Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm really pulling for this kid to make it to the show. Not necessarily because of the story either.

The kid has some real skill, and looks like he may possess one of those driven mindsets to practice all the time.

sabres19892

Jul 5, 2007
He would have to start in Cincinnati. Well below a PPG in the Q as an overager is not impressive.

I don't disagree with this. However I still think 50 in 64 is pretty impressive from someone who just came to North America.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He would have to start in Cincinnati. Well below a PPG in the Q as an overager is not impressive.

He was only 19 last year, not an overager. It was also his draft+1 season. In their respective first season after the draft Bailey put up 43 in 54.

Two bad his age would make him an overager. AHL is probably the best bet for him, with, as you said, ECHL if he doesn't make the team.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Not sure his chance for NHL potential, but he is the kind of player that is exciting to watch and should definitely be kept in the system for a while to help answer that question. He looked great in camp. He looks much better than Cornel and Karabacek ever have to me.

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Not sure his chance for NHL potential, but he is the kind of player that is exciting to watch and should definitely be kept in the system for a while to help answer that question. He looked great in camp. He looks much better than Cornel and Karabacek ever have to me.

I thought Cornel looked surprisingly good out there today. Karabacek has Bailey's lack of finish without half of his speed.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sounds like the USHL is a possibility unless a CHL team wants to double up on their import/overager:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sounds like the USHL is a possibility unless a CHL team wants to double up on their import/overager:

Contract next season? Hopefully that does mean he's on the Sabres radar to be signed. Ton of potential.

I foresee a lot of signings next year:

Glotov hagel asplund borgen pu and possibly more. Budik willman and osmanski will be up for decisions too

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Wouldn't that start his ELC? We would want as much control time possible with this kind of prospect.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
If he can't find another CHL team then I think his best option is th USHL. He's not ready for the AHL or ECHL. A European team would be another option. Quite honestly, don"t know how that works, but I know Matthews signed in Suisse. Who knows?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
It would be great to have an OHL team, need a 5,000 seat building. Draping off upper bowl of Keybank Center is an option but it sucks for atmosphere. Erie Otters sold for $7M, pocket change for Pegula.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It would be great to have an OHL team, need a 5,000 seat building. Draping off upper bowl of Keybank Center is an option but it sucks for atmosphere. Erie Otters sold for $7M, pocket change for Pegula.

I wonder how hard it would be to add an upper bowl to Harbor Center.

Deleted member 27798

This is another reason why Buffalo should get an OHL team right in the city. It's an important part of the minor-league pipeline that we're missing.

How is it an "important" part of the pipeline? Do you think we would have an OHL team with nothing but Sabres draft picks?

Oh by the way...where is the OHL team going to play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad