Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Yup, rude.
I'm no snowflake, but I find both sekeres and price rude and overbearing. In dismissing their guests, sekeres says "WE'RE OUT OF TIME", and "30 SECONDS, RAY", bowing down to their overlords, the sponsors. They constantly interrupt their guests in mid-sentence, argue and dismiss callers, and fight with each other in embarassing schoolyard-like fashion. I have no interest in what either of them have to say, I only switch to 1040 when I think they have an interesting guest on air. They could learn a ton of graciousness from a pro like Sat over on 650.
Rude why? Because people who think they know a lot about hockey call in and say stupid stuff and get called on their own bullshit? Please, you don't know rude.

Vancouver has the softest media I know. In Brazil, the football team was torched after a win because they played like crap. In Portugal ,if you play like crap, people notice and write about it. In Germany , Bayern is comfortable leading but the newspapers destroyed Bayern's team after the defeat against Leipzig. In France, PSG was obliterated after losing to Real Madrid without their best player, Neymar. Go check what real sports journalists are, not crappy management mouths like IMac and Walker.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Just listened to the latest Pat-Cast. Man am i starting to get annoyed by Paterson. Botch preaches the truth, love him. But Paterson has become just noise, pure static.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yup, rude.
I'm no snowflake, but I find both sekeres and price rude and overbearing. In dismissing their guests, sekeres says "WE'RE OUT OF TIME", and "30 SECONDS, RAY", bowing down to their overlords, the sponsors. They constantly interrupt their guests in mid-sentence, argue and dismiss callers, and fight with each other in embarassing schoolyard-like fashion. I have no interest in what either of them have to say, I only switch to 1040 when I think they have an interesting guest on air. They could learn a ton of graciousness from a pro like Sat over on 650.

Sekeres has this weird obsession with the clock and being on time, yet constantly puts himself in situations where he is up against the breaks. It's extremely distracting and annoying.

Reactions: cabinessence

member 290103

Just listened to the latest Pat-Cast. Man am i starting to get annoyed by Paterson. Botch preaches the truth, love him. But Paterson has become just noise, pure static.

I have to agree. I get it why people around here like him - he doesn't pull any punches about how shitty the Canucks are, but he's just not got the voice or mannerism to carry himself on radio.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I have to agree. I get it why people around here like him - he doesn't pull any punches about how ****ty the Canucks are, but he's just not got the voice or mannerism to carry himself on radio.
Im not even talking about that. Its just that he just goes on these long *** rants about how he traveled, what he ate, what he did etc. Anyone who would talk bout themselves that way is just unbearable and irritating.
As for the talking bout the Nucks, doesn't seem hes that interested tbh. When Botch talks, you can hear the heart speaking, sort of.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Haha, he is on every team 1040 shows now, may be that is why :popcorn:

member 290103

Im not even talking about that. Its just that he just goes on these long *** rants about how he traveled, what he ate, what he did etc. Anyone who would talk bout themselves that way is just unbearable and irritating.
As for the talking bout the Nucks, doesn't seem hes that interested tbh. When Botch talks, you can hear the heart speaking, sort of.

It's because he is full of himself now. I mean, Botch dedicated a segment in almost every Provies last year to talk about how awesome he though "JPat" was.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I think the 1040 hosts deserve part of the blame though. They ask Their guests about what is going on in their lives. Even Ferraro goes on a while about what he has been up to cause he was asked. Granted, Ferraro usually has a sports story to tell.

I think they all become annoying after a while if you constantly hear them and they aren't really inciteful. With Botchford I think he mostly just parrots the fans. Not a whole lot of personal insight.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I think the 1040 hosts deserve part of the blame though. They ask Their guests about what is going on in their lives. Even Ferraro goes on a while about what he has been up to cause he was asked. Granted, Ferraro usually has a sports story to tell.

I think they all become annoying after a while if you constantly hear them and they aren't really inciteful. With Botchford I think he mostly just parrots the fans. Not a whole lot of personal insight.
I could listen to Ray for days, probably for the reason you pointed out. Plus, the fact that i find myself agreeing with his views and opinions a lot.
A part of it is just me, i guess. Im the type of guy who, for the most part, just wants his sports.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
H+B need to be called out for their attempt to stir up a coaching controversy yesterday when it does not exist. Makes a poll for who deserves the blame for the season. Coach gets like no votes. They decide that because we're so bad, that that cant be right and in fact the coach does deserve some blame for something, and spends the rest of their show trying to figure out what that is and whom agrees with them.

The lack of quality content on our sports radio stations is a joke. Outside of Sekeres Price and Auld, it's a barren wasteland of talent. A bunch of weather forecasters and professional voices that like to listen to themselves talk yet clearly have no in depth knowledge of the sports they cover. Sad.

Forget negativity Elliotte, try intolerable.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Darling already out at 650. Pretty sure I said he wouldn't last the season.

What a terrible hire.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Darling already out at 650. Pretty sure I said he wouldn't last the season.

What a terrible hire.
When did that happen?!

I feel bad for him but he just doesn't have what it takes for sports radio

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
H+B need to be called out for their attempt to stir up a coaching controversy yesterday when it does not exist. Makes a poll for who deserves the blame for the season. Coach gets like no votes. They decide that because we're so bad, that that cant be right and in fact the coach does deserve some blame for something, and spends the rest of their show trying to figure out what that is and whom agrees with them.

The lack of quality content on our sports radio stations is a joke. Outside of Sekeres Price and Auld, it's a barren wasteland of talent. A bunch of weather forecasters and professional voices that like to listen to themselves talk yet clearly have no in depth knowledge of the sports they cover. Sad.

Forget negativity Elliotte, try intolerable.
I think most of them just believe "it is what it is"; managements are idiots. They picked other things to complaint.

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
Hmm....interesting:

I have announced this morning that I am leaving @Sportsnet650 I have accepted another offer and you will be seeing me soon.. Thank you to my friends at the radio station and for our listeners.. Will have more on the next stage in april.. thank you thank you

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hmm....interesting:

I have announced this morning that I am leaving @Sportsnet650 I have accepted another offer and you will be seeing me soon.. Thank you to my friends at the radio station and for our listeners.. Will have more on the next stage in april.. thank you thank you

What were the ratings between the morning shows? Had a full season to compare results.

I agree darling wasn’t great on radio. Not smooth.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Hmm....interesting:

Is that Steve Darling? Good cause he was absolutely terrible. Like brutal thoughts on hockey. It was unbearable.

Reactions: VanillaCoke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad