Vince McMahon retires at 77

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
He just couldn't away eh lol. He was never gone
He's like a cockroach - drop a bomb on him and he'll survive. Even this didn't kill him:

vince-mcmahon-explosion.gif

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I still think Disney is ripe to scoop up WWE. Much like Marvel and Star Wars, the sheer amount of intellectual property, particularly from the 1980s and 1990s, that could continue to be monetized decades into the future, may be too hard to pass up for the right price. They have the distribution and infrastructure necessary to maximize that intellectual property.
Disney don't have the money for major acquisitions right now, what with the 4 billion they lost last fiscal year.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It’s remarkable how much a name means. No matter how bottom of the barrel the product has been for decades now, and how greasy of a creepy old rapist the most powerful man in the company is, it’s still worth a couple gazillion bucks because everyone knows those three little letters.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Vince can't stand when his baby doesn't have his fingerprints all over it..his massive ego won't allow it

Inevitable budget cuts on the way.Bye Dakota,Kross,Gargano etc etc...was nice knowing ya lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Just speaks to the mindset that he’s always had, for good reason because it’s always worked, that everything blows over and never remembers. They only remember he retired.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Hogan once told Bischoff that even if you put a stake through Vince's heart you weren't going to put him out of business. Thought of that, today.

He's an appalling, odious, bastard. I hope he does watch a mass walkout occur over this.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
lol no he won't.
Oh if the sale happens, he's gone. If the company's sold, he's not staying on as the CEO. E.g. Comcast Universal or what ever it's called, buys WWE, they'll install their own CEO. Comparison from another possible purchase, if the Microsoft purchase of Activision Blizzard goes through, Bobby Kotick is gone.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Oh if the sale happens, he's gone.
Yeah I bet.

Sounds like a guy ready to walk into the cornfields. He might sell but he isn't walking away. You can't seriously think he is going to go through the trouble of a hostile takeover of the board and placing himself back as CEO....just to hand it back over right? Please tell me you don't actually think that. He will sell the company and just remain as the CEO of WWE and retain creative control, while someone like Comcast is the parent company.

Reactions: Voight

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah I bet.

Sounds like a guy ready to walk into the cornfields. He might sell but he isn't walking away. You can't seriously think he is going to go through the trouble of a hostile takeover of the board and placing himself back as CEO....just to hand it back over right? Please tell me you don't actually think that. He will sell the company and just remain as the CEO of WWE and retain creative control, while someone like Comcast is the parent company.

Read my edited post.

I don't see why Comcast would allow Vince to remain as CEO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad