Ville de Québec Partie XII: Attendez patiemment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Might be a indicator that the shoe about to drop. Or at the very least they want their options open just in case. If they knew for sure that it not happening next season they would already be loading up on shows.

Yes, I read this earlier & agree with your take on it madhi. Theres a very good reason for not announcing whatever sponsorships including building naming rights etc, laying low on the event bookings etc etc etc..... pretty sure were staring down the barrel of a "Big Reveal" in the not to distant future. Im convinced the NHL & QC have this locked & loaded.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
I don't see it happening this year. But, with the Canadiens buying the Bulldogs and moving them to St. John's while they obviously plan to move them to Laval, one would wonder (not really) what the plan is for St. John's after they relocate. Paired with a brand new arena and a franchise that is not doing well in the east, it makes too much sense to believe Québec will have a club sooner rather than later.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Late june, the place will be upside down for couple days .. if not weeks.

Who is the guy on here who's going to drink himself to death between the announcement and the first puck drop? :laugh: Hopefully not you!

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
Who is the guy on here who's going to drink himself to death between the announcement and the first puck drop? :laugh: Hopefully not you!

:laugh::laugh:

:cheers::cheers:

:yo::partytime::partytime:

Seriously, this will be the biggest news event here in the last 30 or 40 years, if not since V day!

Last edited:

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
^^^ Man, that reminds me, since I can't have a La Maudite right now, time for a Budweiser over here.... the real kind, from this place:

240px-Ceske-Budejovice-town-hall.jpg

Here is to an announcement telling us all what we want to hear, sooner rather than later!

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Yes, I read this earlier & agree with your take on it madhi. Theres a very good reason for not announcing whatever sponsorships including building naming rights etc, laying low on the event bookings etc etc etc..... pretty sure were staring down the barrel of a "Big Reveal" in the not to distant future. Im convinced the NHL & QC have this locked & loaded.

Wouldn't not announcing shows, concerts, etc suggest something might disrupt that this year? If this calm is before a storm of jubilation and related to this year, wouldn't that suggest relocation, not expansion because an expansion announcement relating to QC wouldn't affect the schedule this year?

GF

Nov 4, 2012
Guess, let's not get excited just yet... What team could realistically move THIS year? And, we won't get an expansion team on 4-month notice.

Nordiques 1.0 moved May 15th IIRC. There is still plenty of time. Not that I believe it will happen, just that it could happen.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Nordiques 1.0 moved May 15th IIRC. There is still plenty of time. Not that I believe it will happen, just that it could happen.

I know there is still plenty of time for a move to be announced. However, even with Nordiques 1.0., we had pretty good indication that it might very well be the last year in Quebec City. My dad took me to the last regular season game against the Whalers and he kept telling me that we might see the last regular season game in Nordiques history.

As of now, we have absolutely no indication that a team might move this summer. There is no Atlanta situation either (owner of the arena wanting to get rid of the franchise). Arizona just got a new partner and Florida has a loaded owner. Carolina is just baseless speculation. I would say that it is VERY unlikely that relocation happens this year. Expansion? Don't even think about it, no on 4-month notice; not with the NHL saying they wanted to go west first.

As much as I want to get excited, I am pretty much accepting the fact that we won't get a team anytime soon if ever.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
No team will be moved, so either expansion or a long wait

Watched my Jets play in Sunrise Fl last night and the place was empty, the Panthers are in the play off hunt and still can't draw flies, how do even begin to make money there?:amazed:

FlaPantherSwe*

Watched my Jets play in Sunrise Fl last night and the place was empty, the Panthers are in the play off hunt and still can't draw flies, how do even begin to make money there?:amazed:

Its time to stop this false advertisement of a real playoffhunt we are 6 points behinde with a minus 23 goal difference and without loser points we are closer to macdavid Playoffs then the actuall playoffs. Panthers need a playoff run not once but twice, then we can discuss. The Panthers stinks of loser mentality something the new ownership is doing Its best to get rid off. We can pad the attendence to Winnipeg levels but then you will just complain about that. There is no way of winning this even If we in future would win cup and sell out the complains will still be in the air..

FlaPantherSwe*

I know there is still plenty of time for a move to be announced. However, even with Nordiques 1.0., we had pretty good indication that it might very well be the last year in Quebec City. My dad took me to the last regular season game against the Whalers and he kept telling me that we might see the last regular season game in Nordiques history.

As of now, we have absolutely no indication that a team might move this summer. There is no Atlanta situation either (owner of the arena wanting to get rid of the franchise). Arizona just got a new partner and Florida has a loaded owner. Carolina is just baseless speculation. I would say that it is VERY unlikely that relocation happens this year. Expansion? Don't even think about it, no on 4-month notice; not with the NHL saying they wanted to go west first.

As much as I want to get excited, I am pretty much accepting the fact that we won't get a team anytime soon if ever.

Viola has a house in NY with 118 million dollars and net worth of 1,7 billion dollars... Panthers is a hobby a prestige memebership and something he most likely want to give to his sons later on. It will take plenty of time before some odd 20-30 million a year will make him give up.

Panthers are one of many buissneses he have but far from the most important..

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
Viola has a house in NY with 118 million dollars and net worth of 1,7 billion dollars... Panthers is a hobby a prestige memebership and something he most likely want to give to his sons later on. It will take plenty of time before some odd 20-30 million a year will make him give up.

And is under investigation from the SEC.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Its time to stop this false advertisement of a real playoffhunt we are 6 points behinde with a minus 23 goal difference and without loser points we are closer to macdavid Playoffs then the actuall playoffs. Panthers need a playoff run not once but twice, then we can discuss. The Panthers stinks of loser mentality something the new ownership is doing Its best to get rid off. We can pad the attendence to Winnipeg levels but then you will just complain about that. There is no way of winning this even If we in future would win cup and sell out the complains will still be in the air..

There is always a good excuse for the bad crowds right?

FlaPantherSwe*

There is always a good excuse for the bad crowds right?

Its called logic at this point, If we where a regular playoff team like sharks and still the same attendence then i agree to move.. But you would atleast expect some understanding from cunning and smart grown men/ladies at the current situation.. Sharks antendence would take a nose dive If it had the same product we have had for so many years..

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Its called logic at this point, If we where a regular playoff team like sharks and still the same attendence then i agree to move.. But you would atleast expect some understanding from cunning and smart grown men/ladies at the current situation.. Sharks antendence would take a nose dive If it had the same product we have had for so many years..

Now you're deflecting... the Sharks have nothing to do with the situation in Sunrise...

FlaPantherSwe*

Now you're deflecting... the Sharks have nothing to do with the situation in Sunrise...

You ignore the main reason for the problem.. you have a clear agenda ofc you will push for it no matter the logic or reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad