Speculation: Vancouver offer for Subban

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
And Weber was one of our best players last spring...
He'll be 33 next year though. By the time we have a good team again he'll be more than likely a defensive only minded dman and like Boston we will have to find our own McAvoy. It's not a bad trade because of skills it's a bad trade because of age and the needs this team had. Last thing we needed was a defensive upgrade. We needed to add offense. We still need to add offense. Despite Weber being injured and Price having an underwhelming season our defense still rank better (24th) than our offense (29th). It's not even sad anymore at this point it's better to laugh at it.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's 33 though. By the time we have a good team again he'll be more than likely a defensive only minded dman and like Boston we will have to find our own McAvoy. It's not a bad trade because of skills it's a bad trade because of age and the needs this team had. Last thing we needed was a defensive upgrade. We needed to add offense. We still need to add offense. Despite Weber being injured and Price having an underwhelming season our defense still rank better than our offense. It's not even sad anymore at this point it's better to laugh at it.

The way Weber generates his points I can definitely see him being effective for quite a while.

I mean as long as he can rip that puck he will score.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Subban could win the Norris, Con Smythe and the Stanley cup and people would still say Weber is better.

I'm not seeing a lot of people around here who are saying that Weber is better than PK but I see a lot of people trying to tell us that Weber is not very good and that the trade was a complete fleecing.

And this is complete BS and exaggeration, to be honest this trade should be judged when those two are retired.

Weber had a strong start this year even if the team struggled and after we acknowledged that he was playing injured since the first game... I mean , the guy delivers since being here. Why the hate?

The first unit power play, where Weber has most of his offensive value, is better with Petry on it rather than Weber.

Just saying.

They didn't figure it out yet when Weber was there, the team struggled.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The way Weber generates his points I can definitely see him being effective for quite a while.

I mean as long as he can rip that puck he will score.

Why? He's like Chara. Last 40 points season by Chara was 4 years ago when he was 36.

Since Chara turned 36 he has 139 points in 341 games so a pace of 33 points every 82 games.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Why? He's like Chara. Last 40 points season by Chara was 4 years ago when he was 36.

Since Chara turned 36 he has 139 points in 341 games so a pace of 33 points every 82 games.

Well that gives us 4 more years? What's the problem?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not seeing a lot of people around here who are saying that Weber is better than PK but I see a lot of people trying to tell us that Weber is not very good and that the trade was a complete fleecing.

And this is complete BS and exaggeration, to be honest this trade should be judged when those two are retired.

Weber had a strong start this year even if the team struggled and after we acknowledged that he was playing injured since the first game... I mean , the guy delivers since being here. Why the hate?

They didn't figure it out yet when Weber was there, the team struggled.
Weber is a #1dman, but people are mad because Subban is literally better at everything besides his shot.

Reactions: optimus2861

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Weber is a #1dman, but people are mad because Subban is literally better at everything besides his shot.

People are mad because they chose to be mad.

Weber is a better defender than PK, stop the madness.

Barring injuries we would have around 6 to 8 years with Subban.

Weber is locked, PK will have to be renegotiated.

And honestly, when you look at them there's a higher risk that PK declines before Weber!

Weber is barely relying on his skating, PK is a dynamic rusher...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Is Subban leading his team in PPG?

Nope but he would be in Montreal. Guaranteed.

At no point in the last 5 years has Weber been superior to Subban offensively, and he’s no longer even better defensively.

Nice to see you back after a win, BTW.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
People are mad because they chose to be mad.

Weber is a better defender than PK, stop the madness.

Weber is locked, PK will have to be renegotiated.

And honestly, when you look at them there's a higher risk that PK declines before Weber!

Weber is barely relying on his skating, PK is a dynamic rusher...
There is absolutely nothing that weber is better than subban at. You laughed at Subbans lack of scoring goals and he is right up there. Pk has to be resigned, he won't be signed until he is 40. Subban plays a game that is best suited for the current NHL.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Nope but he would be in Montreal. Guaranteed.

At no point in the last 5 years has Weber been superior to Subban offensively, and he’s no longer even better defensively.

Nice to see you back after a win, BTW.

Did anyone ever on this whole planet said that Weber was better offensively than PK?

Why even bring that point?

And you base your defensive evaluation on what?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
There is absolutely nothing that weber is better than subban at. You laughed at Subbans lack of scoring goals and he is right up there. Pk has to be resigned, he won't be signed until he is 40. Subban plays a game that is best suited for the current NHL.

Hey man, I'm not even hating PK, I loved him when he was a Hab, I just don't get this player over club love... WTF? Are you a Habs fan or a PK fan?

Weber gets hated not because he sucks but because he apparently is not as good as the God PK! So dumb...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hey man, I'm not even hating PK, I loved him when he was a Hab, I just don't get this player over club love... WTF? Are you a Habs fan or a PK fan?

Weber gets hated not because he sucks but because he apparently is not as good as the God PK! So dumb...
He isn't as good as PK. You cant name me a single thing besides his shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00