Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
Damn, 150 lbs? Hopefully he hits the weight room this year
159 lbs now if you believe to eliteprospects. But it could be a bit inflated I suppose.
He reminds me of Panarin a lot so I don't think his size is gonna be serious problem. But he's gonna need some pro experience first. Vasily would be allowed to play in AHL after this season though so he'll be fine.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Listed at 5'10 150lbs according to Eagles training camp as well, going to be seeing him play for the first time tonight in preseason action against a very weak mooseheads roster, will post some thoughts after. :)

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Highlights. Vasily scores at roughly 43 seconds in

Thanks for sharing! His assist starts exactly at 1:08. He's at the point on the power play, he spins and shoots it from the top of the circle, the forward in front of the net finds the puck through the mess and roofs it from in tight.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I was at the game last night. Glotov was by far the best player on the ice, for whatever that's worth. He's small but didn't look quite as small as he's listed. He's crafty. I was standing right behind the net and a couple of his shots took me off guard. Quick release and great shot selection. He had great poise too. It was fun watching him on the power play. He totally dictated the pace whenever he was on the ice.

kingofQueens

Jun 8, 2016
Queens, NY
I was at the game last night. Glotov was by far the best player on the ice, for whatever that's worth. He's small but didn't look quite as small as he's listed. He's crafty. I was standing right behind the net and a couple of his shots took me off guard. Quick release and great shot selection. He had great poise too. It was fun watching him on the power play. He totally dictated the pace whenever he was on the ice.

Thanks for sharing that info. I look forward to hearing more updates regarding Glotov as the season progresses!

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Did anyone that saw his game know if he was carrying the puck out of the zone like in this video? He's definitely got a high motor.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
How many other teams in the NHL do you think knew about this kid? I know it's insanely premature but I can't help get excited about this kid.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
TBH, I would have been a little surprised had Glotov not stood out with the opening exhibition lineups being what they were. As an import formerly among the MHL scoring leaders, Glotov was the best skater listed in either lineup, as Halifax and Cape Breton didn't really dress anyone else of QMJHL note IMO. Maybe he sees stronger opposition on Friday at Saint John with that being a home opener for the Sea Dogs, maybe not.

I'm not mentioning that to rain on a solid outing, but I feel it should be mentioned for context. I did like to see that he took the bulk of the faceoffs (won 17 of 29 or 58%) in addition to the 1+1 and 3 SOG.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
How many other teams in the NHL do you think knew about this kid? I know it's insanely premature but I can't help get excited about this kid.
I'm sure most if not all teams knew about him, especially with those Youtube videos and him making one of the U20 camps. Plus he had already agreed to join CB before the draft, so if they knew of him I'm sure NHL teams did as well. But being small-ish, overaged and playing Russian junior hockey will scare away many teams even though he's obviously very talented. And who knows, there were still 21 picks left in the 7th round so teams might have been thinking of picking him. And also, if BUF was super high on him would they have waited until the 7th round? So they probably had some doubts as well.

I know for a fact the Wings had seen him several times in the past few years, and it pisses me off that they didn't pick him :laugh:

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005

FWIW, Central Scouting had him ranked 58th in their final draft rankings of European skaters.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
TBH, I would have been a little surprised had Glotov not stood out with the opening exhibition lineups being what they were. As an import formerly among the MHL scoring leaders, Glotov was the best skater listed in either lineup, as Halifax and Cape Breton didn't really dress anyone else of QMJHL note IMO. Maybe he sees stronger opposition on Friday at Saint John with that being a home opener for the Sea Dogs, maybe not.

I'm not mentioning that to rain on a solid outing, but I feel it should be mentioned for context. I did like to see that he took the bulk of the faceoffs (won 17 of 29 or 58%) in addition to the 1+1 and 3 SOG.
Glotov is not in the lineup tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad