OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
God of War: Ragnarok may be the first game I got all the trophies for. Thankfully you don't have to play on higher difficulties to do it, like most games.

The story and graphics were absolutely fantastic. My only big gripes were getting side quests that you could start pre-ending but couldn't be finished until post-game (which led to a few wasted hours before just looking it up) and Vanaheim. All of it. What an obnoxiously designed area.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
God of War: Ragnarok may be the first game I got all the trophies for. Thankfully you don't have to play on higher difficulties to do it, like most games.

The story and graphics were absolutely fantastic. My only big gripes were getting side quests that you could start pre-ending but couldn't be finished until post-game (which led to a few wasted hours before just looking it up) and Vanaheim. All of it. What an obnoxiously designed area.

I'm nearing the end now

Almost fell off my couch when it was revealed Odin was Tyr the entire time.

Reactions: Amorgus

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
My gut feel is the Harry Potter game looks bland in all but setting. A lot of it looks cookie cutter sandbox. I think they’d have been better off leaving Hogwarts and really opening up the possibilities.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but seems like a game to wait at least a week to buy after release to see what everyone else thinks first.

Reactions: Magua and Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Hi-Fi Rush is a blast to play! Old school simplicity, and just plain fun. I'm about half-way through.

And I stuck with Monster Hunter Rise because I'm playing co-op and my friend really enjoys it. At first, it felt really meh. It's definitely gotten better in terms of weapon upgrades and getting used to the mechanics, and pretty fun now. The music is still awful tho.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Got the new 240hz monitor, set it up, thought "Screw it, might as well download Warzone and test it out", do that, spend 15 minutes fixing issues and changing settings, plug in my Xbox controller and headset, then play a single game of solos... and win it with 10 kills. :laugh:

8aa0261e5740b0a4885bef41bc557205.png

Works great and it's really smooth, but sitting at the desk/PC is just too weird. I think I'll just stay a little console peasant.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Vampire survivor is on the App Store now. Really damn fun, but I’m hooked on (what I think is a copy of it) survivor.io.
Vampire is full of unlockables, is free, and self developed to avoid predatory mobile game practices.
.io is a typical mobile game with many many options to buy shit, but none of it is necessary at all to play.

Reactions: trostol

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone remember this series from way back?

Attachments

• E2331660-985B-4FB5-9833-3E5AE04EB9EA.png
    E2331660-985B-4FB5-9833-3E5AE04EB9EA.png
    657.8 KB · Views: 6

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Am I missing something in FIFA or is this just stupid as shit?

I tried out Ultimate team for the first time, which obviously means I have a mediocre/crappy roster at the moment. Highest ranked player is probably around 85 overall and the rest of the team is somewhere in the 75-85 range.

Me, apparently being a fool, expected to be matched against other players with similar teams, with the difficulty increasing as I win more games, get more points, open more packs, and improve my team.

So why the hell am I immediately playing guys with lineups completely made up of stars and legend players? The difference in speed alone makes it nearly impossible to compete, let alone the difference in shooting and passing.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Am I missing something in FIFA or is this just stupid as shit?

I tried out Ultimate team for the first time, which obviously means I have a mediocre/crappy roster at the moment. Highest ranked player is probably around 85 overall and the rest of the team is somewhere in the 75-85 range.

Me, apparently being a fool, expected to be matched against other players with similar teams, with the difficulty increasing as I win more games, get more points, open more packs, and improve my team.

So why the hell am I immediately playing guys with lineups completely made up of stars and legend players? The difference in speed alone makes it nearly impossible to compete, let alone the difference in shooting and passing.
Pretty sure it goes by divisions. They could have been building their team up all year and just hopped into ranked. Also ranked is naturally the sweatiest of the sweaties.

Probably best to stick with squad battles or friendlies until you build up. I’m still scared to go into tanked games.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pretty sure it goes by divisions. They could have been building their team up all year and just hopped into ranked. Also ranked is naturally the sweatiest of the sweaties.

Probably best to stick with squad battles or friendlies until you build up. I’m still scared to go into tanked games.
Hmmmm ok, that makes sense.

I did hop right into ranked but I’m only in division 8. Won my first 5 games in a row then hit a wall of super-squads. :laugh:

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I started a thread in the Geek Emporium board but I thought I would ask here too.

I have been using Filmmaker mode on my Samsung Q80T for movies and TV(other than sports) the last couple of months and have really enjoyed the more realistic look to it. I play an Xbox Series X on the same tv but use game mode and have found that it looks much more cartoony (yes I know the are games). I haven’t played in a few weeks and when I booted it up I tried playing in filmmaker mode and liked the more “realistic” viewing it provided and didn’t notice much if any difference in input lag and frames per second.

Can anyone confirm what the input lag is in Filmmaker mode when playing with a XSX or PS5? As well as if VRR/4k 120 work in Filmmaker mode? Even if you don’t have the same exact brand or model TV I would be interested in your experiences. I have been searching on google but haven’t come up with any definitive answers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad