Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He is a year and a half older.
I know, but I still find it pretty funny considering hype meters. And I like Asplund :) Take the idiots from THN - Asplund is their 3rd rated Sabres prospect. Olofsson is not even top10 for whatever strange reason. If he succeeds in translating his game, that would be the type of success story this franchise is lacking badly.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I know, but I still find it pretty funny considering hype meters. And I like Asplund :) Take the idiots from THN - Asplund is their 3rd rated Sabres prospect. Olofsson is not even top10 for whatever strange reason. If he succeeds in translating his game, that would be the type of success story this franchise is lacking badly.

Probably because THN views 2nd round pick >>> 7th round pick...

It'll be great to hit on a 7th rounder.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
soooo does Sweden rate Olofsson>Asplund considering they give him more icetime? :) Get that kid on Jack's wing. Im sick and tired seeing Pomer there.....

I agree, Pominville would make sense with someone on the bottom six somewhere or put an all slow line of Okposo-ROR-Pominville line where you have creative vets, with ability to create, but much slower.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I agree, Pominville would make sense with someone on the bottom six somewhere or put an all slow line of Okposo-ROR-Pominville line where you have creative vets, with ability to create, but much slower.
Can you imagine the gaps?

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I love his shot and finds open spaces. Is he still around the 78kg mark? Hopefully he adds a bit more size in the off season, and continues his development.

Reactions: allsilverdreams

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
He strikes me as the type of player who won't be in Rochester for too long.

Looking forward to watching him closely next year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Older guys tend to be the "go to" on national teams. Being experienced makes more difference than where someone ranks on a prospect list.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's actually 2 1/2 years older. July 1995 vs December 1997. Oloffson was second-year eligible when drafted.

Ahhh. Even more reason. Wow he really is a nice find. He wasn’t much going into his second draft yet either.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
A lot of sites misreported his height prior to the draft (see the first page of this thread). More importantly, though, the Sabres clearly had eyes on MODO at the time having recently drafted Ullmark and Possler. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the Euro scouts ended up relatively unscathed in the recent scouting department overhaul.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
A lot of sites misreported his height prior to the draft (see the first page of this thread). More importantly, though, the Sabres clearly had eyes on MODO at the time having recently drafted Ullmark and Possler. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the Euro scouts ended up relatively unscathed in the recent scouting department overhaul.
Relatively. 2 of 4 Euro scouts were retained. Yuri Khmylev (Regier hire) was axed, as was Anders Forsberg (The Erik Karlsson table banger). But the guy who found VO, Fredrick Andersson, was axed immediately after the Sabres drafted in 2014 (Edit: not fired until 2016, possibly quit to become coach at Modo J20)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Oh shit i forgot he was the one that was listed at 5’7 and everyone ran with it. Damn that was a while ago.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Any reason why we haven’t signed him to an ELC. I understand the ATO is up in the air because of the WC. But can that not come later?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Any reason why we haven’t signed him to an ELC. I understand the ATO is up in the air because of the WC. But can that not come later?
Olofsson is calling the shots. What are the Sabres going to say "Sign this ELC or you'll become an UFA on June 1st" lol. Be happy Olofsson hasn't given any indication he's considering UFA.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Olofsson is calling the shots. What are the Sabres going to say "Sign this ELC or you'll become an UFA on June 1st" lol. Be happy Olofsson hasn't given any indication he's considering UFA.
I didn't know this was a possibility. :(

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Something to do with IIHF rules and the WC. Don't remember all of the specifics but basically it boils down to he won't be signing until he's done with Team Sweden

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
So with all of the talk recently about Olofsson's shot, I watched this video of highlights from his season. The things that really stood out to me were that he can shoot through traffic and he uses the toe of his blade to shoot. Not a lot of players do that consistently.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So with all of the talk recently about Olofsson's shot, I watched this video of highlights from his season. The things that really stood out to me were that he can shoot through traffic and he uses the toe of his blade to shoot. Not a lot of players do that consistently.

Loved his shot since his first development camp. Man he's made for Eichel. Jack could set him up from anywhere.

But that second goal where Dahlin blows past the two D to get behind the net and then throw a no-look behind-the-back pass right on Olofsson's stick for that one-timer... :amazed:

Reactions: Freeeeedom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad