Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
How come? I am very surprised.
I assume because the Heat are fighting for position and we are playing for nothing. Either way the Raptors getting +4.5 points at even money is really good. They can lose by 4 and your bet comes in. Or you can get +165 for them to win by 1. I'm putting some money on them for sure.

Edit: since I posted the line has moved down to 3.5 and the straight win down to +140. Must have been some heavy action on the Raps. I got the +4.5 bet in however .

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Westbrook needed 16 rebounds tonight to average a triple double on the season, again. He finished the night with 16 rebounds. :laugh:

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
59 win team and I am legit concerned we could lose in the 1st round lol. Team relied on its bench all year. Miles has been putrid this last month and Siakam doesn't seem to have the same energy anymore either. Hopefully both get it going in the playoffs. We are a great team when everybody is playing well but don't have the star power to win when our role players don't bring it.

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Raptors haven’t been historically dominant in the playoffs. So anything is possible. The home games are must wins and hopefully DD and KL rise to the occasion this year.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Raptors haven’t been historically dominant in the playoffs. So anything is possible. The home games are must wins and hopefully DD and KL rise to the occasion this year.
KL and DD have not been able to step up in the playoffs past. Unlike the truly great players, they don't seem to have an extra gear.

BUT, we're a different team this year and we've really made the "culture change" that Masai spoke about in the off season, so.... fingers crossed.

I'll be watching with an equal mix of confidence and dread....

Most teams shorten their bench in the playoffs, we can't - ours is the key to our success.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Game 1: Wizards @ Raptors, Saturday April 14th, 5:30 EST.
Game 2: Wizards @ Raptors, Tuesday April 17th, 7:00 EST.
Game 3: Raptors @ Wizards, Friday April 20th, 8:00 EST.
Game 4: Raptors @ Wizards, Sunday April 22nd, 6:00 EST.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
After clinching 1st seed and a record breaking season, we still have to face Lebron in the second round if we advance. F--- me.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I sense Miami and Washington are both delibeately trying to get the 8th seed. Regardless, if the Raptors want any respect they're going to have to punish whoever they get in Round 1...punish them hard.

I already mentioned this earlier and people scoffed at the thought they might be tanking - Wall drops 29 against the Celts and doesn't play against the Magic, and of course, they lose. Nice split and we get them in the opening round.

Also said Miami gives us fits, and no one took it seriously.

These are two teams that we definitely do not match up well against.

This is going to be a tough opening series against the Wiz.

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I already mentioned this earlier and people scoffed at the thought they might be tanking - Wall drops 29 against the Celts and doesn't play against the Magic, and of course, they lose. Nice split and we get them in the opening round.

Raptors need to sweep them. I hope they come out and punish Washington. Send a message to the rest of the teams in the playoffs.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
After clinching 1st seed and a record breaking season, we still have to face Lebron in the second round if we advance. F--- me.

If the Raptors solve LeBron in round 2, it's a one way ticket to the NBA Finals as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't matter, the Raptors can't advance to the Finals without going through Cleveland. Reminds me of the Canucks-Blackhawks series all those years ago...who's going to slay the dragon for the Raptors?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I still don't believe they were tanking to get us. Why would they want a Toronto-Cleveland bracket? They do know that if they beat us they are most likely facing Cleveland, right? They could have gotten Boston (a depleted team with no Irving) and Philly (a very good team but very green) or Milwaukee or Miami.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Wall just came back from injury and at no point did he play in back to back games. He had 3 opportunities to do so but they sat him every time.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This probably wont be an easy series, but we have should have the depth to win without much problem.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Top 5 defence. Top 5 offence. 2nd best point differential in the Association. 2nd best record in the NBA. Almost unbeatable at home. Can win on the road. What's not to like about this team?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Predictions. I say Raptors in 6.
We win the first 2 games. Take one of the games in Washington, lose game 5 then win game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad