Confirmed with Link: Vanek agrees to 1-year deal

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Why couldn't they take a gamble on somebody like Pirri, who might actually have some upside still? Why does it have to be trash well past their prime?

He had 40 and 50 points last two years, or are u complaining for the sake of it again?

He's soft but should be motivated for one year.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
1 yr insurance forward - kids will really need to show up or get their playing time in GRG

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I like 1 yr deals. Maybe we get some assets for him at the deadline.

He'll probably score against Boston.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
This signing does nothing but block Mantha/AA from NHL progression.

Sounds like a Holland move.

>>this smells like a precursor to a quantity for quality package trade for a D-Man...OR, Kenny has completely lost it & think's its 2003.

what else could this be?

decent Top 9, but no elite #1C nor #1 L/R wing

Z
Nielsen
Larkin
Nyquist
Tatar
Abby
Sheahan
Vanek
Helm
--------
Glen
Miller
>>>>> AA ? Mantha ?
-------
Jurco
Pulkkinen
------------------------------
Bertuzzi ? out of options?
Frk? out of options?

I feel like maybe AA/Mantha + Jurco/Pulk + Frk/Bert & Smith/XO + pick will be moved, just way too many bodies up front otherwise. I'd like to see what XO can do, but we know Big E is untradeable & Kronwall may bounce back to be a #3 after fully healing...so we'll have THREE, number #3 defensemen (DD, Green & Kronner) & FOUR #5/6's (Marchy, XO, Big E & Smith)

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'm disappointed by the approval of this.

I was ready to go full steam ahead with Fire Holland

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
He had 40 and 50 points last two years, or are u complaining for the sake of it again?

He's soft but should be motivated for one year.

The whole team is soft. Richards was coming off 40 and 50 point years and look what happened there.... Just another silly Holland panic signing for the sake of signing.

taylorjonl

Jul 3, 2015
Sandy, Utah
>>this smells like a precursor to a quantity for quality package trade for a D-Man...OR, Kenny has completely lost it & think's its 2003.

what else could this be?

decent Top 9, but no elite #1C nor #1 L/R wing

Z
Nielsen
Larkin
Nyquist
Tatar
Abby
Sheahan
Vanek
Helm

Glen
Miller
Jurco
-------
Pulkkinen

Bertuzzi ? out of options?
Frk? out of options?

Bertuzzi isn't close to out of options, he just started in the AHL last year, right?

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
The whole team is soft. Richards was coming off 40 and 50 point years and look what happened there.... Just another silly Holland panic signing for the sake of signing.

Except from the looks of it Vanek can still contribute on the pp.

Richards, despite that I like him, was a bad fit for the team. Vanek is kinda like Franzen. We need a big-erish scoring foward on ths pp.

Vanek could address that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad