Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
It's crazy how good the Raptors are. How deep of a run do you think they could make? It looks like they're easily the best team in the east. How do they match up against teams like Golden State, or Houston?

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
It's crazy how good the Raptors are. How deep of a run do you think they could make? It looks like they're easily the best team in the east. How do they match up against teams like Golden State, or Houston?

I think the Raps are going to have to overcome some mental barriers to get to the finals this year. They are clearly better than any other team in the East and they have the experience over some of the young up and coming teams but there's a little bit of mental frailty in this squad at times that is concerning.

I would say that we should expect them to get to the ECF and into the Finals. I think that if they get there then all bets are off as they would have overcome their biggest weakness but I don't think they could beat Golden State. I Do think they could beat Houston in 7 but that's a coin flip for me

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
This last game is actually very important. If we beat Miami Wednesday, we finish with a better record than Golden State, which would give us home court in the finals against the Warriors. Not saying we are a lock for the finals, and neither is Golden State, but if we end up in that position, having home court is huge for us.

Reactions: Vexed

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I sense Miami and Washington are both delibeately trying to get the 8th seed. Regardless, if the Raptors want any respect they're going to have to punish whoever they get in Round 1...punish them hard.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I sense Miami and Washington are both delibeately trying to get the 8th seed. Regardless, if the Raptors want any respect they're going to have to punish whoever they get in Round 1...punish them hard.

Well, then they are dumb. I'd want to face the team that has 2 all-stars out and not the fully healthy 1st seed that can go 10+ guys deep, LMAO. They really want to tank and face the Raps? They really want to make a 1st place even more motivated to beat the crap outta you? I doubt it's the case anyway. Teams would want Boston first, if anything.

Reactions: MapleLeafistan

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
This last game is actually very important. If we beat Miami Wednesday, we finish with a better record than Golden State, which would give us home court in the finals against the Warriors. Not saying we are a lock for the finals, and neither is Golden State, but if we end up in that position, having home court is huge for us.

I don't think Golden State is a lock to win tonight in Utah by any means, which would of course would make tomorrow irrelevant.

Although if they win and Washington loses tonight and locks into the eight seed, I would expect Miami to tank hard tomorrow get Boston in R1.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
jv-heat756.jpg

Game Preview: Raptors at Heat | Toronto Raptors

Game Preview: Raptors at Heat

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: Apr 11, 2018

Toronto Raptors (59-22) @ Miami Heat (43-38)
When: Wednesday, April 11th, 8 P.M. ET
Where: AmericanAirlines Arena
Broadcast info: TSN, TSN1050
LAST MEETING
The Raptors held on for a 115-112 victory against the Heat in Toronto back in February. Though Toronto led 98-81 heading into the fourth, the Heat pushed the Raptors to the brink, outscoring Toronto 31-17 in the quarter, using a 13-0 run to get within three with 56 seconds remaining, and two with 6.6 seconds on the clock. With an opportunity to tie the game and force overtime, Josh Richardson's three-pointer was off the mark and the Raptors held on for the win. DeMar DeRozan led the Raptors with 27 points, while Kyle Lowry added 22 points. The Heat were led by Goran Dragic's 28 points in the loss.
LEADING INTO TONIGHT'S GAME
Injury report:
For the Raptors, Lucas Nogueira (left hamstring tightness), and Fred VanVleet (lower back tightness) are questionable. Both missed Toronto's previous game in Detroit. For the Heat, Dion Waiters (left ankle surgery) is out.
82 of 82: Wednesday's contest against the Heat will close out the regular season for Toronto. Toronto has already set a new franchise record for wins in a season, wins at home, and wins on the road. The Raptors have also clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference for the first time in franchise history.
To be determined: While Toronto already has the top seed in the conference wrapped up, the Heat are still in play for the 6th, 7th and 8th seed in the East. With the Heat, Milwaukee Bucks and Washington Wizards all within one game of each other, Wednesday's game could help determine which team the Raptors will face in the first round of the postseason.
EXTRA ASSISTS
G-League MVP:
Lorenzo Brown was named the G-League MVP on Tuesday. Brown is a two-way player with the Raptors and 905, and he averaged team-highs of 18.8 points, 8.9 assists and 1.78 steals in 32 games with Raptors 905 this season. He helped lead Raptors 905 to the second-best record in the Eastern Conference. The Austin Spurs defeated Raptors 905 by a score of 98-76 on Tuesday in Game 2 of the G-League Finals to sweep the series 2-0 and earn this year's G-League Championship.
Mighty JV: Jonas Valanciunas led the Raptors in Monday's 108-98 victory in Detroit. He scored a game-high 25 points on 11-of-13 field goals to go with nine rebounds in 25 minutes. When Valanciunas was on the floor, the Raptors were a +21. On the season, Valanciunas is the only player in the league averaging at least 12.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in 25.0 minutes or less per game.
Ibaka fresh: The Raptors rested Serge Ibaka in Monday's victory against the Pistons. With DeMar DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas resting in the previous game, Ibaka had his opportunity to rest his legs in preparation for the postseason. Lorenzo Brown, Alfonzo McKinnie, and Malcolm Miller all traveled to Detroit to join the Raptors for the game.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
So....

If we win tonight vs. Miami:

Washington wins vs. Orlando we play Miami, if Washington loses vs. Orlando we play Washington.
Doesn't matter what happens to Milwaukee.

If we lose tonight vs. Miami:

Washington wins vs. Orlando and Milwaukee loses vs. Philly we play Milwaukee.
Washington wins vs. Orlando and Milwaukee wins vs. Philly we play Washington.
Washington loses vs. Orlando, it doesn't matter what Milwaukee does, we play Washington.

So basically, if Washington wants us, they need just need to lose to Orlando tonight. No scenario would change the outcome if they lose.

To clairfy:

In the scenario that Miami and Washington tie, the tie break seeds them
7. Miami (better record vs. division)
8. Washington

In the scenario that Milwaukee, Miami and Washington all tie, the tie break seeds them
6. Miami (Division Leader, better record vs. division)
7. Washington (better record vs. division than Milwaukee)
8. Milwaukee

:help::scared:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Another side note - Milwaukee's first round pick next year is unprotected from picks 11-16, so if they lose tonight and one of Washington/Miami win they end up losing their pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad