Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
And you know that how?
And you know he's going to be a star how?

I've been following prospects long enough to have seen us draft 20 Vasily Glotovs and understand that 9.9 times out of 10 they amount to nothing.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I've been following prospects long enough to have seen us draft 20 Vasily Glotovs and understand that 9.9 times out of 10 they amount to nothing.

You're a scouting genius and I'm sure everyone appreciates your negative realism.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013

I corrected my post and said he was going to be a stud and not a star, and based on what how well Cape Breton fans have been saying he's performing and has been one of their best players on the ice and you can read earlier in this post, and our scouts like him alot too!

My friend I have been around for a long time and have been right about alot of late round gems aswell, its way to early to call him a bust and say we wont be hearing about him in 3 years time, Way to early, lets watch him in the QMJHL for a season before we label him a bust

Last edited:

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
Odd that Glotov has appeared in only one of the Eagles' five pre-season games. ???

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Odd that Glotov has appeared in only one of the Eagles' five pre-season games. ???
No, it's not odd since the first three were played with Cape Breton's rookie camp roster, as the rookies reported ahead of main camp. Glotov and others didn't start practicing and training camp until the day after that three-game Hub City Showcase. It's more like Glotov appeared in one of two exhibitions and now waits three weeks for the next two due to scheduling.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Nice shot. Skipping to 2:12 will get you there safely:
http://theqmjhl.ca/video/sept-29-screaming-eagles-8-islanders-3
I'll just make this easy .. Glotov made it 8-3 with under two minutes to play:

TerribleHeavenlyEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restricted.gif

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Hasn't really been a very impactful player thus far from what I've seen, hoping he gains some confidence as the season progresses, with him being 19 I was expecting a little bit more, typically 19 year olds have a pretty easy time generating offense on their own in the Q and from what I read here I was thinking he was mostly an offense first kinda guy but thus far... not much to be said, looks invisible most nights to be honest with you guys.

It looks like Dubois will be back here soon so maybe they'll develop some chemistry.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
3 points in last 2 games, 4-16 on the season 20 points in 20 games. He is starting to look good now that he has adjusted to the North American playing style

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Took a look at past drafts, 4-5 out of 30 players drafted in the 7th round have an NHL career, so about a 15% chance. From my cursory look it appears defensemen have better odds.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Anyone have an update on this guy? According to EliteProspects he's 10/31/41 in 46 games and a +4. Nearly a ppg player.

Around draft time I remember him being really small -- even for a 19 year old. Probably a long shot to make the NHL but he definitely has a personality. I'm rooting for him.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Nova Scotia license.

Good for him. Cape Breton is a ***** to drive through. Learning there, especially in the winter, must've been brutal.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/glotov-crossroads-heading-2017-18-season

Buffalo Sabres forward Vasily Glotov is in a bit of a pickle heading into the 2017-18 season.

The second of Buffalo's seventh round picks (190th overall) in the 2016 NHL Draft is without a team to play for after spending last season with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

"I don't have any contracts right now," Glotov said following his session in Day 2 of development camp at HarborCenter. "I'm going to talk to Buffalo [about] what they want [and] where they want to see me play. So we'll see."

Glotov came to North America for the first time last season after spending his youth hockey days playing in Russia. In his first season, he ended up scoring 15 goals and putting up 50 points in 64 games for the Screaming Eagles.Glotov also added four assists in eleven games in the playoffs. It was not a bad season for a 19-year old who had never played hockey on the smaller rinks in North America.

"It was a hard [first] couple of months," Glotov said. "It was a different type of hockey, different mentality, and I was far away from home. But later, I was feeling good."

"I'm feeling a lot more comfortable. My confidence is a lot higher, and I'm just feeling pretty good now."

After making some impressions during last year's development camp, the 5' 11" and 158-pound forward has continued to bring his A-game with his speed and skill this year. Glotov provides a good set of hands, and can put up good points and production despite the lack of size.

The Sabres could offer Glotov an entry-level contract where he'd be eligible to start playing in the Sabres organization. However, Glotov is going to continue to work through the last two days at development camp and beyond with the hopes of landing somewhere.

"I'm gonna work hard, that's the number one point, and I'm gonna do my best to make a NHL roster."

If the Sabres do offer Glotov an entry-level deal, he could start playing in the American Hockey League with the Rochester Americans or in the East Coast Hockey League with the Cincinnati Cyclones. He will need to build up some size and physical strength before having a chance to play in the NHL with the Sabres.

Other options for Glotov include trying to find another team to play for in the Canadian Hockey League as an over-ager, or he could return to Europe and try to sign on with a professional club. Even if the Sabres do not sign Glotov to an entry-level contract this year, the team will continue to own his rights.

Interview in the link.

I hope they sign him to an NHL/AHL deal and assign him to Rochester. He can start in Cincinnati if he has to. He definitely has hands and can skate and his attitude is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad