Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Coming back around to Glotov, hopefully they can find him a CHL home for this upcoming season. There are definitely skills there, getting him into a role against his peer group and in a North American style would be great for his progression. He's hard to not like as a person, it would be fun to see him succeed here as a player too.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Coming back around to Glotov, hopefully they can find him a CHL home for this upcoming season. There are definitely skills there, getting him into a role against his peer group and in a North American style would be great for his progression. He's hard to not like as a person, it would be fun to see him succeed here as a player too.

He played in the Q last season

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Cape Breton is not bringing him back as an overager, so he needs to find a new place to play. It seems like staying in the CHL would be best in the near-term.

I'd prefer the OHL over the USHL and anything in North America is preferable to overseas.

There has to be some team in need of the kind of game Glotov brings that makes him worth the slot. I wonder how involved the Sabres could be in finding that for him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd prefer the OHL over the USHL and anything in North America is preferable to overseas.

There has to be some team in need of the kind of game Glotov brings that makes him worth the slot. I wonder how involved the Sabres could be in finding that for him.

I would imagine they would be working the phones a bit after taking a look at teams' current rosters to see if they can find an opening that satisfies both an import and an overager slot.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Even if he became "just" a solid #5/6 NHLer ... that would be wildly successful. I hope he at least gets to that point in his career.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Why the heck did I think he was a Dman :facepalm:

Well you get my point nonetheless. Thanks for pointing that out.

Okay, I thought I was the one going crazy. I do get your point. Being a 4th liner, shoot being at worst a 2nd liner in the AHL, for a 7th Rounder is okay in my books. Anything above that and it's a great steal.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
He was traded today within the Q. He will be playing with Shawinigan in 17-18.

:handclap:

I prefer this to him going back to Russia. To me it says something he hung in there waiting for an opportunity in North America.

We'll see him in the Prospects Tournament! Even if it's on a Devils YouTube video. :(

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@steveturcotte - Les Cataractes obtiennent Vasily Glotov des Screaming Eagles en retour d'un choix de 5e ronde en 2019. Euro de 20 ans.

Cataracts get Vasily Glotov of the Screaming Eagles in return for a 5th round pick in 2019. 20 euro.

@SabresProspects - Vasily Glotov will stay in the QMJHL this season as he has been dealt to Shawinigan #Sabres

Screaming Eagles @CBSEHockey - http://capebretoneagles.com/article/screaming-eagles-trade-glotov-to-cataractes

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles have traded forward Vasily Glotov (1997-09-04) to the Shawinigan Cataractes.
In exchange for Glotov, the Screaming Eagles will receive Shawinigan’s fifth round draft choice in 2019.
Glotov was selected by Cape Breton with the 36th choice in the 2016 CHL Import Draft, and collected 50 points in 64 games with the Screaming Eagles.

With the trade of Glotov, Cape Breton now holds the rights to the maximum two import players:
Rookie forward Yegor Sokolov (2000-06-07) and second year defenseman Leon Gawanke (1999-05-31), who is a draft pick of the Winnipeg Jets.

Last edited:

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Glad to see he has found a home in the Q for this season. Clearly it was his best option to grow his game in NA. Does anyone know if the Sabres play a role in a placement of this type or is it purely the player and his agent?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Him going back to the Q will be great for his development , just because he will be an overager means nothing . The kid still has a very bright future. He would of had no ice time in the AHL, The QMJHL allows him to get lots of ice time and hopefully score at over a point per game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad