OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I love that there's a movie theater in the game where you can watch an entire trashy B-movie with RedLetterMedia commentary.
Too bad the game isn't available on PS5.

Very cool! Feels very Mystery Science Theater 3000.

It‘s nice to play a game that doesn’t take itself seriously and is just silly fun.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Very cool! Feels very Mystery Science Theater 3000.

It‘s nice to play a game that doesn’t take itself seriously and is just silly fun.
Yeah, the game looks like a lot of fun. Very anarchic and like you said, doesn't take itself seriously.

The movie was called Demon Wind. I watched the entire thing on Youtube. :laugh: If you ever wondered how bored I am sometimes.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah, the game looks like a lot of fun. Very anarchic and like you said, doesn't take itself seriously.

The movie was called Demon Wind. I watched the entire thing on Youtube. :laugh: If you ever wondered how bored I am sometimes.

Oh I thought you played it - just seeing the PS5 reference.

If you can finish it within 30 days, you can play it on Game Pass for $1. I mean, beats buying the game.

Reactions: TCTC

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Oh I thought you played it - just seeing the PS5 reference.

If you can finish it within 30 days, you can play it on Game Pass for $1. I mean, beats buying the game.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's coming out on PS5 and I don't like playing on my laptop.

Reactions: flyersnorth

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
not i...played some of the beta...maybe some of the alpha too..game was totally different between the two...was ok but nothing stood out to me..read it had a iffy launch so hope it got better
FWIW I’m f***ing hooked. Level 24, few crafting skills over 50 and I can’t even talk in the general chat yet(need 72 hours of account time for that.

Reactions: trostol

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

For those that have played

Hitman 2016
Hitman 2 2018
Hitman 3 2021 ( Note all 3 now merged in 1 game)

January 26 Hitman Freelancer will launch.

For those that ever played
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin in 2002 PS2

It featured a hut where you could store weapons from the missions and use in future missions

Freelancer is just that, a new modern design that will use a Safehouse 47 will start and end in.

You can bring weapons out of missions and lose weapons depends what you enter and exit with.

I’m excited to try this

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I tried to play my first shooter on the pc, metro 2033 redux(I think it is). I could not hit anything. At all. I know what DPI is but not how to effectively use it. My mouse, razer basilisk, apparently has 20k dpi and from what I read something like 800 dpi is suggested for games.
Anyone bored enough on New Year’s Eve able to fix my shit, aka tell me what to do please?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t know if anyone is playing Warzone other than me, but if you are and you aren’t using these as your secondary…

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I don’t know if anyone is playing Warzone other than me, but if you are and you aren’t using these as your secondary…

Do you know if I own cod on ps5 if I can play for free on pc?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Do you know if I own cod on ps5 if I can play for free on pc?

Warzone is free, bro.

My friend got me to try 3rd person trios, and I'm a little obsessed with it. It's a vibe. :laugh:

How do you have your pistols set up? I just roll with my Fennec usually.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I tried to play my first shooter on the pc, metro 2033 redux(I think it is). I could not hit anything. At all. I know what DPI is but not how to effectively use it. My mouse, razer basilisk, apparently has 20k dpi and from what I read something like 800 dpi is suggested for games.
Anyone bored enough on New Year’s Eve able to fix my shit, aka tell me what to do please?

DPI is adjustable. That's just the max setting.

I don't have any Razer products, but you can either adjust that with their software or there are probably buttons. Look for a pair of buttons, one up and one down. Try directly below the middle mouse button maybe. If not there, look on the side.

My wife says use low DPI and move your arm instead of your wrist or you'll suck.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
DPI is adjustable. That's just the max setting.

I don't have any Razer products, but you can either adjust that with their software or there are probably buttons. Look for a pair of buttons, one up and one down. Try directly below the middle mouse button maybe. If not there, look on the side.

My wife says use low DPI and move your arm instead of your wrist or you'll suck.
There are two buttons by the mouse wheel that I thought did nothing and have been clicking them out of boredom. They quickly adjust the dpi. I was playing new world with 20k dpi lol

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Warzone is free, bro.

My friend got me to try 3rd person trios, and I'm a little obsessed with it. It's a vibe. :laugh:

How do you have your pistols set up? I just roll with my Fennec usually.
I haven’t even tried 3P yet. Might need to give that a shot.

And the setup is:

P890

Muzzle: Forge DX90-F
+1.40 on Y-axis
+1.00 on X-Axis
Trigger: Bruen Express
+0.17 on Y-axis
-0.10 on X-Axis
Laser: 1MW Pistol Laser
Mag: 12 Round Mag
Rear Grip: Akimbo P890

The Fennec is really good, but I’ve been liking the MX9 too, since it feels strong and has a little more range. I switch between AR/LMGs every damn game. Can’t figure out which I like best.

Reactions: Magua

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I gotta figure out how to see and manually set the dpi on this mouse. Computers confuse me

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I haven’t even tried 3P yet. Might need to give that a shot.

And the setup is:

P890

Muzzle: Forge DX90-F
+1.40 on Y-axis
+1.00 on X-Axis
Trigger: Bruen Express
+0.17 on Y-axis
-0.10 on X-Axis
Laser: 1MW Pistol Laser
Mag: 12 Round Mag
Rear Grip: Akimbo P890

The Fennec is really good, but I’ve been liking the MX9 too, since it feels strong and has a little more range. I switch between AR/LMGs every damn game. Can’t figure out which I like best.

I checked today, and that's what I had mine set up as too. I just use the X12s though.

I've exclusively been using the RPK to meta dem noobs -- I also never play solos. But if I were to level up an AR, for whenever the RPK gets nerfed, what's your go to? I have a few maxed.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I checked today, and that's what I had mine set up as too. I just use the X12s though.

I've exclusively been using the RPK to meta dem noobs -- I also never play solos. But if I were to level up an AR, for whenever the RPK gets nerfed, what's your go to? I have a few maxed.
Yeah, X12s are really good too, especially in MP, but in WZ I’d personally probably go with the P890s for the little extra damage. Especially when ya boi keeps running into tournament-winning WZ streamers and ex-Pro players. Feels real bad man.

After the RPK I think the most similar gun is the probably Kastov 762. Only real issue is the max 40 round mag.

The TAQ-56 is pretty good, M4 is insane in MP but I don’t trust it in WZ, gotta try the STB556 out a little more, the RAAL is strong but ultra loud and heavy, all snipers are worthless… I really don’t have a go-to in this game. I want to like the RPK but there’s times where I swear I’m healing the enemy.

Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad