Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Isn't the caveat being players whom buffalo owned rights to prior to the deadline. Olofsson is buffalo owned, So he can sign and play as with borgen., but this can't be done with free agent signings???
No, there is no such rule. There are even guys who sign PTOs out of the ECHL after the deadline who play in playoff games.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
They're at 47 contracts against the 50 contract limit right now (Pu doesn't count, neither does Borgen since he isn't actually under contract this season).

I counted 49. I think we can probably manage to scrape by without Kasdorf though. Cut him and sign him to an ECHL deal, or whatever.
Teams can't just "cut" guys.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
*mangement walks down a row of Rochester guys*
"and you're cut, and you're cut, you can stay, and you're cut and we're out"
hqdefault.jpg

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So, if they sign Olofsson and maybe Asplund for contracts for next year, and give them ATO's for Rochester for this year, then they only count against the 50 for next year?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So, if they sign Olofsson and maybe Asplund for contracts for next year, and give them ATO's for Rochester for this year, then they only count against the 50 for next year?

Yep.

Not sure if that is Botts plan. It sounds like Asplund at least they would like to head for the WC's. If the Amerks need finishers, VO should be a candidate, even if it displaces someone else.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Frölunda HC‏ @frolunda_hc - March 29 -
MÅÅÅÅÅÅL! With 1:27 left to play of the second period, Victor Olofsson lights the flame of hope.
He reduces to 3-1 with a snärtigt wrist shot from the left.

Frölunda HC‏ @frolunda_hc - March 29 -
Olofssons 3:e mål i slutspelet assisteras av Rasmus Dahlin (2) och Jan Muršak (2).
Olofsson's 3rd goal in the playoffs is assisted by Rasmus Dahlin (2) and Jan Muršak (2).

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Anyone who is familiar with the league, how impressive is Oloffson's season given his age?

Mattias Janmark-Nylén (Dallas), Andreas Johnson (TOR), Pettersson Emil (NSH) are comparable at similar ages.

They all have or will spent time in the AHL. I wouldn't expect Olofsson to immediately transition. Janmark has played the most in the NHL and he has .4ppg. He's bigger than Oloffsson who's bigger than Johnson.

It's reasonable to project a NA pro-career for him, but it would be a surprise to see him score 40 points in a season, unless the rules continue to evolve.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -

Asplund and Olofsson back at it today as Sweden faces Slovakia at the Euro Hockey Challenge.

Things starting to come together regarding some Swedes/Sabres. FBK website earlier this week reported that they believe Asplund will join Sabres org next season. Today, Frolunda web states that Olofsson will (translated) "represent another club in another league" next year.

Asplund and Olofsson draw the assists on Sweden's fifth goal. That's Olofsson's third helper of the game. Sweden leads Slovakia 5-1 late in the 2nd.

Victor Olofsson (17:06) produces three helpers and a game-high plus-4 rating, Rasmus Asplund picks up an assist and wins 8/12 draws while skating 14:53 as Sweden pounds Slovakia 7-1.

Last edited:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Mattias Janmark-Nylén (Dallas), Andreas Johnson (TOR), Pettersson Emil (NSH) are comparable at similar ages.

They all have or will spent time in the AHL. I wouldn't expect Olofsson to immediately transition. Janmark has played the most in the NHL and he has .4ppg. He's bigger than Oloffsson who's bigger than Johnson.

It's reasonable to project a NA pro-career for him, but it would be a surprise to see him score 40 points in a season, unless the rules continue to evolve.

I see him being a beautiful 40-50 point player in the middle six... that shot and his speed on the smaller ice... there is no doubt in my mind he will be a PP point producing monster in the nhl

His shot on smaller ice is the mist exciting part of seeing how his game translates... I think he’ll be able to get it off and use it as a weapon... his shot is an elite skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad