Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I can only stand to listen to Sat, the rest I can't stand and while Retirement Home Radio is playing on 1040 from 12-2 I'll watch twitch or listen to CBC at work.
CKNW is fine too. I listen to CKNW before 9 and between 12~3.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Who are these intermission plugs? Walker and Imac? Can't we get somebody like Ray Ferraro who actually has played the sport and knows what he is talking about?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Who are these intermission plugs? Walker and Imac? Can't we get somebody like Ray Ferraro who actually has played the sport and knows what he is talking about?

Ferraro works for tsn so we're stuck with the sportsnet guys.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
The canucks broadcast crew tonight and the post game show on the radio were the worst I have ever heard. They sounded like students who had smoked too much Indica. What the hell is this? My god.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I don't consume very much local sports media anymore (part of the problem is no radio reception down here in Horseshoe Bay) but Jimbo isn't very happy with what he's hearing these days by the look of it:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Outside of JPat nobody holds the coach accountable. Immediately after TG saying “that’s a good team over there (referring to Arizona) SOMEONE in the media has to ask

“if they are a good team, who is a bad team to you? They are 44 points (and likely to be 55 points by years end) away from top in the west and they have currently 0 twenty goal scorers.”

But nobody does. Listening to TG think we are all idiots is irritating.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
The other day I was listening to the kurtenbloggers at 9am, and they had a great moment on air. They read an e-mail or letter someone sent in asking them to cut it with the doom and gloom, saying they should only be positive because sports radio is for entertainment.

Their response was something like, "We're not going to deny reality."

They then went on to give some positive examples, such as Pettersson and a couple others. But they weren't going to put their head in the sand about things that could be better.

Reactions: SgtToody

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Until a reporter asks for a definition of "the right way" (watch Linden's opening press conferences and Sedin interviews around that time to see/how how many times they dropped that) or to name the consultant who sold them that slogan, I will not be impressed with this media.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Until a reporter asks for a definition of "the right way" (watch Linden's opening press conferences and Sedin interviews around that time to see/how how many times they dropped that) or to name the consultant who sold them that slogan, I will not be impressed with this media.

Who cares. You don't need to be impressed with "this media." And it's all just cliches. Why bother challenging them? They are going to give some answer that you think is BS and move on to another question. Sure, ask away. Good question. But so what?

We don't have too many local media sports guys here who presents themselves as respected journalists who you can trust. Most of them are either here to entertain or be controversial.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Who cares. You don't need to be impressed with "this media." And it's all just cliches. Why bother challenging them? They are going to give some answer that you think is BS and move on to another question. Sure, ask away. Good question. But so what?

We don't have too many local media sports guys here who presents themselves as respected journalists who you can trust. Most of them are either here to entertain or be controversial.
And they can’t even manage that.

Reactions: cabinessence

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Honestly I want to life in a world where a Bayern media take over for like a month. Just so that Vancouver can experience what a actual aggressive media looks like.

Media are watchdogs. In Vancouver we have corgis in Europe they have bulldogs.

I still cannot get over the fact that anyone would believe the media or the fanbase is being to harsh to the team. We have had 0 jersey tosses, 0 chants against the team. Yet somehow, its a toxic enviroment. What a bunch of babies.

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
Rude to guests?

I think the hate for anything Vancouver-media based gets out of hand around here sometimes.

Yup, rude.
I'm no snowflake, but I find both sekeres and price rude and overbearing. In dismissing their guests, sekeres says "WE'RE OUT OF TIME", and "30 SECONDS, RAY", bowing down to their overlords, the sponsors. They constantly interrupt their guests in mid-sentence, argue and dismiss callers, and fight with each other in embarassing schoolyard-like fashion. I have no interest in what either of them have to say, I only switch to 1040 when I think they have an interesting guest on air. They could learn a ton of graciousness from a pro like Sat over on 650.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad