Confirmed Signing with Link: Vesey signs with the New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Why would Buffalo be mad? They were just the ones that were dumb enough to give up an asset for a guy that was clearly going to UFA.

Nashville has every right to be mad. They picked him and spent years of resources on his development only to be spurned by a oddity*.

Can we stop with the "Buffalo was stupid to give up a 3rd rounder for nothing" narrative?

From the 3rd round on, it's about a 12% rate just to make the NHL. Much less be a great player or even a top of the line up player.

Vesey makes Buffalo's top 6 if he signs with them. They got two months to show him what Buffalo is about, and demonstrate that they value him. Without those two months, they're lumped in with all the other teams: no visit to Buffalo, no exclusive day for Buffalo's team to visit with Vesey. Much tougher for Buffalo to make a case.

That two months is worth the 12%.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/prospects/f/draft_success.htm

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
One thought by many has to be the longer this drags on the more its probably between a hometown team and Chicago. So Detroit is probably out ;)

"Do I have the heart to leave home?!" Dun, dun, dunnnnnn...

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Didn't actually expect it to happen for a second. But it's absolutely necessary for our team, with our age/cap/window/prospect situation, to have that extra young piece.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Can we stop with the "Buffalo was stupid to give up a 3rd rounder for nothing" narrative?

From the 3rd round on, it's about a 12% rate just to make the NHL. Much less be a great player or even a top of the line up player.

Vesey makes Buffalo's top 6 if he signs with them. They got two months to show him what Buffalo is about, and demonstrate that they value him. Without those two months, they're lumped in with all the other teams: no visit to Buffalo, no exclusive day for Buffalo's team to visit with Vesey. Much tougher for Buffalo to make a case.

That two months is worth the 12%.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/prospects/f/draft_success.htm

I was responding to a guy saying that Buffalo would boo Vesey during games. Which is totally ridiculous given the situation. That's it and that's all.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Fine with it as I said all along. I was glad that the Pens pursued him but doubted that they would win this in the end. It leaves the powder dry for them to deal with the wing between now and next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
some people compare him to Ladd... is that a good comparison? Ladd hits quite a lot and his hit total is always high at season's end. Does JV hit a lot too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad