Value of: Victor Rask and Justin Faulk to the Oilers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t think much of either player to be honest. Rask’s skillset is already represented on this team by Strome and I’ve waxed eloquent on Faulk before - he’s a good offensive player on a good contract with serious defensive flaws that should never have been spoken about like some surefire #1 defenceman.

In terms of value something along the lines of Klefbom+2nd for both is probably fair-ish for all involved but I’d rather just keep Oscar.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I like Rask and always have. Think he would be better on another team. As a Rangers fan I would offer Devils second, Spooner and perhaps a prospect like Nieves. Not sure if Canes fans would be open to that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That "new guy" better be pretty damn good.

I till see RNH still as a flex position center.

I have no faith that Aberg will stick.

Nuge - McDavid - new guy
Lucic - Draisaitl - Pulujarvi
Cagguila - Strome - Yamamoto
Pakarinen - Khaira - Kassian

or

Draisaitl - McDavid - new guy
Lucic - RNH - Pulujarvi
Cagguila - Strome - Yamamoto
Pakarinen - Khaira - Kassian

(Slepyshev is the bubble guy)

RNH no longer bounces to center the 3rd line where his talents are wasted. He is either 2c or top line LW.

I'm more worried about the quality of our 3rd line than getting a "new guy" on the top line with McDavid and Drai/Nuge. Our third line needs to have guys who can jump into the top six if injuries make it necessary. I'm not sold that Caguila or Yamamoto are ready to do that.

Reactions: TrentonF

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Deflect all you want. My statement acknowledged the small sample size, but I will stand by the fact Faulk had an awful game. I posted that opinion because I was legitimately surprised a player I thought was pretty damned good was looking so bad. Was I incorrect? Evidence to the contrary then, if you please. On a side note, are you overly sensitive of even this mild criticism of Faulk for some reason?

By the way, McDavid was also very average by his standards. Hopefully it doesnt cost him the Art Ross.

There's nothing to deflect. You missing the entire point within the context of the thread isn't my problem. Since you can't bother to keep up, I'll say it again just for you: Faulk is having a down season and is one of a handful of reasons Carolina underachieved yet again. He was terrible last night (along with 90% of the players on the ice). None of that means Faulk is now terrible and has lost virtually all value, which many EDM fans in this thread would like to believe.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
There's nothing to deflect. You missing the entire point within the context of the thread isn't my problem. Since you can't bother to keep up, I'll say it again just for you: Faulk is having a down season and is one of a handful of reasons Carolina underachieved yet again. He was terrible last night (along with 90% of the players on the ice). None of that means Faulk is now terrible and has lost virtually all value, which many EDM fans in this thread would like to believe.
I didnt comment at all on Faulks season, its affect on the Hurricanes fortunes, nor did I comment on any projected trade value. I stated that it was a small sample size but that he looked awful in that game. Your over reaction and claims ive missed a point are all on you. I wasn’t exactly savaging him either, given that it looks like he was on the ice for 5 goals against. Woof.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I like Rask and always have. Think he would be better on another team. As a Rangers fan I would offer Devils second, Spooner and perhaps a prospect like Nieves. Not sure if Canes fans would be open to that.
Can Spooner play wing? Seriously, that's probably the biggest determining factor in a Rask move. Guy's not bad, just doesn't fit in the long-term plans anymore if we do bring in another center by UFA or trade and he doesn't really make the most effective winger for us. He might not even be in the long-term plans anymore without a UFA signing or trade, but I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as is we have Lindholm, Staal, and Necas all projected to be on the team next year that have seen significant time down the middle, and we're trying the idea of Aho now that we're out of it because for some reason Peters is infatuated with that idea.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think a Faulk for Pulj deal would be great but i doubt Edmonton does it.

Faulk for RNH is pretty fair IMO, I think RNH in Carolina does really well for himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad