investment into a $7-10 billion company, you freaking genius.

Admittedly it's a great return on investment even if he only owns ~38% of the shares however you would be hard pressed to convince me otherwise that his return isn't ego driven because he thinks he can negotiate a better deal to maximize the value of the company.

And since it's Vince and we're in the early stages of WrestleMania season I could see him trying to make a TV appearance at some point if a deal isn't brokered beforehand. Maybe there is enough push back that he sticks to the Board of Directors position however once he's back at Titan Towers he's going to get that itch. He can't help himself.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
I think after sitting on the sidelines he decided (or someone got in his ear) that WWE is his baby and he wants to see it through to the end by selling it. His kids weren't going to buy it from him, they were just waiting for him to die then maybe his shares are split between them, so this way his ego can say well done Vince you turned a $500,000 investment into a $7-10 billion company, you freaking genius.

Admittedly it's a great return on investment even if he only owns ~38% of the shares however you would be hard pressed to convince me otherwise that his return isn't ego driven because he thinks he can negotiate a better deal to maximize the value of the company.

And since it's Vince and we're in the early stages of WrestleMania season I could see him trying to make a TV appearance at some point if a deal isn't brokered beforehand. Maybe there is enough push back that he sticks to the Board of Directors position however once he's back at Titan Towers he's going to get that itch. He can't help himself.
tv appearence = my channel being turned for the rest of the show lol. the old man needs to just gtfo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

From a business point of view, would it be best for the buyer to buy before or after Mania?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

This was report when the rumors of his return first started a month or two ago. Something along the lines of him saying his decision to step aside was due to some bad advice or some such.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I would love to see Vince come in and just ruin everything that's been happening on a whim. Buries Zayn, gets rid of everyone's first name again, buries Gunther, etc. Just shits all over the product the way he was for two decades pre-"retirement" it would be hilarious.
I was just going to start watching Raw regularly again now that MNF is over so I really hope this doesn't happen. I rip on HHH sometimes but I'd much rather see him stay in charge and continue to improve the product. Vince is pure trash.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
you guys are right, that’s an everywhere problem

WILD that he’s back. He better not be involved in creative, it’s so much better without him

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince is one of those dudes who doesn’t know how to do nothing, and if he does nothing, he thinks he will die.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I bet.

Sounds like a guy ready to walk into the cornfields. He might sell but he isn't walking away. You can't seriously think he is going to go through the trouble of a hostile takeover of the board and placing himself back as CEO....just to hand it back over right? Please tell me you don't actually think that. He will sell the company and just remain as the CEO of WWE and retain creative control, while someone like Comcast is the parent company.

He won't get the sale price he wants if he demands to be put in charge by the new owners.

If they sell, that's most likely the end of the McMahon family as a whole running WWE.

Look at every major media purchase or merger. The larger company always cleans house as they absorb it.

To me this is Vince flipping the game board over because he lost. So if he can't run WWE then no one else in his family will run and own it either.

That and he wants to cash out if he can't run shit

Reactions: DoyleG and Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He won't get the sale price he wants if he demands to be put in charge by the new owners.

If they sell, that's most likely the end of the McMahon family as a whole running WWE.

Look at every major media purchase or merger. The larger company always cleans house as they absorb it.

To me this is Vince flipping the game board over because he lost. So if he can't run WWE then no one else in his family will run and own it either.

That and he wants to cash out if he can't run shit
Plus, he bought WWF from his father. He ain’t gonna just ‘leave it’ for people.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This is pretty deflating as a fan.

Yes and no.

If he wants to come back and help drive the business side, and pursue tv rights negotiations, and maybe a sale....sure? It's his right, his company, and he's had tremendous success over the years in such negotiations. Doesn't affect me too much.

If he tries to return into creative? I'd agree 100%. Hopefully he doesn't do that...

Reactions: TNT87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad