Post-Game Talk: Vegas I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
Lavy needs to get pissed and throw some people under the bus.
This this here. Problem is who is he gonna do that to?

Mika: Hair toss "not cool" come to my club I'll get you a table ..

Kreider: you see how strong I was? It's on youtube, jumped in a pool. I deflect shit. Joe likes me.

Trouba: I hit people for 19 mil a year, shut up.

Fox: I should be in every Norris voting, I've sucked since I got hurt, I like bagels, shut up

Panarin: I have another baby soon. I shoot much more it's good good leave me alone.

Igor: That m'fr Panarin made me crash a Porsche in Brooklyn haven't been same since

Wheeler: Get me some Medicare

Trocheck: My mom wants everyone for more Lasagna, I love it ..why did 2 of you throw up?

Lindgren: Can I play goalie? My bro says it's easier

Otthmann/Perrault: me the F out of here

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Ok, I'll be honest, I thought Sorokin had three 0.920+ seasons. But if you look at Igor's full seasons outside of one season he's been at best just a bit better than average. Last season he was horseshit until the end of the season. This season I'm not expecting the same miracle. Will probably hover around 0.900. He's Georgiev with one fluke season.

I see. I know a lot of people that get hung up on Sv%, but I'm just a raw stats guy. Wins vs Losses, and in the last few years, Igor has shown that he can shake the shit off, get it done, and get us to the playoffs. Even if he gets his together, we are really going nowhere with the way the entire team is playing right now. We'll see.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I said it in a diff post but if Panarin and Fox don't have top 20 itl level games they just auto lose. Maybe Mika or Kreider can carry a game if they don't. Occasionally.

They've been rot masked by individual brilliance for the last 5 years. We all have eyes.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I see. I know a lot of people that get hung up on Sv%, but I'm just a raw stats guy. Wins vs Losses, and in the last few years, Igor has shown that he can shake the shit off, get it done, and get us to the playoffs. Even if he gets his together, we are really going nowhere with the way the entire team is playing right now. We'll see.

Well, the team was awful today but Vegas was depleted and didn't play THAT great but they didn't have to be. We could have gotten a point in this game with a better showing. Unlikely but possible.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Team's coming back down to earth. Put themselves in a great spot with the hot start, just have to hope they don't squander it.
^After the game #27 loss to the Leafs.. It's officially squandered.

They still talk post-game like they're playing well or something. Like it's still November. We are incredibly lucky the Metro in general has been in a funk sans the Flyers and as of late the Pens/Canes. Lucky the Devils lost the entire team to injury.

Good on Valiquette for calling them out. Igor is miserable after giving up a goal or 2, he just bleeds. Bottom six and 5 on 5 has to be figured out. And just hope Igor regains his confidence.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I just lost $400 in 5 mins at the craps table. It’s only 1045 Vegas time and it’s already a long night

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I said it in a diff post but if Panarin and Fox don't have top 20 itl level games they just auto lose. Maybe Mika or Kreider can carry a game if they don't. Occasionally.

They've been rot masked by individual brilliance for the last 5 years. We all have eyes.
It’s the current regimes philosophy. Top 6 is there to score the goals, the bottom 6 and all 5 non-Fox defenseman are there to just exist while being large and unskilled

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m seeing zero in game adjustments from Lavy too. Why is he so uncomfortable pulling the goalie? Why will he not change the D pairs? Miller Trouba is not working. Even if you think they eventually will they aren’t now do something to fix it. Lindgren Fox has been garbage all year so 3 of your top 4 haven’t been good. Fox is prob playing the worst hockey of his career it’s obvious to try something to shake things up.

And we saw a bad sign the other night when he pulled kakko for wheeler for that empty netter. Well last night what did he do? He sat kakko again to run Panarin out there more. Kakko was prob that lines best player last night.

Lavy is bending to this team as opposed to putting his stamp like he was earlier. We’re looking no different than we did last year under gallant only shesterkin is actually playing worse somehow

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Guys talking about heart and effort I don’t know what you guys are watching. We came out and completely outplayed Vegas. They coughed up pucks all over and their goalie made a ton of big saves as he should. Vegas gets two simple chances at our net and we’re down 2-0 because our goalie’s eyes are closed because he doesn’t like rush chances coming at the net. He has been on his heels all season. One of the worst goalies in the league in rush save percentage. Just doesnt make any saves.

This is hockey, teams give up chances. Vegas gave up plenty of chances. during our 4 game skid, the opposing teams gave up tons of chances. Goalies made saves. We have gotten Terrible goaltending.

We only are where we are because QUICK was white hot while Igor was “finding his game”.

But he has been the biggest problem all year. He really has you can’t build anything without a foundation and a bad goalie is like building a house on a swamp

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
My fear is that I spend all this money to take my family up to NY from Texas in March to see this team in games vs. STL and NJ and they'll perform like last night. It won't be fun. Hopefully, at the very minimum, I'll hear some colorful comments from the seats.

Reactions: Ail

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Guys talking about heart and effort I don’t know what you guys are watching. We came out and completely outplayed Vegas. They coughed up pucks all over and their goalie made a ton of big saves as he should.
I'd never seen more buzzing that produced nothing. It was the equivalent of a bunch of bees swarming but not actually not stinging. They love to circle around but never can get the puck into the middle on a steady basis. The defensemen and the forwards cross a lot but do you ever see someone launch a cannon from the top? Hardly anyone knows how to shoot or tee up a shot. All that passing and no one is open still. Shooting lanes remain covered and our players love taking the outside instead of going inside post. Good teams will give you the outside all night long and just hang on and wait for you to tire yourself out. Vegas just boxed up and their goalie made a few good saves but didn't need to be great with the exception of Laf's tuck in attempt from almost behind the goal line. But even that attempt was like most of this team's attempts -- a soft passive try at sneaking it past the goalie. I'd love to see Laf crash the net and try to stick one through.

I mean, visually, it was right up there with the Mona Lisa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad