Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
How did Lindholm look yesterday?

Is he starting to gel and improve with the team?

High price to pay so far.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think the truth is that the Flames wanted to do a retool and Lindholm didn't want to play on a losing team, so it made mutual sense to move on from each other

Reactions: HockeyWooot

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I love fans of other teams in here bring this thread up again and again.

Everyone so full of desire to get instant analysis on winners and losers, to rub posters faces in it, be it flames fans or Canucks fans. The Flames got a box of magic beans and a player that was struggling in Kuzmenko. We are going to have to wait for 4-5 years to find out if those beans were any good or not. Vancouver got a player who had been struggling and hasn’t yet found form. Every single news outer had him on or near the top of the list of available players. Now we have a bunch of go getters on here trying to prove how smart they are and how they would have done it differently. HaHaHa it’s all easy with no stake in the game and no one to hold you accountable when your wrong.

Anyhow, they were on a long road trip when we had acquired with 10 games in 17 nights and the whole team has slumped. Yes he has been underwealming, bur the coaching staff keeps talking about how he is doing the right things. Tocchet hasn’t been a guy that says a bunch of Bs and has been honest about players play. So let’s take a breath and give it some time.

Your gonna get a chance for a gotcha moment in time… I promise.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I think the truth is that the Flames wanted to do a retool and Lindholm didn't want to play on a losing team, so it made mutual sense to move on from each other
I’m not sure too many posters would disagree with that sentiment.

That being said, seeing as he was moved for significant assets, the question now is was it worth it?

Don’t think that question can be fully answered until the playoffs, but if the team doesn’t re-sign him, it is a pretty expensive rental.

I love fans of other teams in here bring this thread up again and again.

Everyone so full of desire to get instant analysis on winners and losers, to rub posters faces in it, be it flames fans or Canucks fans. The Flames got a box of magic beans and a player that was struggling in Kuzmenko. We are going to have to wait for 4-5 years to find out if those beans were any good or not. Vancouver got a player who had been struggling and hasn’t yet found form. Every single news outer had him on or near the top of the list of available players. Now we have a bunch of go getters on here trying to prove how smart they are and how they would have done it differently. HaHaHa it’s all easy with no stake in the game and no one to hold you accountable when your wrong.

Anyhow, they were on a long road trip when we had acquired with 10 games in 17 nights and the whole team has slumped. Yes he has been underwealming, bur the coaching staff keeps talking about how he is doing the right things. Tocchet hasn’t been a guy that says a bunch of Bs and has been honest about players play. So let’s take a breath and give it some time.

You’re gonna get a chance for a gotcha moment in time… I promise.
This seems like a sensitive topic for you.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Bingo. Calgary is a fantastic city. Probably my second favourite in Canada after Victoria. Anyone trashing Calgary has simply never been there.

Also, Lindholm is from Sweden, so it’s not like the cold is unfamiliar to him.
How the super rich feel about Calgary vs. how an average person does is not really comparable.

Calgary is a nice city. But living in Edmonton, Calgary, and now in Europe, I wouldn't go back.

Of course, that's just me.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That being said, seeing as he was moved for significant assets, the question now is was it worth it?
As a Flames fan? Yes, absolutely, and I say this as someone who would welcome him back on July 1 (not that I expect that to happen).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lindholm wasn't acquired for the regular season, the Canucks acquired him early to help get him acclimated and for him to provide depth and versatility in the playoffs.

Reminds me of when Carolina acquired Doug Weight early in the 05/06 season. His numbers didn't jump out at you, but allowing him to center a 3rd line with Ray Whitney and Matt Cullen was crucial depth the team needed.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
He stinks.

Allvin and JR should be shopping him around to bring in another potential fit or recoup assets and use those assets for another swing.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I’m not sure too many posters would disagree with that sentiment.

Don’t think that question can be fully answered until the playoffs, but if the team doesn’t re-sign him, it is a pretty expensive rental.

This seems like a sensitive topic for you.
Mental health of men who need to express views in a format of conflict on message boards because they don’t have enough control and feel inadequate is something I do care about. I do kind of funny, but more I find it sad. Like, it’s literally a game and here you are trying to get a reaction.

So, I’m going to ask.. are you okay… if not DM me and I will help you find a phone number to get you the support you need.

• Haha
Reactions: Tuggy

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Mental health of men who need to express views in a format of conflict on message boards because they don’t have enough control and feel inadequate is something I do care about. I do kind of funny, but more I find it sad. Like, it’s literally a game and here you are trying to get a reaction.

So, I’m going to ask.. are you okay… if not DM me and I will help you find a phone number to get you the support you need.
You’re the one getting worked up by some pretty innocent posts. Perhaps you are the one who needs an outlet? Crying about a “reaction” and then giving said reaction might not be the right response to said trolls.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

The reaction to “how is lindholm doing” is weird. Whatever you’ve interpreted as conflict or a provocative post is definitely created by your interpretation. Apologies for the confusion!

Moving back to the thread topic, and away from amateur backyard Yukon psychiatry, how have you liked lindholms play and what are your thoughts on the trade so far?

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
The reaction to “how is lindholm doing” is weird. Whatever you’ve interpreted as conflict or a provocative post is definitely created by your interpretation. Apologies for the confusion!

Moving back to the thread topic, and away from amateur backyard Yukon psychiatry, how have you liked lindholms play and what are your thoughts on the trade so far?
I think he needs to find ways to add points, his defensive play has been okay to good, but he is needed to solidify the top 6.

I’m okay with the trade even if he doesn’t work out. A last first in an okay draft, a fourth (I don’t value highly) a prospect that the team was about to give up on, and a prospect jn Bruz that has potential but is very boom bust. It can’t be forgotten that Kuzmenko was having a tough year and had hamstrung us with the cap and the cost of moving those type of players with term has traditionally been a first. So lets Say that Bruz and a fourth for Kuz and a first and a nothing prospect for Lindholm. I make that trade all day every day. Doesn’t make it work out and this one is in doubt.

I do think that a small chance exists that they flip him at the deadline, it would be a totally trader Jim move. Our defence can’t stay healthy and I think that has been more disruptive to our transition game ther is being discussed and is a big reason we have struggled. It has also out to much pressure on Hughes and Horonek to carry the whole group allowing easier game planning for the opposition.

But that’s just my view

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think he needs to find ways to add points, his defensive play has been okay to good, but he is needed to solidify the top 6.

I’m okay with the trade even if he doesn’t work out. A last first in an okay draft, a fourth (I don’t value highly) a prospect that the team was about to give up on, and a prospect jn Bruz that has potential but is very boom bust. It can’t be forgotten that Kuzmenko was having a tough year and had hamstrung us with the cap and the cost of moving those type of players with term has traditionally been a first. So lets Say that Bruz and a fourth for Kuz and a first and a nothing prospect for Lindholm. I make that trade all day every day. Doesn’t make it work out and this one is in doubt.

I do think that a small chance exists that they flip him at the deadline, it would be a totally trader Jim move. Our defence can’t stay healthy and I think that has been more disruptive to our transition game ther is being discussed and is a big reason we have struggled. It has also out to much pressure on Hughes and Horonek to carry the whole group allowing easier game planning for the opposition.

But that’s just my view
For what it's worth Kuzmenko has been by far our worst forward. Dryden Hunt is playing in the top 6 ahead of him. He's exactly what I said he was. The winner/loser won't be known until later. It could even be win/win. Lindholm was acquired for a playoff run. That hasn't happened yet. How we do in the trade comes down to the 1st and Brzustewicz. That would be known for 2-5 years.

Reactions: oceanchild

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
He's been good defensively and at FO.

His offensive contributions haven't been good, but it coincided with a long road trip, 10 games in 17 days, as well as injuries to fwds that have made it tough to run projected playoff lines, as well as the team generally struggling.

His line was one of the more noticeable last night, he was also 80% in FO%.

Reactions: Avaetheon

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He’s still a good player and hopefully his offence gets going soon. But he’s shooting himself in the foot financially with his inability to produce in a contract year. I had no desire for us to re-sign him when the trade happened and I still mostly don’t, but if he decides to do a show me one year deal at a cheap price then sure. But before people were talking about this guy as if he would get a JT Miller type contract (8x8) which is completely absurd for this player.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I still think he's going to get 8M easily in the offseason. Just might not be max term anymore. He left sooooo much money on the table this past offseason. Might be as much as 30M.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The irony is unless he turns it on come playoff time, this may not be all that much of an exaggeration. Probably more in the 5.5-6M range ala Klingberg's 7M with Anaheim. Either way, he's almost certainly pissed away millions if the Calgary rumours are true.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on Lindholm all of a sudden turning it up come playoff time, he's not a great playoff performer. I think if the Canucks go deep this year, move Lindholm to the 3rd line and use him purely as a shutdown center like William Karlsson last year. Having a strong third line has been such a factor in all the cup winners over the past decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad