Confirmed Signing with Link: Vesey signs with the New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
That and they bullied the Canucks in the SCF. But that wouldn't fly in today's in NHL.

We outscored them 23-8... 3 goals for every goal they scored, pretty much... That's the "bullying" that was done: buried them under a crap load of goals...
And 2011 IS today's NHL: it's 5 years ago, not 50...

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Issued my point. The good center depth. The point is to have center depth with a high end #1 center at the top of the depth chart.

Like Krejci and would trade a lot for Bergeron, I don't consider either high end like Crosby, Datsyuk, Kopitar.

OK for Crosby, but in regards to Kopitar and Datsyuk (now. Prime Datsyuk was stellar), Bergeron is equal or better.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Center depth was not Boston's problem in 2013. When your Centers are Bergeron, Krejci, Peverly/Kelly and Campbell then it's actually one of your strengths.

Issued my point. The good center depth. The point is to have center depth with a high end #1 center at the top of the depth chart.

Like Krejci and would trade a lot for Bergeron, I don't consider either high end like Crosby, Datsyuk, Kopitar.

If that was what you were trying to say then why didn't you say " lack of an elite Center " instead of " lack of Center depth " ???? :dunno:

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
We outscored them 23-8... 3 goals for every goal they scored, pretty much... That's the "bullying" that was done: buried them under a crap load of goals...

Objectively, I have to agree. The Bruins were all over them that series, especially where it counts - the scoreboard

Stuckinthe2ndround*

I think a lot of players are scared of the Bruins nosedive.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If that was what you were trying to say then why didn't you say " lack of an elite Center " instead of " lack of Center depth " ???? :dunno:

Yes, there's a difference and guess what Bergeron is an elite Center. There are only so many to go around. There are several teams with elite centers that don't make the playoffs, it's just one factor or position out of several that a team needs. As a NYR fan we lack an elite 1C but we have good young depth and guys who can play all 3 zones so it is what it is. I don't understand this whole argument in the Vesey thread.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Seeing a lot of this in the thread:

Alot-vs-a-lot1-600x450.png

It hurts.

What a hell is it lol?

Stuckinthe2ndround*

Well let's be fair, the Bs had a window and cashed in with a cup. They are regrouping/retooling and are adjusting to an aging core. They'll be back, they have good management.

I agree, but Sweeney really set that team back.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Overpaid? It's an entry level contract.

He was free besides the same exact contract any other team in the NHL would offer him :laugh::laugh:. This is getting ridiculous. No one is saying he's going to be a top 6 winger or make the Rangers contenders again. We're excited we got a young asset for free, nothing more.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Rangers>>>Sabres in the Vesey sweepstakes. Getting a free NHL level player on an ELC is nice. Burning a pick for nothing, and also getting a bit of a reputation smudge in the process is a not great outcome for the Sabres.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I think I'll just marinate in the hate being spewed here. Gives me a warm fuzzy kinda glow.

Rangers spend the summer getting bigger, stronger, and younger and more cap friendly to boot.

Very nice indeed.

Welcome to New York, New York Kid. You are going to LOVE It!!

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Neither.

High end #1 center with center depth.

Having Crosby, Toews, Kopitar, or Datsyuk and having solid centers behind them.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Boston bullied Vancouver in games 3, 4, 6, and 7. It was a seven game series, and Vancouver played them tough in three of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad