Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Set a few nice franchise records with that.
Most wins in a season (and 3 more games to go).
Clinched the conference.
And there are still people sniping about the team.

Kyle back from his (ill timed) vacation, playing great. DD Ddistributing.
So good to see Ibaka back playing like he can. We're going to need that in the playoffs.
Now we just need CJ to get going, because we're going to need him too.

Gonna be great soon, with playoffs every night from Raps or Leafs.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
ibaka-magic756.png

Game Preview: Raptors vs. Magic | Toronto Raptors

Game Preview: Raptors vs. Magic

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: Apr 08, 2018

Orlando Magic (24-55) @ Toronto Raptors (57-22)
When: Sunday, April 8th, 6 P.M. ET
Where: Air Canada Centre
Broadcast info: SN1, TSN1050
LAST MEETING
Toronto is 2-0 against the Magic this season, picking up a 93-86 victory in Orlando in the last meeting between these two teams. The Raptors were without DeMar DeRozan, who missed the game with a thigh contusion. Kyle Lowry led the Raptors with 25 points, while Serge Ibaka scored 13 points and Delon Wright and Norm Powell each added 10 points. Though things were even throughout the first half, the Raptors trailed 76-68 heading into the fourth. The final quarter saw Toronto's bench turn up the defence, holding the Magic to just 10 points as Orlando missed their first 11 shots of the quarter. The Raptors outscored the Magic 25-10 in the fourth as Lowry sealed the victory with a three-pointer to put Toronto ahead by 11 with 1:39 to play.
LEADING INTO TONIGHT'S GAME
Injury report:
For the Raptors, the injury report is clear. For the Magic, Evan Fournier (sprained left knee), Jonathan Isaac (sprained left ankle), and Jonathan Simmons (right wrist contusion) are out. Aaron Gordon (sore right calf), Terrence Ross (sprained right MCL, non-displaced fracture of right tibial plateau), and Nikola Vucevic (low back tightness) are probable.
57 wins: The Raptors set a new franchise-record for wins in a single season when they defeated the Indiana Pacers 92-73 on Friday at the Air Canada Centre. The win moved Toronto to 57-22 on the season, breaking the previous record of 56-26, set during the 2015-16 season.
Top seed: In addition to setting a new franchise record for wins, Friday's victory also helped Toronto clinch the top seed in the Eastern Conference. This is the first time in franchise history that the Raptors will finish the regular season with the best record in their conference, and the third consecutive season it has topped 50 victories.
EXTRA ASSISTS
Hot at home:
The Raptors have the second-best home record in the NBA, at 33-7 on the Air Canada Centre floor. Only Houston has been better at home (34-7), this season. Friday's victory gave Toronto a new franchise record for wins at home, with Sunday's match up against the Magic closing out the Raptors' regular season home games this season.
Finishing strong: Dwane Casey and his team have been adamant about wanting to finish the season strong, playing solid basketball the right way. Friday's victory against the Pacers saw the Raptors hold their opponent to a season-low 73 points. Indiana shot just 29.9 percent from the floor. After Sunday's match up against the Magic, the Raptors will head out on the road to close out the regular season with games in Detroit and Miami.
Points on the board: Serge Ibaka scored a season and team-high 25 points against the Pacers. He shot 10-for-13 from the floor, and 5-for-7 from beyond the arc. When Ibaka tops 20 points, the Raptors are a perfect 8-0 this season. He is averaging 18.7 points on 58 percent shooting to go along with 8.7 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in his last three games.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hmmm still up in the air who the raps play in the first round?

Any team in particular we match up better with?
Out of the Bucks, Wizards and Heat I think they all pose serious threats. I never like the Raps against the Heat because they match up very well against them. The bucks top 3 are better than the Raps top 3. The Wizards are the team I think the raps have the best chance to beat easily but the Wizards have knocked them off before so It's hard to tell.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Out of the Bucks, Wizards and Heat I think they all pose serious threats. I never like the Raps against the Heat because they match up very well against them. The bucks top 3 are better than the Raps top 3. The Wizards are the team I think the raps have the best chance to beat easily but the Wizards have knocked them off before so It's hard to tell.
Giannis is better than anyone we have on his day but I also think we can contain him. The rest of the team doesn't worry me. That top 3 claim isn't accurate at all imo.

Heat are scrappy but they don't have the firepower to give us any real trouble. Maybe a frustrating series where they could steal a game from us. The easiest of the choices if everyone is in top form

Wizards should be an easy out the way they are playing right now and the way we defend this year but an in-form Wall/Beal combo gives us fits in a direct matchup. Thing is, that team is super dysfunctional.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
derozan-pistons756_1.jpg

Game Preview: Raptors at Pistons | Toronto Raptors

Game Preview: Raptors at Pistons

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: Apr 09, 2018

Toronto Raptors (58-22) @ Detroit Pistons (38-42)
When: Monday, April 9, 7 P.M. ET
Where: Little Caesars Arena
Broadcast info: SN1, TSN1050
LAST MEETING
Toronto's last game against the Pistons was one to remember. In Detroit, DeMar DeRozan scored 42 points to lead the Raptors to a 121-119 overtime victory. He had perhaps the dunk of the year at the end of regulation, then a killer assist at the end of overtime, finding Fred VanVleet for a corner jumper to seal the victory for the Raptors. It was a comeback win for Toronto, after trailing by 17 points in the first half. Kyle Lowry had a 15-point, 15-assist double-double, while Jonas Valanciunas also had a double-double, adding 14 points and 11 rebounds. The Pistons were led by Blake Griffin's 31 points, while Andre Drummond added 10 points and 21 rebounds.
LEADING INTO TONIGHT'S GAME
Injury report:
For the Raptors, the injury report is TBD. Lucas Nogueira left Sunday's game with a sore hamstring and did not return, while Fred VanVleet left Sunday's game, because of back tightness. Norman Powell briefly left Sunday's game with a sprained ankle, but did return. Each of their availabilities against the Pistons are unknown. For the Pistons, Reggie Bullock (left knee swelling), Blake Griffin (bone bruise, right ankle), and Jon Leuer (left ankle surgery) are out.
Finished at home: Toronto closed out its final regular season home game with a 112-101 victory against the Orlando Magic on Sunday. The win moved the team to 58-22 on the season, and 34-7 at home, both newly set franchise-records for wins in a season, and wins at home. The 34-7 home record ties the Raptors with the Houston Rockets for best home record in the season.
Back-to-back: Monday's game will be the team's final back-to-back of the season, with the team heading to Detroit immediately after defeating the Magic at home. Detroit will also be on a back-to-back, following a 130-117 road loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.
EXTRA ASSISTS
Final trip:
With their regular-season home schedule finished, the Raptors will play their final two games of the regular season on the road. After facing the Pistons, the Raptors will head to Miami to close out the regular season against the Heat on Wednesday night. Toronto has already clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
Lineup switch-up: Though Dwane Casey is not a fan of sitting players for extended rest once a playoff position is locked in, he did elect to rest DeMar DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas on Sunday against the Magic. With two starters sitting, Lucas Nogueira and Norman Powell slid into the starting five, though Nogueira played just six minutes before leaving with a sore hamstring. With Fred VanVleet also leaving the game because of back tightness, the goal will be getting guys healthy before the postseason tips off on the weekend.
Career-high: Dwane Casey has praised rookie OG Anunoby for his work on the defensive end of the floor in recent weeks. On Sunday, his offensive game was on display as Anunoby scored a career-high 21 points in 34 minutes. He shot 7-for-10 from the floor, 5-for-8 from beyond the arc, and 2-for-3 from the free throw line. He also added eight rebounds.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
They are #@$% tanking on purpose. They match up better against us, and they know it - would rather face the Bucks than Wall and Beal, but whatever.

Lol, no they are not.

They're having massive chemistry/locker room problems. Their guys have been refusing to do interviews lately and their coach has been bashing the team for selfish play and bad defense for weeks.

Every team seeded 6/7/8 wants to play against Boston first, then Toronto then Cleveland.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Lol, no they are not.

They're having massive chemistry/locker room problems. Their guys have been refusing to do interviews lately and their coach has been bashing the team for selfish play and bad defense for weeks.

Every team seeded 6/7/8 wants to play against Boston first, then Toronto then Cleveland.

that is old news... with wall back they are coming together now and they have the celts tomorrow nationally televised and orlando wed

let's see how they do

still would rather play the bucks

heat and wizards give us fits

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
that is old news... with wall back they are coming together now and they have the celts tomorrow nationally televised and orlando wed

let's see how they do

We are the #1 seed and still worried about a potential 8 seed? This is so strange. I am not worried, personally. I really like this team. I am proud of this team. I am absolutely not afraid of a team that won only 44 times. With Wall or not.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
We are the #1 seed and still worried about a potential 8 seed? This is so strange. I am not worried, personally. I really like this team. I am proud of this team. I am absolutely not afraid of a team that won only 44 times. With Wall or not.

never underestimate your opponent

don't get me wrong, i think we're getting past them too (if the standings stay the same) but it won't be easy as you think - home court will be key

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
never underestimate your opponent

don't get me wrong, i think we're getting past them too (if the standings stay the same) but it won't be easy as you think - home court will be key

I am not even underestimating anyone. I think Raps are really good and shouldn't fear anyone, other than LBJ. Not even a team, just one person.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I am not even underestimating anyone. I think Raps are really good and shouldn't fear anyone, other than LBJ. Not even a team, just one person.

That's true but still, I think it would be really good to have a relatively easy series to begin with. For me that's Miami, really hope that's who we play.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Raps are apparently resting VanVleet, Ibaka, and Nogueira tonight vs the Pistons. I'm a little curious at why Nogueira's being rested when he's not a usual part of the rotation and that having one of your 4 interior guys out should be a great time to give Bebe a lot of run. I guess he must be banged up.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Raps are apparently resting VanVleet, Ibaka, and Nogueira tonight vs the Pistons. I'm a little curious at why Nogueira's being rested when he's not a usual part of the rotation and that having one of your 4 interior guys out should be a great time to give Bebe a lot of run. I guess he must be banged up.

Bebe left yesterdays game injured as did FVV.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

let's see how they do

Wall is actually the #1 reason for their chemistry and on-court issues. By far their best stretch of the season came with him injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad