Post-Game Talk: Vegas I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I could see quick taking the net from Igor early in the playoffs and not giving it back for a run. And then it’s ugly in the offseason on what happens because obviously it won’t be quick here more than maybe another year. He’s not great either but he’s streaky and a clutch guy.

Igor is getting lazy. He’s living far off that vezina season cruising to that paycheck but he doesn’t look anything like the guy in Russia the guy in Hartford or the guy from that season. He can’t even play the puck like he used to. I don’t know what this is but this isn’t who he was when he got here. This guy should be top five in goals saved above expected every year minimum.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'd never seen more buzzing that produced nothing. It was the equivalent of a bunch of bees swarming but not actually not stinging. They love to circle around but never can get the puck into the middle. The defensemen and the forwards cross a lot but do you ever see someone launch a cannon from the top? Hardly anyone knows how to shoot or tee up a shot.

I mean, visually, it was right up there with the Mona Lisa.

I mean how often do you get open slot chances while dominating in the zone? Not often. You throw pucks at the net look to create seem passes draw powerplays. Get a few pucks thru traffic maybe hit a guy cutting to the net. We had a few rush chances too. Kakko had a couple himself. We played a great first 10. Vegas comes down gets one shot not a great angle Igor is asleep it’s in the net. Vegas comes back down 30 secs later guy is tied up completely has to use his skate Igor has plenty of time is completely there closes his eyes doesn’t like the guy getting to close lets it flutter thru him you’re down 2-0 on the road to the Cup champs in a building they don’t lose after you spent 10’mins dominating them and you know your goalie is going to have ANOTHER one of those nights. Let’s be real game over.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
IMG_3244.jpeg

I snapped this pic from the game last night. This guy had on a half Vegas Knights jersey, half Kansas City Chiefs jersey. What a loser. The only thing uglier than that contraption is the Miller-Trouba pairing

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I mean how often do you get open slot chances while dominating in the zone? Not often. You throw pucks at the net look to create seem passes draw powerplays. Get a few pucks thru traffic maybe hit a guy cutting to the net. We had a few rush chances too. Kakko had a couple himself. We played a great first 10. Vegas comes down gets one shot not a great angle Igor is asleep it’s in the net. Vegas comes back down 30 secs later guy is tied up completely has to use his skate Igor has plenty of time is completely there closes his eyes doesn’t like the guy getting to close lets it flutter thru him you’re down 2-0 on the road to the Cup champs in a building they don’t lose after you spent 10’mins dominating them and you know your goalie is going to have ANOTHER one of those nights. Let’s be real game over.
This is exactly what they don't do. They don't hit guys cutting to the net because no one cuts to the net. No one also gets shots through. Lindgren is the biggest culprit. Miller too. Schneider and Trouba are OK at it but never have great timing. Fox will continue to play touch passes the forwards.

When other teams cycle on us, the chances inevitably are slot chances or net front chances. When we cycle, our chances are often more to the sides of the net from mid distance.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is exactly what they don't do. They don't hit guys cutting to the net because no one cuts to the net. No one also gets shots through. Lindgren is the biggest culprit. Miller too. Schneider and Trouba are OK at it but never have great timing. Fox will continue to play touch passes the forwards.

When other teams cycle on us, the chances inevitably are slot chances or net front chances. When we cycle, our chances are often more to the sides of the net from mid distance.
Well the puck ending up on lindgrens stick is a major issue. Imagine how many more points Fox has passing to a real first pair partner that would make an actual play?

This love affair with having Rudy in this spot needs to end. It’s the first domino that needs to fall to send a message to this room. Take their mascot away. Enough is enough

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Well the puck ending up on lindgrens stick is a major issue. Imagine how many more points Fox has passing to a real first pair partner that would make an actual play?

This love affair with having Rudy in this spot needs to end. It’s the first domino that needs to fall to send a message to this room. Take their mascot away. Enough is enough
This is true. Lindgren is the worst guy on the team at getting shots off. He's always forced outside. Always. I've never seen him be able to go inside his defender from the point. If he'sopen, he shoots decently. I will correct myself in that during one of those buzzy sequences, he did cut until the high slot off a feed and put a good shot on net. But it wasn't a snipe or anything.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Guys talking about heart and effort I don’t know what you guys are watching. We came out and completely outplayed Vegas. They coughed up pucks all over and their goalie made a ton of big saves as he should. Vegas gets two simple chances at our net and we’re down 2-0 because our goalie’s eyes are closed because he doesn’t like rush chances coming at the net. He has been on his heels all season. One of the worst goalies in the league in rush save percentage. Just doesnt make any saves.

This is hockey, teams give up chances. Vegas gave up plenty of chances. during our 4 game skid, the opposing teams gave up tons of chances. Goalies made saves. We have gotten Terrible goaltending.

We only are where we are because QUICK was white hot while Igor was “finding his game”.

But he has been the biggest problem all year. He really has you can’t build anything without a foundation and a bad goalie is like building a house on a swamp
Igor has been awful, but the team defense has been really bad the last few years.

It’s not even like they lose a tough game. They give up a goal and the flood gates open.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I'd never seen more buzzing that produced nothing. It was the equivalent of a bunch of bees swarming but not actually not stinging. They love to circle around but never can get the puck into the middle on a steady basis. The defensemen and the forwards cross a lot but do you ever see someone launch a cannon from the top? Hardly anyone knows how to shoot or tee up a shot. All that passing and no one is open still. Shooting lanes remain covered and our players love taking the outside instead of going inside post. Good teams will give you the outside all night long and just hang on and wait for you to tire yourself out. Vegas just boxed up and their goalie made a few good saves but didn't need to be great with the exception of Laf's tuck in attempt from almost behind the goal line. But even that attempt was like most of this team's attempts -- a soft passive try at sneaking it past the goalie. I'd love to see Laf crash the net and try to stick one through.

I mean, visually, it was right up there with the Mona Lisa.
Oh...so basically just another Ranger game where we dominated the outer circle once again and nobody got their hair messed up in going for the net ? I missed the game and I also forgot to record ...so I lucked out I guess .

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
You can take your analytics and stick it where the sun don't shine.

It doesn't take into account this team's lack of killer instinct, mental farts, being lifeless or dumb or both, Shitstain, trying to be cute, etc.

This team does not possess an untoucable player. They're all f***ing expendable.
It is such a mentally weak bunch. This team is going nowhere. They care so so little about winning. They have no compete, they have no bite, they have no snarl to them. They roll over quicker than any nyr team ive ever watched.

They are an incredibly hard group to root for outside of a few guys. The roster needs to be shaken up this offseason. Torts 2011-2012 despite being half as talented would wreck this team

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
The reason I think he doesnt is he realizes how mentally frail this group is. Its shocking just how bad it is. These grown men have the mental makeup of teenage girls
As do I.

I called it in the GDT, 5-1 game. It was written in the leafs. Which makes me think if Toronto for some reason relocated to Vegas, the Golden Leafs would have been a sweet name.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Break up the bromance, long overdue.
They need either the Zib or the 3rd line to contribute 5 on 5, if you could get both going win win

Reactions: skipmowerman

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Glad I didn’t stay up for this one

Igor gotta get his shit figured out or we’re boned. That and Lavy should really be making changes to the defense. It’s obviously not working, why keep throwing the same shit out there

Reactions: Slaydagnar

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
It's not the coach. It's the core.

Third coach, same results.

NHL coaching isn’t great, there isn’t some super coach out there who is gonna come fix everything.

Ironically despite that I’ve been told it’s not a developmenta league, that’s all we really need from a coach. Get the kids producing and get out of the way.

Time to break up the band.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If your goalie can’t make stops you better lock down your defense and if your current defense isn’t working you better tweak it. I’m not sure why we are still married to David Quinn’s D pairings. Why do we need coaches if we’re going to just let these guys play with whoever they want to play with?

Gus makes whoever he plays with better. That’s been the case all season. So move him up get him more than the ridiculous 14 mins a game he’s getting our best hockey has been with him getting top 4 mins.

Lindgren is actually a perfect third pair dman and would probably allow Schneider to develop into the first round pick he is supposed to be.

So put miller with Fox and let them cook and hold the puck so they don’t have to defend as much which neither of them really want to nor should they have to do. And let Gus and trouba be your second pair.

I don’t get why we can’t give this a run?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m on a flight to Miami right now. Sipping a mimosa in first class my wife next to me kids at home with the nanny not bothering us. I stayed up watched this game till 4-0. slept what 2 hours maybe with this stewing in me. Pissed right now. Shouldn’t be should be happy. They ruin nights and days for me still. This will burn my ass all day.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
This is true. Lindgren is the worst guy on the team at getting shots off. He's always forced outside. Always. I've never seen him be able to go inside his defender from the point. If he'sopen, he shoots decently. I will correct myself in that during one of those buzzy sequences, he did cut until the high slot off a feed and put a good shot on net. But it wasn't a snipe or anything.
I wouldn't say forced outside, more like he voluntarily goes to the outside while he decides what to do with the puck.

He also always takes a full half second to process the play after receiving a puck before he releases a shot even when he receives a pass in an obvious shooting lane, on every single opportunity where he actually does attempt the shot. That's C1 beer league stuff, not NHL level right there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad